Best Bank To Open A Savings Account?

It may not matter but I'm in Chiang Mai.

It's time to open a savings account.

The amount at any one time will be between 30 and 120k baht. Essentially I need an account for convenience as I'll only be here for a few months each year. I'd rather park my condo rental deposit refund and extra cash in a Thai bank, than exchange it into US$.

I'm looking for a bank that has, in order of preference:

-Branch(s) in Chiang Mai

- Ease of accessing account via the internet.

- Reasonable fees (perhaps an oxymoron?) My accounts in the US have no monthly fee, but it's that type of fee that can really add up. I know that some (all?) banks charge quite a lot for a debit card, but that's a one-time fee, it's the others that scare me. (I don't worry about overdraft fees and I've never had one, so that's not an issue).

- Interest paid on saving

I have a condo rental agreement so have a proper address in CM.

Might anyone suggest which bank(s) are best for this sort of account?

Thanks

Kasikorn is as good as any in my opinion or Bangkok Bank.

Kasikorn has quick set-up for internet banking and sms alert to your mobile if the balance changes.

Also has a "virtual" credit card option if you need to use online.

I have both, Bangkok is efficient but extremely slow for most things(IMHO)

Kasikorn in my experience is both fast and efficient.

I am in Nakhon Sawan, when I came here to open a savings account I had been in touch with Kasikorn on line and they gave me good vibes,until I went into the local branch who could not care less so I went to Bank of Ayudhya, several people spoke English, very helpful and have had not problems, dont know about online. Its important to find English speakers then they will at least communicate with you and tell you what is what, Kasikorn just abandonded me and my thai wife, too much trouble, maybe it was just that branch. I am happy where I am

Edited by nong38