Valentine'S Day

Raiderz4Life

Aw heck, I'll do a serious reply:

Try to book stores. D.K. Book Center and Suriwong.

Also consider buying a bag ful of 5 baht plastic rings and bracelets. There is something very endearing about a friendly middle aged gentleman giving little plastic toy rings to random waitresses, or attaching cute little heart shaped stickers to their blouses. It's endearing both in the way it's given and the way it's received. Mr. Forbes, take note. ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

The little stickers are indeed an excellent invention! They're cute, and allow you to walk up to just about any cute chick and attach to her upper torso. Holidays don't come much better than this. (Oh wait, they do, in April. ;) But Valentine's is nice to warm up to that one.)

Grown men handing out plastic rings or lollipops I think is a bit sad though. I'm not knocking it if it works for anyone though; life's too short.

The little stickers are indeed an excellent invention! They're cute, and allow you to walk up to just about any cute chick and attach to her upper torso. Holidays don't come much better than this. (Oh wait, they do, in April. ;) But Valentine's is nice to warm up to that one.)

Grown men handing out plastic rings or lollipops I think is a bit sad though. I'm not knocking it if it works for anyone though; life's too short.

Handing out lollipops (candy). Kind of puts this over the line on being somewhat sick.:ermm:

My oh my...all I wanted was a little advice from those who like to have fun and maybe could offer some tid-bits of direction. I guess all of CM is sad and gloomy and jaded, and that's why there is so much negative blow back and hijacking of topics. No wonder I'm deleting this site from my Favorites list.

Adios to all of you sourpussies! Get a life, or at least get a good psychiatrist.

My oh my...all I wanted was a little advice from those who like to have fun and maybe could offer some tid-bits of direction. I guess all of CM is sad and gloomy and jaded, and that's why there is so much negative blow back and hijacking of topics. No wonder I'm deleting this site from my Favorites list.

Adios to all of you sourpussies! Get a life, or at least get a good psychiatrist.

BY-BY.:lol:

they sell many small gifts and cards at robinnson in airport plaza at valentines day

rick

Handing out lollipops (candy). Kind of puts this over the line on being somewhat sick.:ermm:

Huh.. since when? : Valentines Lollipops

Anything that's sweet, nice and cheap is made for this day!

Well I guess it is pretty obvious the man has a life.

We tend to forget that because we have time on our hands other people have a busy life and when asking for information would appreciate a answer.

It was my impression that was what this forum was set up to do. Nothing wrong with a little humor but belittling humor is a little over board.

I know for my self there has been a few threads that unless you had knowledge of the places or events you might as well forget it. No one is willing to give the background for one's understanding of the subject no matter how interested you are. There answer is goggle it or search back for a previous thread.

That is one of the problems with forum's no real regulation. I have seen moderators do this and rather that tell what it is defend there rite not to.

Maybe we all should try to be a little bit more considerate to new posters. As for the old boys club well joke on.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Bor Sang may be an option as well. My mom asked me to bring hand made Christmas cards, those of Sa-paper, in September.

After some searching I found several in small and in standard size.

Or maybe on the night bazar or Saturday or Sunday walking streets.

there is a lady who does hand painted cards. She can be found a the expat club meetings 10:00 AM the fourth Saturday of the month. At the Shangrala.

She will take orders. I had her do up some with Mickey Mouse and some with Wizards. No problem.

"Valentine's Day is just around the corner. Where can I get little Valentine cards and goodies? Just simple but fun little things for the hotel staff ladies, my favorite waitresses, housekeeper, etc"

The Exapat Newsletter has a pleasant little article on the florists of Chiang Mai and at the Ton Lamyai Flower Market-next to Wororot- they have 50 stalls stacked up with locally grown flowers.A single red rose would be a nice accompaniment to any Valentine Card and who knows where it might lead.

Is the Op from The USA ? Valentine's Day in SEA , just another invention from the west :rolleyes:

What's next , the easter bunny :P

No, the escaped-tiger from the Night-Safari ate the :wub: bunny, along with a surfeit of chickens, going by the multiple-claims for compensation ! :D