Gprs On 12call (ais)

LivinLOS

EXCEPT for the phone software updates. I have to use the cable. ??

Any firmware updates from whatever device you always have to do when connected by cable, and preferably with your PC powered through a good UPS.

Phones, bluetooth devices, wireless access points etc. which all can get connected wireless need to be connected wired when updating.

Simple reason, any error, caused by slight interference in the radio signals, resulting in just one single bit received wrong by the to be updated device can render the thing completely useless.

A fault which most often can only get repaired by the maker of the device!

Same when you would have a power cut during the updating, hence the advice using a UPS!

• 4 months later...

Oh

I'm gonna repeat a topic I just posted as it looks like you lot know about this:

"I have heard that there is a new cellphone internet connection that is fast and reliable, unlike the usual one which was slow and reliable, at 500bt/month.

The difference is it uses a dedicated cellphone and costs 3000bt to set up. (All of this secondhand information)

Anyone know anything about this....and is it in CM?........I am trying to help an aged friend with no phone line?"

From what I read above it doesn't look fast at all..........maybe OK for email and occasional use........and CM?

Edited by sleepyjohn