Death Notice - Neung From Art At Play

camo007

I regret to inform that Neung from Art at Play on Silom Soi 4, passed away around 5pm yesterday Wed 5 Jan 2011

from what we believe, was a heart attack, he had been battling heart problems for about 2 months now. He was awaiting a pacemaker to be installed in early February.

Neung (Art at Play' Next Door) was very popular .... he will be sadly missed

http://www.telephonepub.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/urgent/nueng-death-notice.jpg

I met Neung on my first trip to Bangkok back in 1998. He was only 26 at the time and was very buff and beautiful. I couldn't believe it when he hit on me! We enjoyed a wonderful week-long holiday romance. He introduced me to many of his friends and helped me learn my way around Bangkok and its gay scene. When I next returned to Bangkok, he was already with someone else, but he remained a good friend and continued to introduce me to new friends and help me feel a part of things. I will forever associate my love of Thailand with Neung's warmth and humor. He was also an amazingly talented artist who was always stretching his talent in new directions. I will miss him greatly.

Edited by plgnyc

I've met him a few times in and around Silom Soi 4. He was a well respected individual amongst businesses in that soi. When you walked past his shop at night, you would see him doing his work as an artist. Looking deeply into his work, looking for detail and finding some way to magically bring it forward.

I did meet him New Years Eve, and he was outside of his shop sitting on the platform that goes into his shop. This was the last time I'd ever seen him.

I asked one of the top managers at Telephone Pub, which is right next door the day after I recieved their newsletter. If there was going to be a wake or something soon. He said, he didn't know, yet.