Triple T Broadband

Langsuan Man

I have been fighting with TT&T for the last three weeks to have my voice phone service restored

In order to keep my condo "technicians" from selling my phone line I have the voice service blocked at the TT&T exchange every year when I go away for six months. Since there is no dial tone the line cannot be used or sold to another occupant of the condo

This year I could not get the voice service restored and after numerous visits by TT&T technicians everyone was puzzled as to why an active line could not be used for voice service as well as Internet

Finally talked to the building manager and in consultation with his "tech" discovered that Triple T Broadband technicians knew all along what the problem was but would not fix it until they were paid 400 THB

Once I authorized the payment of this 400 THB bribe the Triple T Broadband techs came to my condo, checked the line, and restored voice service to my telephone

I guess what galls me the most is the fact that Triple T made me pay for six months in advance for Internet this year and then to have the tech demand an additional 400 THB was just throwing salt on the wound

I have written Triple T Broadband warning them that they will probably have to pay their technician a 400 THB bribe to get him to turn off my Internet service when I stop paying my bill once the six months advance runs out

You are aware that TT&T, the telephone company, no longer offer internet connections?

Maxnet, the internet part of TT&T, was hived off as a separate company some months ago.

Now called 3BB.

So separate that they have been running cables to keep the internet apart from the telephone.

A couple of months ago the 3BB technicians were round here running out new cables.

Our houses now have two lines, one for telephone, one for internet.

One poster, who lives out in the sticks, was told that 3BB wouldn't be running cables out as far as he lived,

so he would be losing his internet.

If you still have internet then it the line has been taken over by 3BB.

If TT&T take it back for the phone you will lose interent!

Perhaps the 400 baht was for a separate cable from your condos connection to your apartment?

Not getting a receipt doesnt necessarily mean its corrupt. The condo probably has the engineers number, called him and he's probably known what the problem is, but he isnt part of his schedule to fix it, probably come clocked on later or finished early to sort your problem, you probably could of eventually got it resolved via the contact center with a work sheet after another 3.5 months (you probably would have had to drive/taxi to 3BB/TT&T office to make the payment first as well - they dont add one-off like install/line-moves etc.. to the post bill). Best not to get angry about these things, you got it sorted quickly when you came up with small payment.

Sounds like there is just a new fee associated with this particular service action due to the way the separate phone and internet companies are now set up. Kinda like how banks now days seem to invent a new fee everyday...a fee for something that use to be free.