Why Would Anyone Want To Live In Jomtien?

Jingthing

LOL. :)

(And you even visit the Pattaya forum and everything..! ;) )

Let me put it this way: When you meet another foreigner, and the guy stares right through you without a nod, smile or saying 'hi', then you're still in Pattaya.

Haaa..and strange as it may sound but that is what i enjoy most about the Tambol/Amphur - not having to socialize with tourists. :ph34r:

Hmm.. When I'm in Pattaya I don't mind many of the tourists to be honest.. I dislike meeting jaded expats FAR more than tourists, who more often than not retain a positive attitude. This is generalising of course, some of my best friends live in the Pattaya area.

Speaking for myself, if I lived in Pattaya then I wouldn't play word games: I'd say it loud, I live in Pattaya and I'm proud! And any kind of vibes from Bangkok based people, or those out in the sticks I wouldn't care less about. Pattaya: The most vibrant city in Thailand. And soon to be the second largest, if not already.

Still speaking for myself, I would probably try to live somewhere like Naklua proper (the actual village/town) or Bang Saray, etc. I would try to live where there are still established social structures in place, so when you meet people, they're the ones actually born in the area, with family in the area, and to give a <deleted> or two about the area. I would not try to live in places with a lot of migrants, who are cut away from any social or cultural structures leading to many of them going off the rails. (I hope this is within the topic as intended by the OP: evaluating living in Pattaya vs Jomtien, which I'm extending to other areas around downtown Pattaya.)

why would anyone not want to live in Jomtien, Pattaya or vicinity? :huh:

Like everywhere else in this world they have their pro's and con's, but unfortunately after only 5 months of me living here the con's out-weigh the pro's by far. But then i get bored and pissed off with people and places pretty quickly. The Rudeness of the Russians...the sliminess of the Bar girls..and the absolute utter shit that i listen to coming from babbling old English expats who have lived here for years and know EVERYTHING about 'Thailand' just because they have short-timed all the girls on soi 6 - just does my nut in.

I dream about living up in Isaan, away from all that beach road tourist <deleted>.

Like everywhere else in this world they have their pro's and con's, but unfortunately after only 5 months of me living here the con's out-weigh the pro's by far. But then i get bored and pissed off with people and places pretty quickly. The Rudeness of the Russians...the sliminess of the Bar girls..and the absolute utter shit that i listen to coming from babbling old English expats who have lived here for years and know EVERYTHING about 'Thailand' just because they have short-timed all the girls on soi 6 - just does my nut in.

I dream about living up in Isaan, away from all that beach road tourist <deleted>.

From your Avatar you are a boob man .Stay in Pattaya /Jomtien then as very few big boobed brown dwarfs up in Issarn :D

Just a reminder. There have been hundreds of threads over the years dedicated to or devolving into bashing Pattaya in general (mostly not in the Pattaya forum). I know, there can never be enough for some people, but this thread shouldn't be one of them. It was posted in the Pattaya forum SPECIFICALLY to talk about the pros and cons of living in JOMTIEN.

Edited by Jingthing

From your Avatar you are a boob man .Stay in Pattaya /Jomtien then as very few big boobed brown dwarfs up in Issarn :D

40,000THB can put a rack on an isaan bird.....FWOAR.

Not too sure about that mate, I married one ;)

40,000THB can put a rack on an isaan bird.....FWOAR.

You could put several racks on her for the crack :D

I have lived in Isaan and visited Pattaya, now and again ( :whistling: ). Unable to compare the two as they are worlds apart.

Not too sure about that mate, I married one ;)

:thumbsup:

So, how long do you want to swap residences for and what sort of pile do you have round the back of Theprashit... sorry Thappraya Road?

I have 4 bedrooms in Udon, just outside the Mitrapharp (ring-road) with aircon, UBC and 3BB internet. Also comes with 2 stepdaughters, 1 mum-in-law, a car port, a gazebo, a one-eyed shi-tzu and a wobbly poodle. Oh yes, there's some of father-in-laws more treasured chooks corralled round the back (he stays out on the swamp teaching the pigs to swim). It's 20 minutes tops from the airport and about 15 mins from downtown. There's a street with one decent pub and a dozen piss-poor bars in a cowshed. The local expats don't acknowledge me because at 55, I am just another young whippersnapper who knows farkall 'cept the price of a soapy in Pattaya (how much are they by the way the odd one will ask conspiratorially when one on one). My boy needs to get his head straightened out in a half decent school and way from lao-speak! And I need something with a "happy ending".

So if your pad can match my digs, maybe we can do swap, if just to see what living on the REAL dark side really feels like.

PS. I can confirm that freerange nomyai's have been seen in the mall in Udon.

Edited by NanLaew

So, how long do you want to swap residences for and what sort of pile do you have round the back of Theprashit... sorry Thappraya Road?

I have 4 bedrooms in Udon, just outside the Mitrapharp (ring-road) with aircon, UBC and 3BB internet. Also comes with 2 stepdaughters, 1 mum-in-law, a car port, a gazebo, a one-eyed shi-tzu and a wobbly poodle. Oh yes, there's some of father-in-laws more treasured chooks corralled round the back (he stays out on the swamp teaching the pigs to swim). It's 20 minutes tops from the airport and about 15 mins from downtown. There's a street with one decent pub and a dozen piss-poor bars in a cowshed. The local expats don't acknowledge me because at 55, I am just another young whippersnapper who knows farkall 'cept the price of a soapy in Pattaya (how much are they by the way the odd one will ask conspiratorially when one on one). My boy needs to get his head straightened out in a half decent school and way from lao-speak! And I need something with a "happy ending".

So if your pad can match my digs, maybe we can do swap, if just to see what living on the REAL dark side really feels like.

Well my house is really nice it's only the road outside that spoils it......I would swap any-day without the added extra of course!!

I worked up in Udon for a week and i really like the area...Korat also is lovely, i spent a few months living there. I think just being away from Pattaya would be great again - unfortunately i work in Sattahip so the furthest i can move away ain't that far away.

Sorry to admit but i love the freereange nomyai's...the lao-speak...the cow-shed bars....HAPPY DAYS!!

I have spent hours on Jomtien beach, pollution and litter, Rubbish, its a nice area and plenty of room, the climate alone is well worth being in Pattaya/Jomtien, what we Brits winge about is incredible.

Spending 'hours' on Jomtien beach is hardly giving you the experience of actually living there. The OP is talking about living in Jomtien...not sunbathing for 1 day. :whistling:

Jomtien is 4 kms from Pattaya, give or take a few hundred meters depending on where you prefer to start counting.

They are the same place. Why does it even matter if you live closer to Jomtien or closere to Pattaya?

Same same.

Maybe once you get to Sri Racha or Sattahip will I accept a story of 'not living in Pattaya'. But anywhere in between those places and you live in Pattaya.

I live miles north of satahip, and south of pattaya, in a place we call jomtien, thank you.

What is the collective noun for free range nom yai?

A gobble?

A bwbwbwbw ( shake your head side to side quickly with your lips relaxed while making an bbb sound )?

:huh:

A gawk of t!ts

or

A stare of boobs

or

A suckle of breasts.

Take your pick!

A plethora of paps.

Well my house is really nice it's only the road outside that spoils it......I would swap any-day without the added extra of course!!

I worked up in Udon for a week and i really like the area...Korat also is lovely, i spent a few months living there. I think just being away from Pattaya would be great again - unfortunately i work in Sattahip so the furthest i can move away ain't that far away.

Sorry to admit but i love the freereange nomyai's...the lao-speak...the cow-shed bars....HAPPY DAYS!!

Oh well.... the MiL would move out to the land (and take your husbands chooks with you dammit!!!), we would take old one-eye to Pattaya. The step-daughters would stay... but sis-in-law would be minding them. They are not into boys yet but unfortunately, the boys are already waiting! And the poodle is a wicked guard dog!

You really need to become one of these new fangled "Information Consultants" and do all your work 'online' and keep revenue streams 'overseas'. Then you can set up shop anywhere you like instead of being stuck in shitty old Jomtien.

I am ready to move.... to the dark side!

What is the collective noun for free range nom yai?

A gobble?

A bwbwbwbw ( shake your head side to side quickly with your lips relaxed while making an bbb sound )?

:huh:

A gawk of t!ts

or

A stare of boobs

or

A suckle of breasts.

Take your pick!

A plethora of paps.

An engorgement of mammaries (lactating only)

or

A perk of yams (pubescent)

or

A hang of norks (post partum)