Opportunity

1. Yes IP address was requested to cross check his spam that he has already sent.

2. Contacted all 3 Software vendors, 1 says you MUST have a Thai Registered broker if used in Thailand the other 2 state Clearly in their EULA that a SEC clearance must be acquired and Broker licenses must be maintained to use it Legaly. And that is what they referred me to.

3. Yes this is the kind of person I am, I will not allow any 419er to rip off any TV member because of the simple fact I am a member.

4. I did not get the IP address, but I have talked to senior members of SET and passed his telephone number along. And They are very interested and want to do their own follow up, not through TV as the main articles have been sent already not this portion of the thread. (Note for chownah)

5. I know you guys may be a bit gullible on this issue, I spotted him right off by the language he used or terms he said were in fact:

a. I am not Thai

b. I am not nor do I have a broker’s license

c. I will do this for free

Who does any of this kind of stuff FREE?

If it looks too good to be true it is NOT TRUE

If it smells like a rat it surely is a RAT :o

The telemarketers were busted by SET, no work permits, no broker license and they ripped of an Aussie for 200K and some how misplaced 5m. This kind of BS makes all xpats look like common thieves.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meelousee, are you accusing the guy of trying to setup a boiler room ?

I think you are confusing boiler rooms and "investment clubs". Maybe the guy was just trying to setup an "investment club". These are not illegals in the US (or in Thailand for that matter if you trade US equities only), no WP or license required as long as it is an "investment club" as you trade through a license broker.

The Thai laws as posted here earliers are so "broad", they could mean anything and nothing. Basically you would need a license for wanting to take a leak next to the SET building :o

3. Yes this is the kind of person I am, I will not allow any 419er to rip off any TV member because of the simple fact I am a member.
Nothing here about boiler room, nor a teacher they are very different and not thieves.

419-ers trick, deceive, and set you up to get you to place your hard earned money in to an account they then walk away with. :o Do you even know what a 419er is? They are the Nigerian types that offer millions and have none.

Nothing in my post says anything about a work permit or visa.

I thought I was doing a favor not being a cop! :D

This was a newbie and the software he quoted is what 419ers use to deceive those who would be foolish enough to go-for-it and loose it. The ONLY people that use it legit are registered brokers with a legit licenses from SEC or SET and do not offer their services FREE.

This was not an investment club this was a setup pure and simple.

Sorry you guys are offended, I will remember not to raise a flag when I see a hammer about to be dropped on you.

As you may or may not have noticed he ran like a rabbit when I confronted that user with direct questions and the facts that

The ONLY people that use it (those particular software groups) are registered brokers with a legit licenses from SEC or SET

So those who would get involved with this had only their money to lose so if you have plenty to throw away go-for-it!

Again I apologize to those offended and I guess I was wrong after all it is YOUR money.

Rest assured I won’t do it again :D