Tropical Neuclear Cider

DARKSIDEDONK

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that info on the website, I went to the website, found the distributors number, she was very helpful, A Thai lady called Annie her mobile is : she told me she sells it to bars and restaurants mainly, but she delivered a case to my house today and charged me 50 baht a bottle x 24 = 1200 baht, tins always seem to have that tinny and gassy taste to me and of course a lot more expensive than the Thai cider, I am personally from Somerset the heart of cider country and it was quite a surprise to me how good it is, theirs no chemicals or additives in it , guess what i woke up without an hangover blink.gif Thats a 1st considering its 5.5 alcohol content, blink.gif

Hi Darkside, thats great to hear your comments on the cider, Annies my wife and its her distribution business and she will be really pleased to hear the positive feedback

I would like to wish your wife the very best in her new endevour. The Thai market has huge potential,if the price is reasonable. The imported brands are at present way overpriced. IMHP there is nothing more refreshing than a pint of chilled cider on a hot day. I look forward to having a few.

Surprise surprise it turns out that ERRMAAK is the distributor of Natch FACT !

:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

And you are the Phuket distributor of TNC?

Yes , but i beleive neither have i started a post in the Phuket Forum to gain free advertising or made any comments on this topic to my advantage.

I have been a member of Thai Visa for several years with a few posts to my name unlike mr. natch who blatently joined Thai Visa only to make his biased comments known , did he really think people would assume he was " an independent voice " ?

Strange that he made 1 post on his first day and now seems to have vanished into thin air don't you think ?

Thank you very much, thats nice to hear, il buy you a cider when we bump into each other blink.gif

Thanks for that info on the website, I went to the website, found the distributors number, she was very helpful, A Thai lady called Annie her mobile is : she told me she sells it to bars and restaurants mainly, but she delivered a case to my house today and charged me 50 baht a bottle x 24 = 1200 baht, tins always seem to have that tinny and gassy taste to me and of course a lot more expensive than the Thai cider, I am personally from Somerset the heart of cider country and it was quite a surprise to me how good it is, theirs no chemicals or additives in it , guess what i woke up without an hangover blink.gif Thats a 1st considering its 5.5 alcohol content, blink.gif

Hi Darkside, thats great to hear your comments on the cider, Annies my wife and its her distribution business and she will be really pleased to hear the positive feedback

galowgala, its great stuff, i first had it at Oscars on Siam Country Club, then lucky time bar on Numgplabwan

i have had both sweet and dry versions

the dry marginally has the edge for me but both are delicious

congrats to you both for seeing a ready market

i hope you do very well out of it

Hi everyone just an update on TNC the new batch of cider has just came out and the brewery has tweaked the recipe by adding 20% more apple to it, its even better than b4, yummy yummy

Hi everyone just an update on TNC the new batch of cider has just came out and the brewery has tweaked the recipe by adding 20% more apple to it, its even better than b4, yummy yummy

As it is supposed to be 100% apples in the first place, according to the company website, adding more apple would seem impossible, would it not ?

As it is supposed to be 100% apples in the first place, according to the company website, adding more apple would seem impossible, would it not ?

Hi Phil, The only fruit in TNC Cider is apple, adding 20% more apple concentrate gives it more body, I dont think this a problem by improving a new product, That is already selling well with nearly no marketing, this is a alcoholic drink not an apple juice drink, I hope you understand the explanation, I suggest you get it down your gullet and enjoy, You wont be disappointed

• 2 weeks later...

I have just been in the Winchester Club Jomtien this afternoon, with some pals here on a jolly they have the cider there, this is the 1st time me and my friends tried it, very nice and surprised how good it was for saying its made in Thailand.

your a yank right, looks like us brits have got to teach you a bit of culture and class, well youve gave us macdonalds i suppose

Some of the best cider I ever tasted was in Maine at a friend of my uncle's farm.

His family (of Hereford extraction) had been making it since they arrived over 150 years ago and had passed on the recipe and tradition ever since.

They would have 'open' dayson the farm when people from the area would all come with food, beer etc and basically party on. It was a fantastic experience apart from waking up in the back of a police car after they'd found me singing 'Nellie Dean' on top of a haystack with me pants down.

Thankfully they knew where I'd been and what I'd been drinking so let me go after some severe pisstaking.

Will this product be coming to Bangkok anytime soon?

^ Not sure if your reply was for me as your quoted someone else. Anyway, I tried Cider, it tastes awful. Eww! :)

your a yank right, looks like us brits have got to teach you a bit of culture and class, well youve gave us macdonalds i suppose biggrin.gif

No, he's not a yank...European. Cider is not for everybody, but it is refreshing on one of our hot, humid days! :D

your a yank right, looks like us brits have got to teach you a bit of culture and class, well youve gave us macdonalds i suppose

Some of the best cider I ever tasted was in Maine at a friend of my uncle's farm.

His family (of Hereford extraction) had been making it since they arrived over 150 years ago and had passed on the recipe and tradition ever since.

They would have 'open' dayson the farm when people from the area would all come with food, beer etc and basically party on. It was a fantastic experience apart from waking up in the back of a police car after they'd found me singing 'Nellie Dean' on top of a haystack with me pants down.

Thankfully they knew where I'd been and what I'd been drinking so let me go after some severe pisstaking.

Will this product be coming to Bangkok anytime soon?

its in new wave suk soi 7 and soi cowboy Baccara agogo :)

First major delivery into bangkok early next week and shouldn't be long before quite a few places stock it starting around sukhumvit and the over to silom

Edited by craigt3365
Removed reply from inside quote

• 1 month later...

T.N.C. Cider is now all over the south end of Phuket and spreading rapidly thanks to Jimmy at Jimmy's Drift Inn, Rawai. Call him on 089 586 1098 he usually has large stocks of both dry and sweet cider at only 50 Baht a bottle if you buy it by the case.

T.N.C. Cider is now all over the south end of Phuket and spreading rapidly thanks to Jimmy at Jimmy's Drift Inn, Rawai. Call him on 089 586 1098 he usually has large stocks of both dry and sweet cider at only 50 Baht a bottle if you buy it by the case.

Hardly Pattaya related...

As you can see from my avatar I like my tipple, and will be tasting next time I am back in LOS, just like beers all ciders are different so hope more jump on the band wagon and start producing, lets hope this does not end up like beer in LOS basically 3 options!

Edited by Basil B

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love cider, do not drink beer (piss), and have comprimised with the cheap, plentiful, and somewhat tasty SPY flavored wine beverage. A little too sweet for my tastebuds so I'd love to see cheap=local ciders commonplace in the bars and 7-11's.

Is there anyway to get a few cases of this delivered to Hua Hin??

• 8 months later...

OK, I found the DRY TNC cider for sale at Foodmart Jomtien.

It is a pleasant drink and I love the kick but really too SWEET.

I was hoping for a taste experience similar to a BRUT cider from Brittany (this is my previous experience with ciders, and I love it). Such dry ciders would definitely not be as sweet as this Thai cider.

Personally, for that reason alone, sad to say I won't buy much of this product (I would otherwise).

I strongly suggest that TNC produce another choice, what you might call EXTRA DRY and try to copy the experience of a dry Brittany less sweet cider. I'm sure plenty of people will love the current dry sugar cider (and also I think good for Thai tastes) but I also am sure plenty of other people would enjoy a less sweet version.

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing