Cbr 250 Vs Ninja 250

johnboy3739w

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good shots here of a CBR+Ninja ride together in Chiang Mai.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=th&tl=en&u=http://www.mybikestories.com/index.php%3Ftopic%3D9361.0&usg=ALkJrhgYK4DbrQO6GXB7qHzsiwbd67LA6w

39878205174502899241.jpg

Like the look of these CBRs with a cosmetic nose job. I personally think the 150 has a nicer nose with that longer V shaped screen. Chatting in Sumet it came up and it's apparently a cheap enough change as it's only one small piece of faring and the screen, if you have the black model.

36579773571834577945.jpg

Some nice pics on there.

Although one of the riders seemed to suffer from poor handling.

Think it's more like:

CBR 1:'They can't be stock, can they?'

CBR 2:'Yup'

CBR 1:'But they're so toy like'

CBR 3:'Yeah, they're the same brand as our stock IRCs'

CBR 2:'Only in toy size'

Wonder if that's part of why the ninja handles so poorly.

96355555121034093380.jpg

96273532841228501999.jpg

Whoops. Porky down.

Edited by hehehoho

96273532841228501999.jpg

Whoops. Porky down.

That picture actually concerns me; it appears he was using the same crash bungs that I have on my Ninja. If they bend that much out of the way and damage the plastic that much, what's their purpose?

Not a critique on the rider or the bike, merely aftermarket part...

nah, that rider use to have a CBR 250, then upgraded to the faster, more powerful Ninja 250.

He couldn't handle it.

0-60mph

---------------

8.5 secs (CBR) vs 7.7 secs (Ninja)....almost a second faster.....and its porkier !

1/4 mile

-------------

16.15secs (CBR) vs 15.62secs (Ninja)

Top Speed

-------------

87 mph (CBR) vs 93 mph (Ninja)

Torque

-------------

12.7 (CBR) vs 13.5 (Ninja)

Porkpower

------------

23.7 (CBR) vs 25.5 (ninja)

is that more pork or more horses? You can change the tires on either bike, but you can't change the engine !

Edited by KRS1

Just glancing through your post and having had the stock CBR250R to a faster top speed (GPS) than you list, it doesn't inspire confidence in your reporting. :lol:

nah, that rider use to have a CBR 250, then upgraded to the faster, more powerful Ninja 250.

Sounds like you were there. I did see an old model 150 in the pics so guess that bit is first hand reporting. :rolleyes:

Edited by hehehoho

He couldn't handle it.

0-60mph

---------------

8.5 secs (CBR) vs 7.7 secs (Ninja)....almost a second faster.....and its porkier !

1/4 mile

-------------

16.15secs (CBR) vs 15.62secs (Ninja)

Top Speed

-------------

87 mph (CBR) vs 93 mph (Ninja)

Torque

-------------

12.7 (CBR) vs 13.5 (Ninja)

Porkpower

------------

23.7 (CBR) vs 25.5 (ninja)

is that more pork or more horses? You can change the tires on either bike, but you can't change the engine !

blimey... did you make up all of those.... you must of the torque is defo wrong... the power and top sped are maybe correct but helllllll

Given KRSpam1's difficulty with the written word, it's not hard to see how she gets confused. I'm still waiting to be shown where I lied about the CBR250R's beating the Kawa 650s on the track being stock. Apparently I lied about it and were telling people they were stock. :huh:

KRSpam1?

Those specs were taken from cycleworld itself. The website that hehehoho likes to quote so much, so it appears that he's been lying this whole time saying the Ninja is under torqued, when the specs were right in front of him the whole time.

There are many times you said the cbr beat the kawa 650's, only in the end did you say it was a on a track and modified. So if you must, you may continue being the little lying bitch that you really are.

How much is Honda paying you to Spam the CBR 250? All your little marketing and communication tricks follow standard protocol. Say one thing in the beginning to mislead, then cover it up in the end, always get the last word for new viewers to see, discredit the poster, turn stories around, then try and attempt to enrage the poster by name calling to instigate loss of reason.

Nice try.

Cycleword Specs specs for the carbed version. vs CBR 250

being the little lying bitch that you really are.

Ooer, someone's had trouble with their carbs this morning. It not warmed up yet?

specs for the carbed version. vs CBR 250

What has specs for the carbed ninja got to do with a comparison between the Thai ninja and Thai CBR250R, and why are you spamming the forum with (untrue) figures for a bike that doesn't even exist here? :huh:

Pretty sneaky and despicable behaviour if you ask me, KRSpam1. Not to mention the blatant lies you try pass off about what other posters say.

Please keep this thread to true info on the Thai Ninja 250 and the Thai CBR250R, I know that's difficult for many of the haters due to the poor performance:price ratio, poorer handling, slower off the line and through the bends etc of the Thai ninja. So it might be a big ask for a few.

Edited by hehehoho

I've not seen the comparison between the carbed Ninja and the FI Ninja. I'm guessing that with a stock carb the difference would be minimal if there was any difference at all. Of course there would be more room for improvement playing around with a carb, but stock carb vs. stock FI? I certainly don't think the difference would be enough to make the Ninja as slow as the CBR.

Well it doesn't help enough to keep up with the great CBR250R off the line and through the corners, but I think Dave is the man with the figures.

Remember also that the carbed model is geared differently to the Thai model as well.

Some people seem to have difficulty remembering this no matter how many times it's mentioned. :whistling:

Not to be pedantic, but I guess someone should change the title then because it just says CBR250 vs Ninja250. :rolleyes:

Don't be so unkind - how do you expect hehehoho to earn his 5 dollars a day spamming internet forums when you keep interfering with his work with your pesky facts and logic?

Isn't it about time that forum members who own either bike meet up and have a TV shootout ( the bikes not each other :whistling: ) I'm in Chumphon with the cbr, anyone within a 100km or so with a ninja?

BTW, I really don't care which bike comes out on top.

Not to be pedantic, but I guess someone should change the title then because it just says CBR250 vs Ninja250. :rolleyes:

Don't be so unkind - how do you expect hehehoho to earn his 5 dollars a day spamming internet forums when you keep interfering with his work with your pesky facts and logic?

Well if people are going to post 'facts' and figures for models of either the CBR250 or Ninja 250 that aren't currently for sale in Thailand doesn't the CBR250 produce in the region of 45HP? And has done so for over 20 years.

image008.jpg

Of course to do so is silly. As is comparing a model that has a different engine, different gearing, and isn't available for sale here. :rolleyes:

But if that's what ye embarrassed Thai ninja owners need to do to make your bikes seem (deceivingly) better than they are, it's a bit sad. It's disappointing when people need to do such.

Well it doesn't help enough to keep up with the great CBR250R off the line and through the corners, but I think Dave is the man with the figures.

Remember also that the carbed model is geared differently to the Thai model as well.

Some people seem to have difficulty remembering this no matter how many times it's mentioned. :whistling:

And some people keep pointing to the Cycleworld review, knowing its the carbed model and has different acceleration characteristics from the FI model.--- so who's bending the facts?

So how much you getting paid to promote the Honda CBR 250?

Whenever I call you out on it, you avoid the issue.

Different gearing, a simple sprocket change. Wake up.

Anyway you've just made it onto my ignore list.

Comparing the current US and Thai models of the Ninja is not quite the same thing as comparing the current CBR with the previous model from 15 years back though is it? :whistling:

Do you know the difference between the FI and Carb Ninja or not? Or are you just going to keep repeating that it's 'different spec' for your next 20 pages of inane spam? :rolleyes:

So how much you getting paid to promote the Honda CBR 250?

Not so much as an oil change. :D

Oh right, I'm on ignore so you can't read that. Funny asking someone a question then claiming you're putting them on ignore in the same post, eh KRSpam1. Wonder how long it will take you to forget and respond and quote me. I'll it a week. :lol:

So then, shall we decide to keep this as a Thai CBR250R and Thai Ninja 250 comparison? I personally think that's the most sensible route, as opposed to pulling in facts and figures from bikes that aren't sold here.

Edited by hehehoho

Comparing the current US and Thai models of the Ninja is not quite the same thing as comparing the current CBR with the previous model from 15 years back though is it? :whistling:

Nope, but both are just as available to buy from the Honda and Kawa dealers here, so I guess the point is the same. :)

Nope, but both are just as available to buy from the Honda and Kawa dealers here, so I guess the point is the same. :)

I'll try a third time. Do you know the difference between the FI and Carbed Ninja in terms of performance?

I'll try a third time. Do you know the difference between the FI and Carbed Ninja in terms of performance?

Sorry Jonny, only from the reviews I've read, the different gearing gives the non-Thai model better acceleration and the carb also gives it more HP.

To use those figures to compare to the CBR250R would be the same as to change the gearing, get your times and use those numbers. A wee bit misleading for those in Thailand interested in comparing the two models that are available here.

Interesting that Kawa in the US decided not to go for the FI model for 2012 like had been rumoured.