Question About Weekly Apartments In Jomtien

californiabeachboy

I am retired and looking for a place to spend a couple of months per year in Thailand, and Jomtien Beach is at the top of my list. I will be coming over there in a few weeks to scout some places (I have driven through in the past). I am looking for a studio apartment with a kitchen/kitchenette that I could rent week to week, within about 500 meters from the beach. I have done an Internet search but really didn't find much, so I thought I would check in here. My questions are:

1. I love to cook but don't want to drive, so I am looking for a place that is near some food markets to buy food, has a pool, and costs about 10,000 baht per week or 30,000 baht per month anytime other than June to August. I prefer a hotel/aparttment rather than a private residence so I can get a sense of the reviews, etc. Any specific suggestions?

2. I plan to walk around while I am there, and try to find some places. Any suggestions as to where I should walk around?

Thanks.

Somewhere near Jomtien Plaza might suit your needs. Lots of empty units in the low season.

It is close to beach, baht bus route, and food market at Soi 7 Mkt. Trip Advisor link here.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293919-d1876117-Reviews-Jomtien_Plaza_Condo-Pattaya.html

You could also try Casa Jomtien, which is right on the beach, but further from the food market.

View Talay Residence 3 and 4 at the top of Soi 5 (Immigration) had some studios at 25k per month, just across the new 2nd road from a local market. 2nd road still not completed in that area though so a bit messy.

Thanks for the responses. Jomtien Beach Residence/Penthouse looks pretty good. I have seen info on the View Talays, but I assume they are all individually owned so it depends on the quality of the landlord. I am a little concerned about giving a big deposit to someone I don't know. I was burned on that once (not in Thailand), so I am reluctant to do that unless I have a good relationship with the owner.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for the responses. Jomtien Beach Residence/Penthouse looks pretty good. I have seen info on the View Talays, but I assume they are all individually owned so it depends on the quality of the landlord. I am a little concerned about giving a big deposit to someone I don't know. I was burned on that once (not in Thailand), so I am reluctant to do that unless I have a good relationship with the owner.

Some of the View Talay Residences are retained by VTR or rented out by them on behalf of individual owners. They actually rent on a daily basis at about 2k/day (or used to when I was living there around 1 year ago) with the reduced rate for monthly rentals. Not sure about deposits as I was living there and arranged a month for my parents to visit and although they weren't asked for one it may have been because VTR already knew me. Nice places though.

Google: Asian Escapes Pattaya - they have many studios and 1 bedrooms at VT5, Thai Bali/Chateau Dale. Well maintained units with prices within your budget.