Bbb To Cancel Internet Services From 21-01-2011

merijn

I just read that BBB ( Triple B ) is cancelling internet services in Phuket from 21-01-2011.

I believe something to do with leased lines which they lose.

I have 3bb internet in Kathu.

As i'm not in Thailand at the moment there is no way for me to get it confirmed.

Does anybody know if this cancellation is correct.

As 3bb was the only provider for internet in Kathu ( the rest had no spare lines ) I’m really worried that i lose my internet.

So urgent information is appreciated so i can organize alternative internet for my house and business in Patong.

Triple B/Triple T have been aggressively laying in their own lines. All our TT&T phone (voice) lines are not used for data anymore and we now have new lines installed over the last few months by our internet provider.

On 29th December we signed up and paid 3BB for a package which included router, installation, and wiring.

I cannot believe any company would take our business and money if they knew they would be shutting down within three weeks.

Their installation staff were useless, first putting the router in our garage, ;it was too far away to give my computer a signal, then reluctantly coming back and moving the router on the end of a loose wire ,to within range.

They would not fix the wiring, just left it dangling over 20 yards of garden and hallway!

But the internet connection is excellent

We are in Kathu.

I just read that BBB ( Triple B ) is cancelling internet services in Phuket from 21-01-2011.

The good news is 3bb is down so much their customers probably won't notice.

not at my place, and its still not disconnected :)

Also here, no problems at all with 3BB.

I have never had many complaints with Triple B. Seems a good solid service to me, and we have 3 accounts. Sure there have been down times, but not for long.

I have 3BB ( 3mb premier ) and i'm very happy with it.

Most of the time the download speed ( from USA server ) is at least 2.7 MB and most of the time even above 3MB.

And the line alomst never disconnects.

I have also a 3BB in my business in patong which is also working fine.

I just got a call from a friend in Phang Nga. He assures me that 3BB cut him off. No warning. One day it was working, the next day it wasn't. 3BB is going out of business in Phang Nga, apparently.

I have no idea how they can do that, legally, but since it isn't voice, I guess they can.

Now he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. There's a long, long line at TOT for ADSL lines, and heaven only knows what the quality will be like, if they ever get a line to his house. I advised him to try CAT EV-DO and pray.

Spoke to the customer services people in Bangkok and then to the actual office I signed with her in Phuket - Yes they are closing down in Phang Nga / Krabi ... due to lack of customers only and no problem apparently in Phuket. I got the gf to call as was to ensure I wasnt fobbed off and they confirmed no plans of closing down the service here in Phuket

• 3 weeks later...

Got back from offshore and found I had no internet at home.

Went to the 3BB main office and they confirmed that my service had been terminated.

The reason they gave was that my phone line provider is TT&T. They can no longer use TT&Ts infrastructure.

They got me to point out my house on GoogleEarth to see if they could run a line, but, even though I'm in central Chalong, they said I was too far away to the node.

"Maybe in three, or four months" they said.

Have now been forced to use TOT at less than half the price. So far, so good............

Went to the 3BB main office and they confirmed that my service had been terminated.

The reason they gave was that my phone line provider is TT&T. They can no longer use TT&Ts infrastructure.

They got me to point out my house on GoogleEarth to see if they could run a line, but, even though I'm in central Chalong, they said I was too far away to the node.

Have now been forced to use TOT at less than half the price. So far, so good............

SO that's why my internet has been down as of yesterday.mad.gif

Insanity.

Ouch. I have several TT&T lines with 3BB service, and they're up - but it's possible that 3BB installed alternate lines to those locations without telling me.

3BB was down in all of Phuket today, from about 14:00 to 19:00. It's working now - just ran a speed check on this 3BB line, and it's fairly slow but working.

Edited by woodyleonhard

my speed was reduced from ~7100kbps to 5120kbps earlier this week though that is what I am paying for (5mbit premier)

oh well, it was fun while it lasted

and hopefully this tt&t/3bb BS wont affect me as I paid ~1200baht for a new line when I got my 3bb in november. my line was working already but they insisted on putting in the new line because "someone was coming to get the old one back"

There was an article in the Business section on 7/02/2011 in the English language paper we dare not name that addressed this issue under the headline:

Solution sought in 3BB row

and stated that the Telecommunications Consumer Protection Institute (TCI). was looking into the problem

A follow up piece the next day stated that:

An NTC official said yesterday it would this week order both parties to resume the service

Effected TV members are urged to SEARCH for these articles at the web site that we dare not name