Business Or First Class Air Discounts

DJ Moore

I'll be traveling round trip US, NYC - Bangkok. Soon will be doing it 4 - 5 times a year, until I finally relocate. I hate flying coach, however my funds are not unlimited. Is there any where to find discounted business or first class seats?

I'd appreciate any info...........DJM

100K miles a year? Be top of the ff club so that should garner some upgrades. However that being the case - I find upgrades very limited these days. :o

Discounted business/first - no idea but seriously doubt you want to pay the price even with a discount.

Get a round trip economy class ticket in US (assuming it's cheaper than one way ticket), fly to BKK and get business or first class round trip ticket issued in LOS and fly home with that ticket (disregard the back-haul economy class ticket) and keep having the ticket issued in Bangkok from that point onward. I don't really know about the price in US but that is what my friend in Japan does, where the business class air fare costs almost 3 - 4 times as much as the Bangkok-issued biz class ticket.

Edited by Nordlys

100K miles a year? Be top of the ff club so that should garner some upgrades. However that being the case - I find upgrades very limited these days. :o

Discounted business/first - no idea but seriously doubt you want to pay the price even with a discount.

I few the Concords once at a discount........ BA was having a promotion. I know about high prices, because recently got quoted a round trip first class fair from Thai Airways, for $12000.00 and yes I didn't like it. So I keep on looking. Thanks ............ DJM

Get a round trip economy class ticket in US (assuming it's cheaper than one way ticket), fly to BKK and get business or first class round trip ticket issued in LOS and fly home with that ticket (disregard the back-haul economy class ticket) and keep having the ticket issued in Bangkok from that point onward.  I don't really know about the price in US but that is what my friend in Japan does, where the business class air care costs almost 3 - 4 times as much as the Bangkok-issued biz class ticket.

Interesting. I will be checking that out for sure. Thanks........... DJM

Get a round trip economy class ticket in US (assuming it's cheaper than one way ticket), fly to BKK and get business or first class round trip ticket issued in LOS and fly home with that ticket (disregard the back-haul economy class ticket) and keep having the ticket issued in Bangkok from that point onward.  I don't really know about the price in US but that is what my friend in Japan does, where the business class air care costs almost 3 - 4 times as much as the Bangkok-issued biz class ticket.

Interesting. I will be checking that out for sure. Thanks........... DJM

Your should. It's very good advice. A few years ago the first class fare BKK-US-BKK was slightly less than the business class fare US-BKK-US. It's not that large a spread any longer, but still significant. And, unlike most US carriers, carries out here compete vigorously with respect to 'deals.'

Here are some current examples against which you can test your US fares:

BKK-JFK-BKK nonstop on TG, business class, since there's no first class: THB141,000

BKK-JFK-BKK via HKG on CX, first class: THB 245,000

I'll be traveling round trip US, NYC - Bangkok. Soon will be doing it 4 - 5 times a year, until I finally relocate. I hate flying coach, however my funds are not unlimited. Is there any where to find discounted business or first class seats?

Are you aware this year Thai started the world's longest non-stop flight on this route? It has no first class, just eco, biz, and a class between the two which sounds like what you might be after. Worth a look, but seats seems markedly more expensive than comparable flights with one hop as far as I can tell.

I would go foe the EVA deal and thier point program. Your profile ( internet reg.) is how you get upgrades :o . Special meals, pre-selected seat options ,occupation, remarks ( require leg room) :D Internet deals out of the states. Cheap tickets from Chawla Travel in BKK :D . Korean does a great deal , but it is a really long haul. Hope it helps. :D Try EVA ad I think u will be happy :D .

I've been in first class twice.

Nobody around me was paying. All FF points. Me too.

Would I pay? Never. 6K US$ SYD-BKK? Never.

Biz class at my expense? SYD-BKK 3.5K US$? Never.

Biz class SYD-LHR? I would, out of my pocket.

I guess the next time I go First or Business I'll just tell everybody around me, I am not paying as well, not to look stupid. LOL, but seriously we all need to start somewhere in reference to FFM................ DJM

The only way you're going to fly 1st or Biz class is to get a company paying for it for you. Almost nobody pays for those seats out of their pocket, it's way too much. Everyody sitting in 1st or Biz class is on business or FF points.

Are you aware this year Thai started the world's longest non-stop flight on this route? It has no first class, just eco, biz, and a class between the two which sounds like what you might be after. Worth a look, but seats seems markedly more expensive than comparable flights with one hop as far as I can tell.

I am thanks. I most likely will be tempted to take the non-stop Thai flight from NYC to BBK, but will be hoping for promotions of some sort............ DJM

They also have premium economy class for NYC - BKK route much like economy deluxe class of EVA lopburi3 mentioned. See link below for seating configuration (Airbus A340-500). It's 17 hours flight btw. 2nd longest non-stop service next to Singapore - NYC non-stop service operated by Singapore Airlines (also polar flight).

http://www.thaiair.com/Travel_Destination_...aps/A3452_l.htm