Tropical Fish

uptoyoumyfriend

When heading towards the airport on the Hang Dong road, and only about a kilometer after you leave the mote there is a hump in the road just before a light and about 400 meters BEFORE you reach the overpass where you turn towards the airport. Turn right at that light. I think it's called TH HAi YA road. Only a few shops down on your right are a series of tropical fish shops.

Tropical meaning saltwater?

Last time I was at JJ Market, they had many stores with saltwater aquariums at very reasonable pricing. Much better than I ever saw in the States, where, as a teenager, I maintained one for years - until I added a young lobster and went on vacation for a week......whistling.gif

i got serious about my aquarium when i moved here 18 months ago. Have shopped all over CM, from Hai Ya, to all other places mentioned. There are several shops in different places that supply very good fish, reasonable prices, and excellent service. And they are all owned by the same family - the owners of Shogun Fish in Kamtien. I have angel fish, discus fish and guppies that i purchased from them and the fish are always healthy and disease free. Our turtle recently had problems and we took it back to the store and the kept it for a week and nursed it back to health, for free. Great people.

i got serious about my aquarium when i moved here 18 months ago. Have shopped all over CM, from Hai Ya, to all other places mentioned. There are several shops in different places that supply very good fish, reasonable prices, and excellent service. And they are all owned by the same family - the owners of Shogun Fish in Kamtien. I have angel fish, discus fish and guppies that i purchased from them and the fish are always healthy and disease free. Our turtle recently had problems and we took it back to the store and the kept it for a week and nursed it back to health, for free. Great people.

That's another business here that should go on the list of best businesses in C.M. Shogun Fish in Kamtieng Market is excellent.

Would I be correct in thinking thats the one on the road just to the west of tesco on the inner ring ??

Only ask as I have been in that one for some basics but it didnt seem like a market setting. I left my large tank with a buddy down south but will set up a new one once I have some travelling out of the way.

Can't comment on the quality of the place - I'm no expert, but a tropical fish shop has opened fairly recently in the Hang Dong area. It looks to have quite a wide selection. If coming from the city on the 108, take a right turn into the 121 towards Samoeng and it's on the left about 1/3 the way across to the Canal Road.

thanks everybody -tv aleays comes through-i will recheck shogun and look for the new shop on 121- my best experiences are from the shops next to big c but overall it is good and relatively inexpensive fun.:rolleyes:

btw...if you are talking about the Big C on superhighway 11, the second shop (one in from the corner) is owned by the shogun group and has excellent fish/service. I still like the staff at Kamtien better though

Yeah, they've really got it set up well in the main Khamtieng store now, with an enclosed air-conn'd area for the shop sundry items, foods (when before it was all in together and stifling). Then there's another enclosed bit within there, where they have various tropical fish, corals and even sharks, and just off to the side a little cafe (air-conn'd) where you can have a cuppa while staring into a tank. ;)

This is the tropics. Any fish you might find in any old pond or swamp is a tropical fish.

I just bought two tropical fish, a Nile Tilapia and a Walking Catfish. Though they're not doing much walking anymore after the guy at the market clubbed them on the head.

We also bought tropical vegetables, and a tropical mat to sit on, made from tropical bamboo.

Perhaps you mean 'colorful fish for an interesting aquarium' ? :)

btw...if you are talking about the Big C on superhighway 11, the second shop (one in from the corner) is owned by the shogun group and has excellent fish/service. I still like the staff at Kamtien better though

big c 11 - i agree although i bought most of my fish from the other store there.

shogun at kamtien i might have missed-i went to two stores there but they do not fit the description although one had some interesting stuff

and then there is a store in that jj market with just a few tanks but some pricey items that are good looking though,,,,

This is the tropics. Any fish you might find in any old pond or swamp is a tropical fish.

I think it's quite clear the op means exotic.

This being Thailand / SE Asia, "exotic" could mean a herring, a cod or trout.. Or anything else specifically not indigenous to Thailand or South East Asea.

Thank you for bringing in that other word that's often used to say somehting entirely different from what it means. :thumbsup: You and I are exotic here. And I perhaps more so, because I don't even fit in wth the typical Farlong demographic. ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai