Cbr 250 Vs Ninja 250

johnboy3739w

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even a good set of tyres could save the poser with the white porky. :rolleyes:

God forbid he was on something that actually had torque.

Talk is cheap bro, when will we see your little wanna be CB'r' thumper at the track. I'm guessing you don't even know how to do a race start. Silly noob, prepare to be owned :lol:

Dave.... That last picture is a Ninja ZX10 in the ditch....

I'm pretty sure that IS a real NINJA.... (but saying that they were massively strangled powerwise due to Thai emissions)

Oops...good catch...unfortunately I can't go back and edit it out so I'll just weather the storm of 'dumbass' that are being prepared to be hurled my way...:jap:

Not even a good set of tyres could save the poser with the white porky. :rolleyes:

God forbid he was on something that actually had torque.

Talk is cheap bro, when will we see your little wanna be CB'r' thumper at the track. I'm guessing you don't even know how to do a race start. Silly noob, prepare to be owned :lol:

Not sure what any of that post has to do with the torque-less porky being an embarrassment, even with some decent rubber. :rolleyes:

Though there is a Honda NSR250 for sale that I'm considering as a bit of a project, although if I take that to the track the porkies still probably won't see me. Your Kawa 650 probably wouldn't either. :D

Edited by hehehoho

A real CBR 250RR:

cbr250rr.jpg

A wannabe CB'r' 250

202091_151584874903550_100001561158428_336463_7081267_o.jpg

Any questions? :lol:

Talking of "Real" CBR250RR They did incorporate a second R in the name over that of the new CBR250R. maybe that makes up for the difference ?? Must say tho.....they are chalk and cheese as far as performance goes.

There are many of the CBR250RR for sale in Australia and easy to find a very good well kept or refurbished examples. Sell for from about 90,000 B to 180,000B depending on condition. Probably the worst examples are equal to the best in thailand. Just a pity they are so old.......always hand in pocket for maintenace.

Because sales of the Kawa 250 stopped when the new CBR was released in Australia they (Kawa) dropped the price down $1500 or approx 15000 B to try boost sales.

A new CBR250R is approx 204,000 B for a non ABS

There is a very nice Aprila 250 parks close to where I am living.......nice order too. hate to think what that is worth.

• 2 weeks later...

Khun Tingnote gave us a nice demonstration yesterday of how easy it is to crash the CB'r' 250 :rolleyes:

But how come the slooooow CBr is leading the bunch when it happened? Something to do with its slow acceleration I guess? Too fast into the corner on cold tyres are some of the reasons for the fall.

I wonder if he had kept going how much lead he would have built up? But then Im only guessing. I wasnt there.

I have been looking at several CBR250RRs to buy, even tho somewhat ageing now, in preference over the new CBR250R tho.

OHHH COME NOW Tony. Accidents like that can happen even on full blown race bikes as you know.... very similar to the "dancing bikes video".

What i liked was he got up and got back on the bike.

By the way do you know What tyres was he using ?

Edited by thaicbr

Khun Tingnote gave us a nice demonstration yesterday of how easy it is to crash the CB'r' 250 :rolleyes:

But how come the slooooow CBr is leading the bunch when it happened? Something to do with its slow acceleration I guess? Too fast into the corner on cold tyres are some of the reasons for the fall.

I wonder if he had kept going how much lead he would have built up? But then Im only guessing. I wasnt there.

I have been looking at several CBR250RRs to buy, even tho somewhat ageing now, in preference over the new CBR250R tho.

Visions.. it's getting VERY difficult finding spares for those old CBR250rr bikes.....Great bikes though if you have the time and money to sort one out properly. A few things to watch out for.. they are prone to overheat in this temperature(Thailand). they will only run normal gasoline (no gasohol) and lastly make sure you have nice sticky tyres... it's more fun. :D

He wasn't leading, he was about to get lapped, nutted up and lost it. :D

Visions.. it's getting VERY difficult finding spares for those old CBR250rr bikes.....Great bikes though if you have the time and money to sort one out properly. A few things to watch out for.. they are prone to overheat in this temperature(Thailand). they will only run normal gasoline (no gasohol) and lastly make sure you have nice sticky tyres... it's more fun. :D

Thanks for the advice/suggestions. Yes the age is the one thing that puts me off. I had a CBR400 in Thailand and it cost me a fortune.

In fact just now I am in Australia (sadly) and here they CBR250s were sold by Honda dealers. There are many available and in substantially better condition that usually can be found in Thailand.

I feel the new CBR would not foot it with the bigger engined cars used here, compared to Thai roads/traffic. The drivers also dont fall asleep at lights like Thai drivers hehe so acceleration is important.

Id like a CBR600 but here they are even more expensive than in Thailand, even though there is a reasonable number and supply available.

Thanks for the advice/suggestions. Yes the age is the one thing that puts me off. I had a CBR400 in Thailand and it cost me a fortune.

In fact just now I am in Australia (sadly) and here they CBR250s were sold by Honda dealers. There are many available and in substantially better condition that usually can be found in Thailand.

I feel the new CBR would not foot it with the bigger engined cars used here, compared to Thai roads/traffic. The drivers also dont fall asleep at lights like Thai drivers hehe so acceleration is important.

Id like a CBR600 but here they are even more expensive than in Thailand, even though there is a reasonable number and supply available.

A CBR600 is more expensive in Australia than Thailand? How is that possible?! I thought they go for around AU$12-14k new down under. That's a heck of a lot less than you'd pay in Thailand!

A CBR600 is more expensive in Australia than Thailand? How is that possible?! I thought they go for around AU$12-14k new down under. That's a heck of a lot less than you'd pay in Thailand!

The current RRP of the CBR600 is A$16499 so heading for approx 550,000 THB so I guess not so different. (And can buy off the floor) However the CBR250 ABS is approx 210,000THB (Prices are not including on road costs.)

I think you'll find thats the CBR1000RR from $15999 - $18999 ride away, slightly different prices in different states, you can find some pretty good second hand ones under $15000. The CBR600RR anywhere from $13000 - $15000 but again some good deals on second hand or dealer demo models

I think you'll find thats the CBR1000RR from $15999 - $18999 ride away, slightly different prices in different states, you can find some pretty good second hand ones under $15000. The CBR600RR anywhere from $13000 - $15000 but again some good deals on second hand or dealer demo models

I checked with the main Perth Honda dealer before I posted the prices. But yes can strike some good deals at present.

To get back on topic, it's great to actually get the opinion of someone who actually owns the bikes being compared.

This makes for an interesting read......... The guy has a Cbr250r and a Ninja 250..

http://www.ninjette....7478#post327478

Just one persons opinion... And yes we know the US ones are carb etc......

But one that i've been saying all along :whistling:

I feel that the new CBR250R is a much better sport touring bike. The seat is wider and flatter. It has more room to move around on. The Ninja seat tends to cram you into the tank. The tank of the Honda sits higher so is very comfortable to lay down on to get out of the wind and noise. It is also narrower so taller riders will have plenty of leg room whereas anyone over a 34" inseam will find their knees digging into the tank flair of the new gen Ninja. The Honda sits a little larger and higher all around. The rounder seat of the Kawasaki is easier to stand over for my 5'4" daughter though so shorter riders will prefer the Ninja.

20 pounds doesn't sound like a big diffence but the Honda feels lighter while yanking it around the parking lot and while riding. It is also less sharp edged over expansion joints. I haven't ridden anyone two up on either bike but one couple did 900 miles on a long weekend on the CBR250R so the rear seat must ride ok. I can say it is much better for supporting a Cortech trunk bag. I had to remove the rear seat on the Kawasaki and let the bag sit on the body work as it had a tendency to fall over to one side or the other.

The Ninja is obviously a great bike at a great price and fits my daughter perfectly. It will be fun to put the fuel injection kit on it to see how much the fuel economy can improve. But my go to bike will be the CBR250R.

Edited by hehehoho

You left the part out that says the Ninja can smoke the CBR anytime it wanted to though. His main thing in his write up is ergonomics for his specific body type.

That link is misleading because it goes to the second page of his posted topic, first page is a much better read here:

first page

Edited by KRS1

People who havent ridden the Ninja 250 usually say there's a lack of power. When i rode it i didn't notice half the problems people say it has.

Quotes from link:

"I vote 70 mpg. Save some for later. These quarter liter bikes are the perfect size for one fit rider to commute on. I rode the Honda CBR250R to work today and the roll on passing at 70 mph and stability in rough air is fine. The Ninja is even better at both. People need to understand a 250 is not just a toy."
"If you want to sport ride you can put a pipe on a Ninja 250 and rejet to hang with the 600s. The Honda doesn't have the red line to ever achieve any great upgrade in horsepower."

Most claims about the Ninja lacking toque usually comes in at or under 3k rpm...really who cares what happens under 3 k rpm.

You Honda people remind me of Thaksin.

Edited by KRS1

You left the part out that says the Ninja can smoke the CBR anytime it wanted to though. His main thing in his write up is ergonomics for his specific body type.

That link is misleading because it goes to the second page of his posted topic, first page is a much better read here:

first page

Not exactly misleading as it's his review after a month and 1200+ miles. The first page is just after purchase without much time or break-in.

But you're right, the first page is a good read too:

The Honda is much roomier around the knees for taller riders

Both bikes are good in fast sweepers. The Honda is a little easier to change lines.

The Honda shifts much better.

There is zero vibration in the seat of the Honda.

The Ninja's low beam is terrible.

Around town, the torque advantage of the Honda makes it nicer than the Ninja 250R and I also feel that the ergonomics are better. There seems to be more leverage in the handle bars with the Honda and your head height is higher for better vision down the road even though the spec for the seat height is the same, I think the CBR sits a little higher. It looks and feels like a bigger bike.

The Honda is quicker handling. And the ride is a little more plush. Very nice.

Around town the Honda has more midrange torque in the 4-7k range so you don't have to wind up the gears as much.

Jeez. You lot are fricking unbelievable. I posted the link because it was interesting to get the perspective from someone who HAS both bikes. And has determined that they are BOTH great bikes but for slightly different reasons...Not rocket science.

Some of you haven't even ridden both bikes.blink.gif

krs1 How can the link be misleading for ANYONE with an ounce of brain matter who can click on buttonsrolleyes.gif