Bangkok Post Database Section To Close

katana

databaselastedition.jpg

Database last edition 05/01/11

For anyone who reads the BKK Post's Database Section, apparently it ran its last column this Wednesday (05/01/11) and is to close.

Well, not quite perhaps. The only parts to survive are Wanda Sloan's The Sloan Ranger and App-shop which will appear in a new Life section.

More here

http://socialpr.blogspot.com/2011/01/bangkok-post-buries-24-year-old.html

Edited by metisdead
Edited the dates.

As a reminder, do not post links to Bangkok Post:

31) All members are not allowed to quote news articles or material from bangkokpost.com or phuketwan inside topics on thaivisa.com. Posts containing quotes will be deleted from the forum. Links referring back to the sites are also not allowed and will be deleted.

Typical Thailand, close the only section worth reading....

Is a bit like when i go shopping and they do not restock on things that sell out, on a certain way it make perfect sense, putting things back on the shelf is time consuming and then the reordering processes, etc, definetely not worthed, shops and anything else for sale shoud be only there for a question of "face" and nothing else :lol:

Its been going downhill for years. Database was one of the few parts worth reading. With the loss of all their pullouts, and a painfully slow and messy website, they are in trouble.

Its been going downhill for years. Database was one of the few parts worth reading. With the loss of all their pullouts, and a painfully slow and messy website, they are in trouble.

Yeah, that leaves sports as the only remaining "section you can trust". The rest is either APA/Reuters, strictly censored opinion pieces, or straight out BS - example, any article having to do with the property market. They look like news articles but they're actually advertisements paid for by interested parties.

I quite liked the Thai guy writing for Database, he had a little bit of insight into the messy IT situation Thailand's in. He could clearly not write what he thought either but what he posted always had some original, and interesting information that I didn't find anywhere else. Don something.

As far as I am concerned BP is heading the wrong way. Sorry to see outlook and especially database go. Instead of that we get supplements like guru, muze and brunch that go straight to the pile of waste paper I sell at the end of every month. These supplements are trying to be trendy, but people who are trendy will only laugh about it, and for people who are not trendy they also don't hold any interest.

Edited by keestha