What Way To Go, Tuning 1.5 Yaris Auto.

Kwasaki

First, some of the more popular options:

1. Basic N/A tune - intake, exhaust, throttle body and piggyback (HP in the mid 130's)

2. Turbocharging - offset conrod design (heavily angled at TDC for fuel effeciency/NVH reasons) makes engine weak, so max. safe boost level is ~6 psi (mid 140's). Expensive given modest gains.

3. Engine swap - most popular option is the 1.8L 2ZZ-GE which makes ~190HP N/A or ~220+HP supercharged, and can be tuned to 300+ HP. Requires gearbox swap to 6MT.

There's plenty of performance shops around the country, and most will know the stock 1NZ-FE engine well. Apparently TRD in BKK also do aftermarket tuning work, and engine swaps.

Personally l would go the ZZ383 Chevy crate engine route, 6 litre, 425hp in a small package. :lol:.

RWD in Yaris has been done, but it's massive job with tons of custom fab work to convert it to North-South and RWD. Japan market has a 4WD Yaris which can help with some parts, but the stock 4WD rear diff won't cope.

My personal choice of engine if going V8 would be the Hartley H-1, to keep the overall weight balance of the car. Could even be installed transverse with some imagination and fab work.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Personally l would go the ZZ383 Chevy crate engine route, 6 litre, 425hp in a small package. :lol:.

RWD in Yaris has been done, but it's massive job with tons of custom fab work to convert it to North-South and RWD. Japan market has a 4WD Yaris which can help with some parts, but the stock 4WD rear diff won't cope.

My personal choice of engine if going V8 would be the Hartley H-1, to keep the overall weight balance of the car. Could even be installed transverse with some imagination and fab work.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting. :huh::unsure:

First, some of the more popular options:

1. Basic N/A tune - intake, exhaust, throttle body and piggyback (HP in the mid 130's)

2. Turbocharging - offset conrod design (heavily angled at TDC for fuel effeciency/NVH reasons) makes engine weak, so max. safe boost level is ~6 psi (mid 140's). Expensive given modest gains.

3. Engine swap - most popular option is the 1.8L 2ZZ-GE which makes ~190HP N/A or ~220+HP supercharged, and can be tuned to 300+ HP. Requires gearbox swap to 6MT.

There's plenty of performance shops around the country, and most will know the stock 1NZ-FE engine well. Apparently TRD in BKK also do aftermarket tuning work, and engine swaps.

Many thanks, I think I will go No.3 and get some info from TRD Bangkok and asked a couple of performance shops nearer maybe Phitsanulok.

Regards K

Blasphemy, keep it all toyota with a forged 2jz and garrett GT5541R hairdryer.

Should be a quiet a nippy little around town car with 1200hp on tap.

why not just get a bigger car.say maybe a 4x4 3.0 vigo :( :( :(

OOOOOH, he's just got over that loss :crying: too. :mellow:

Yeah ! well I did try to tell him but I think my messenger did not want him to have a better car than he has.:lol: :lol:

Don't want another car, me'z looking out for Jap m/c 300 km / h plastic bullet as me dad use to call em.:rolleyes:

why not just get a bigger car.say maybe a 4x4 3.0 vigo :( :(

OOOOOH, he's just got over that loss :crying: too. :mellow:

Yeah ! well I did try to tell him but I think my messenger did not want him to have a better car than he has.:lol: :lol:

Don't want another car, me'z looking out for Jap m/c 300 km / h plastic bullet as me dad use to call em.:rolleyes:

Hey Trans when my wife's jelly mold gets it's turbo I be looking for a Vigo V8. :lol::D

post-87530-0-61636800-1295598182_thumb.j

And you will only see a blurr when I get this.B)

post-87530-0-38342300-1295598829_thumb.j

Hey Trans when my wife's jelly mold gets it's turbo I be looking for a Vigo V8. :lol::D

Turbo on 1nz-fe is a waste of time and money IMHO, petrol turbo's only start getting interesting at 1 bar and up, not 6 psi :D

Have you contacted TRD re: engine swap? Last report I heard was that they wanted 180K Baht (changeover) for the 2ZZ-GE + 6MT swap, that was a few years ago now though.

There's nothing you could do to a VIGO 4x4 engine to make it as fast as a supercharged Yaris 2ZZ-GE, other than swap it's engine too :D

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Turbo on 1nz-fe is a waste of time and money IMHO, petrol turbo's only start getting interesting at 1 bar and up, not 6 psi :D

Have you contacted TRD re: engine swap? Last report I heard was that they wanted 180K Baht (changeover) for the 2ZZ-GE + 6MT swap, that was a few years ago now though.

There's nothing you could do to a VIGO 4x4 engine to make it as fast as a supercharged Yaris 2ZZ-GE, other than swap it's engine too :D

Thanks MRO I have kept info on computer file, and I will go for just the 1.8 engine swop at 190bhp but wait for warranty to run out first.

I will probably contact Toyota in Phitsanulok !!!! in Sukhothai they just say you cannot do anything to it. :annoyed:

Edited by Kwasaki

you lot are very sad and need to get a life.

i;m back to the bike forum were i belong.

kawaski you will never get that bike your under the fumb too much

and whats the point when you can not go anywhere on your own........:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

and whats the point when you can not go anywhere on your own........:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

<deleted>, my 2 ton dinosaur street car ran faster than your quick bikes over the quarter mile drag strip. Get a life man or wake up. :rolleyes:

Did the 2 ton dinosaur do it factory or was it modded ?

Modded, long list but start with internally balanced conversion, Bill Miller alloy rods etc.

( Was a little annoyed at Kelboys poke, l must cut down on the Chang ) :D

Time and speed please...:)

Modded, long list but start with internally balanced conversion, Bill Miller alloy rods etc.

11.5 at 121mph on street tyres.

Personally l would go the ZZ383 Chevy crate engine route, 6 litre, 425hp in a small package... :lol:.

...and add a twin turbo :ph34r:

Yeah well !!! a nice thought but I don't want it to take off literally just want something in Thailand that they don't sell as stock. :)

1st point !! Us sad !! No !! disagree we are not sad at all, we like to talk about engine and motors on the motor forum. ' D ' :blink:

2nd point !! And !! yeah the bike forum get a lot nastier in posts than we do here, So Byeeeee. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last point !! I am not going into a personal discussion with you about my life in a public forum, what you know about me and Thailand ain't worth knowing. :wacko: - :lol: :lol:

By "2 ton Dinosaur", are we talking Kg? If so, impressive top speed. :thumbsup:

By "2 ton Dinosaur", are we talking Kg? If so, impressive top speed. :thumbsup:

Even electric windows :D

post-41816-0-89775100-1295682391_thumb.j

Sorry about the big pic. :huh:

How about a motorbike 237mph in 5.96 secs.

And a technological bike the Y2K 320 HP standing start 270mph in 14 sec

And a GSX-R1000 standing start goes 122mph in 5.69 sec on just a stock motor.:lol::lol: :lol:

post-49205-0-85509000-1295685718_thumb.j

9.90 / 133 mph

Nice,

I often wondered what my engine/trans would have run in a lighter race prepared body and slicks. Also as a street/strip/show car the converter stall speed was a bit low and rear end ratio a bit high for strip launch, a compromise. :(:D

Edited by transam

And a GSX-R1000 standing start goes 122mph in 5.69 sec on just a stock motor.:lol::lol: :lol:

Don't want to turn this into bikes vs cars, but...

1st is a drag bike, so about 50% slower than it's 4-wheeled equivelent. 2nd bike is jet powered, so about half as fast as 4-wheel equiv.

The GSX-R1000 does a low 10's at best over the 1/4 mile - about the same straight-line speed as the

, but way slower than the Atom around corners ;)

For a GSX-R1000 to get into the 5's over the 1/4, it'd need ~1000HP which is a bit more than it's standard 190HP, oh a whopping rear tire and much longer wheelbase, hehe :D

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

1st is a drag bike, so about 50% slower than it's 4-wheeled equivelent. 2nd bike is jet powered, so about half as fast as 4-wheel equiv.

The GSX-R1000 does a low 10's at best over the 1/4 mile - about the same straight-line speed as the

For a GSX-R1000 to get into the 5's over the 1/4, it'd need ~1000HP which is a bit more than it's standard 190HP, oh a whopping rear tire and much longer wheelbase, hehe :D

Think the 5 second is over eight mile strip to believe eh. :D

Cars verses Bikes why not there have been so many interesting test over the years and been great to read and watch, eg. R6 verses Lotus on track.

And Yeah !!! I thought those sec figures for the Gixer were a bit low but 0 - 60 mph in 3.17 sec is still impressive as tested GSX-R1000 by English " Bike mag " in April 2006.:)

I suppose there's a lot of mis-leading info on "You Tube".

Edited by Kwasaki