Mango

mystwoodcol

I have read the threads on mango so my question is a new one.

Does anyone know where i can buy naturally dried mango?

It must be free of added sugar,chemicals, preservatives and additives.

Just a straight dried product using the sun or hot air drying process with no chemicals..

I also need a supply of fresh ripe mangoes sweet to processes in my drying facilities.

don't know the size of your operation but sweet mangoes seem to be available for perhaps half the year. I often see them in the markets when I have none. Different varieties perhaps or from different parts of the country.

my wife makes sheets of sun dried mango which we eat all year round.

She boils the mango pulp until it reaches the right consistency and then spreads it on a clean plastic sack and puts it on a roof in the sun. Its ready in a few hours.

We have only one crop of mangoes but freeze the pulp and drys it when needed.

Its quite easy, Anyone should be able to make it, So it depends as I say on how much you need.

I haven't seen it in the shops but I guess it will be expensive. I have seen mango pulp in the freezer section at makro and its silly prices.

As noted above, what quantity are you after, both dried and fresh.? Your location? Do you furnish transport, etc? Payment procedure to supplier/farmer? What price are you offering or are you paying local market price? Period/time frame of delivery you are interested in? These are some of the questions that if answered, you may get a real net work of interest going.

Thanks for the tip I will get those details posted

As noted above, what quantity are you after, both dried and fresh.? Your location? Do you furnish transport, etc? Payment procedure to supplier/farmer? What price are you offering or are you paying local market price? Period/time frame of delivery you are interested in? These are some of the questions that if answered, you may get a real net work of interest going.

I am interested in 50 to 100 kg of dried mango

or

100 to 200 kg of fresh mango

I am located in Chiang Mai

I will arrange pick up from manufactured or farmer.

Payment will be cash on pick up.

I will pay market price and increase quantity in peak season.

Currently I am looking at delivery on a monthly basis but that will increase in frequency as my demand increases.

Is there anyone out there?

Thanks for the reply. No it is not in the shops in Thailand and I am not sure why. It is popular in many western countries and some other Asia areas. I am after not so much pulp but slices of dehydeated mango

don't know the size of your operation but sweet mangoes seem to be available for perhaps half the year. I often see them in the markets when I have none. Different varieties perhaps or from different parts of the country.

She boils the mango pulp until it reaches the right consistency and then spreads it on a clean plastic sack and puts it on a roof in the sun. Its ready in a few hours.

Its quite easy, Anyone should be able to make it, So it depends as I say on how much you need.

I haven't seen it in the shops but I guess it will be expensive. I have seen mango pulp in the freezer section at makro and its silly prices.

As you are in Chiang Mai, you are aware we are a few months from Mango season here. The Mango will start arriving from the south (earlier harvest) and come into the wholesale market on the Ping river. There are large orchard out the Mae-Jo highway and highway 107 going north toward Chang Dao, Fang. Fang area is about 3 to 4 week behind this fresh farm market. Wholesale price of mango shipped in will be somewhat higher than local grown and the decreasing price from initial availability reflects. We ship ripe mango from Chiang Mai to Fang to get higher price there prior to their harves and then bring mango from Fang to Chiang Mai when harvest is in full swing ther.

You can contact me or I can contact you when mango are ripe here as 100 to 200 kg is not that large a order, If your looking for sever ton, then the large orchards are your best bet.

Thanks slapout I wuill be in contact

As you are in Chiang Mai, you are aware we are a few months from Mango season here. The Mango will start arriving from the south (earlier harvest) and come into the wholesale market on the Ping river. There are large orchard out the Mae-Jo highway and highway 107 going north toward Chang Dao, Fang. Fang area is about 3 to 4 week behind this fresh farm market. Wholesale price of mango shipped in will be somewhat higher than local grown and the decreasing price from initial availability reflects. We ship ripe mango from Chiang Mai to Fang to get higher price there prior to their harves and then bring mango from Fang to Chiang Mai when harvest is in full swing ther.

You can contact me or I can contact you when mango are ripe here as 100 to 200 kg is not that large a order, If your looking for sever ton, then the large orchards are your best bet.

Thanks for the reply at the moment your farm is a bit far from me at Chiang Mai as I want to keep transport costs down. But if things change I will let you know . I am after Nam Dok Mai and OK Rong

What type of Mango is it you are after? We have an Orchard (about 3 rai) with 2 different types. 200kg wouldn't be a problem but the orchard is in Chaiyaphum.

• 2 weeks later...

Around Nakhon Sawan in season there are literally millions of mangos, and probably 000s of home drying operations. Virtually none seems to reach the local markets, as I suspect its sold or bartered between families. But with the jasmine industry in flux, maybe there is an opportunity to sell or export?.