Baggage Storage - Good Idea Or Not?

I am traveling from Laos to Siem Reap through BKK, and upon return will travel to Sukhotail for a total of about 10 days. I read about luggage storage in the airport and also some old posts about theft from the storage facility. I would be storing my souvenirs, not really of value, but am not sure if the risk is worth it.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

I;ve used them many times and never had a problem,even leaving booze and fags inside the case.

If your worried have your bag wrapped in clingfilm.

cheers

Wow, here I was reading the OP's post thinking, "This will be full of replies from the usual Thai-bashing negative Thai Visa nothing-better-to-do-than-criticise sad life grumble bags that we always get on here". They'll be saying don't use it, everything will go missing (even though they've no doubt never used the service), what can Suvarnabhumbi ever do right (nothing, nothing I tell ya! That train that goes from the centre of town direct to the airport terminal in 15 minutes is a DISGRACE!!)?

But, wow, what a pleasant surprise! Are the normal posts to follow?

If you are going for 10 days then you might want to consider the method that I have used. Stay the night before you travel at the Novotel (call them to get a good rack-rate) then leave your baggage for free with them. 5 star hotel bag storage will be much safer than "bidded for" contract storage. We did it for 3 weeks whilst in Burma (Myanmar) and we paid B3,200 for our room (lovely) including a great breakfast. So the bag storage (2 large bags) worked out at B76 per day per bag. Not bad, especially as we had a lovely night in a lovely room thrown in for free (if you look at it that way).