Brit Travelling To Thailand For 2 Months

Hello,

I thought I had better ask as I know the visa situation tends to change a fair bit. I plan to visit Thailand for 2 months (Feb-March).I am British and travelling form London with EVAair. I am wondering if I should err on the side of caution and get a tourist visa before I leave or would I be ok to get 30 days on entry and then leave to get re-stamped? Not sure if it still works like this or how the visa run situation is. Thanks for any help on this one.

Fred

Without a visa or onward air travel within 30 days you are unlikely to be allowed to board your flight at Heathrow.

A Tourist Visa is currently free and will give you a 60 day stay on arrival which you can extend by a further 30 days at immigration if you wish to stay longer.

Apply at one of the consulates by post rather than at the embassy in London.

Thanks for the quick replies- thought I had best check!

Cheers,

Fred

Forget the Embassy, by post use either Cardiff or Hull consulates. I have personal experience of Cardiff, just call them and a very nice and very helpful Welsh lady will explain all to you, they are also very quick. Never used them but Ive only ever heard good things about Hull as well.

Cheers,

Fred

Forget the Embassy, by post use either Cardiff or Hull consulates. I have personal experience of Cardiff, just call them and a very nice and very helpful Welsh lady will explain all to you, they are also very quick. Never used them but Ive only ever heard good things about Hull as well.

I have used Hull Thail Embasy a few times , every time i have been, they have been very polite and profesional , they are very helpfull too.

Cheers,

Fred

I have used Hull Thail Embasy a few times , every time i have been, they have been very polite and profesional , they are very helpfull too.

I would say the same about the Birmingham Embassy also. Last time I got a visa from them, posted my passport on monday had it back by friday.