Why Is It Hard To Get Job In Bkk

I am looking for work here but finding it hard to get work. I have good reports from School and college. I email vacancies everyday but no reply. I am not ugly so photo dont put them off. CV ok so any ideas where can get work.

DJ -

First - Do you speak, read, and write Thai? If not - ask yourself - how easy is it to find leagl employment in your own home country - in the capital city - if you are a foreigner who does not speak, read, and write the main national language?

Next - The supply of foreigners who want to work here is vastly greater than the number of job openings that are realistically available for non-Thai fluent employees.

Good luck.

Indo-Siam

I am looking for work here but finding it hard to get work. I have good reports from School and college. I email vacancies everyday but no reply. I am not ugly so photo dont put them off. CV ok so any ideas where can get work.

You say you are not ugly, ok let me be the judge of that. Send photo to my E-mail address................. DJM

Remember the iceberg concept only 25% of jobs are advertised (show) so select your field research the possible employers research those employers (names history) ask yourself what can you do for them (look up their KPI.s, their business charter, their goals dont limit what you write down sift it later).

Put a resume/application together start calling arrange interviews/meetings get off your bottom (I use bottom due to your tender age nearer my age get off your arse).

Get the concept of you need them out of your thoughts They Need You - Now go and convince them of that.

You dont say if you are farang or Thai but I find it difficult to believe a farang school leaver is here looking for a job - hence work on your English - practice phone manner, smile get friends farang/thai if possible to put you through some mock interviews the list goes on.

Happy job hunting (remember it is very difficult for a prospective employer to know you are in the job hunting mode unless you tell them - not many have crystal balls for those that have practice your ball cleaning skills)..

Can't quite believe you are serious, but on the off-chance you are; if you have nothing better to include in your cv than "good reports from School and college" you are way too young and inexperienced to be considered for any job in Thailand.

Patrick

To be frank I am probably older then you. Yes I am looking for work here and yes I have a tremendous CV and written by a expert what is me. What I wrote on here was not my cv. But as you just left school you would think that was my cv. Yes I am looking for work here so next time if you have nothing good to say dont bother as not worth your time and mine.

Enlighten us....what do you do and who have you been targeting and what menthods have you used???

Firstly after I left college I was a IT consultant for 5 years then worked at Tesco for 4 years as there manager in there FMC department. Secondly I have been looking at websites everyday for jobs and sending everything they request but no luck and also the BKK post aswell. I have been targeting everybody ringing them sending CV by fax, email and post and no luck. I have proof of qualifications with me from England but still no luck. Any Help would be helpfull.

You say you are not ugly, ok let me be the judge of that. Send photo to my E-mail address................. DJM

Send me your email address then and would or you send me pic of you first let us know. :o

hi mate, you will find that most of the people on here are very unhelpful, and forget that they needed help when they 1st came to thailand. most of them are so up there own backside, its unbelievable.

i find that its best to use the search function, you can sometimes pick handy info up, but the problem is you have to read through all the negative comments, and some times it gets you down..

but keep ya pecker up, and aim high, if you want something bad enough, you will succeed! :o

Edited by lucy1

Enlighten us....what do you do and who have you been targeting and what menthods have you used???

Firstly after I left college I was a IT consultant for 5 years then worked at Tesco for 4 years as there manager in there FMC department. Secondly I have been looking at websites everyday for jobs and sending everything they request but no luck and also the BKK post aswell. I have been targeting everybody ringing them sending CV by fax, email and post and no luck. I have proof of qualifications with me from England but still no luck. Any Help would be helpfull.

Suggestions:

1. Go to school and learn to speak read and write Thai. Do that for 6 months.

2. Start your own business. Proably not IT, as Thailand graduates 28,000 a year in IT.

3. Teach at an international school. :o

Lucy1, as you mentioned in your post on Sunday, you live in the UK

Just saying 'keep ya pecker up' .......eh?...what ?

'Stiff upper lip', 'keep your chin up'.

Its tough here. Really hard. People should confront that reality when making their plans. People here usually either have to take extremely low paid work or live on private income.

Pip Pip.

hi mate, you will find that most of the people on here are very unhelpful, and  forget that they needed help when they 1st came to thailand. most of them are so up there own backside,  its unbelievable.

i find that its best to use the search function, you can sometimes pick handy info up, but the problem is you have to read through all the negative comments, and some times it gets you down..

but keep ya pecker up, and aim high, if you want something bad enough, you will succeed! :o

Cheers for that I know what you are saying. I aim high every time want everything. Starting to think go back England and pay the taxes and get on with it. Thought make new life here but finding it hard to get job. Only so long can keep spending my saveings.

Its tough here. Really hard. People should confront that reality when making their plans. People here usually either have to take extremely low paid work or live on private income.

Pip Pip.

I am from England but been here in BKK now for 3 months been trying to get job all that time.

im not saying it isnt tough, but there nust be something good about it, as so many of you wouldnt be there, just depends what you want out of life..

but you got to give it your best go, and people should only post helpfully, it seems like thailand makes you into a miserable person, who likes to tell the world dont come here, its too hard. :o

im not saying it isnt tough, but there nust be something good about it, as so many of you wouldnt be there,

Yes, there are many good things about Thailand.

Finding a job here is not one of them. Even with good contacts it is hard.

People sometimes have an over-optimistic view of the opportunities. They think, 'I just need one little stroke of luck'....well its possible to live here and get no strokes of luck.

And i'm not being a Mr Grouchy Grumbles, just saying that the grass is not as green when it comes to work matters.

Pip Pip.

Cheers will look for paper do you work down there. Is the pay ok to live on down there?

DJ - 

First - Do you speak, read, and write Thai?  If not - ask yourself - how easy is it to find leagl employment in your own home country - in the capital city - if you are a  foreigner who does not speak, read, and write the main national language?

Next - The supply of foreigners who want to work here is vastly greater than the number of job openings that are realistically available for non-Thai fluent employees. 

Good luck.

Indo-Siam

Such true advice yet sure to be ignored !! :o

Is the pay ok to live on down there?

The pay is not especially good. Even if you can get work doing the same profession that you did in other countries, you might only get 10%-15% of that notional amount.

Of course if you have a full expat package with a multinational then you're laughing.

So people drift into teaching. ....then all of a sudden you start thinking. "That round I just bought equals 3 hours of teaching people about the names of animals found in a zoo"

And if you're the sort who likes a little crumpet....THB1500 baht is a whole days work for 2.5 minutes of humping.

hi mate, you will find that most of the people on here are very unhelpful, and  forget that they needed help when they 1st came to thailand. most of them are so up there own backside,  its unbelievable.

lucy1 be a little realistic please people are not unhelpful but if djgambol job applications are anything like his post no wonder he is not receiving any responses.

Reread the initial post "I am looking for work here but finding it hard to get work. I have good reports from School and college. I email vacancies everyday but no reply. I am not ugly so photo dont put them off. CV ok so any ideas where can get work".

I reiterate my advice "do more research" "do more face to face" It is easier to hit the delete button than to reject an enthusiastic face to face applicant"

lucy1 "if you want work bad enough you will succeed" not if you dont get out there in there face - if you want to sit and send emails happy sitting.

luc1 and djgambol ask yourself "what value do I add" if you can answer this in a positive sense then get out there and sell your value if it is in the negative then do more groundwork dig skills out of your bag of experience that you believe businesses in Thailand need

You cannot apply for interesting positions - expat postings - in Thailand. This is decided in Headquarters overseas. Best bet is go back to where you come from, get a job with a multinational company and work your way to the job in Thailand.

In Thailand you can only get the "local" employments, usually paid a bit better than a Thai salary but most likely far off your expectations.

Alternative: Do as I did, set up your own shop and be ready for a very bumpy road.

Mate , you should work on presentation and vocabulary for starters. Your spelling is rife with errors, you may think I am nit picking, but these things tend to reflect badly upon the applicant.

What line of IT work are you in ?