Legal Guardian

Seismic

I have a 12 year old daughter born here in Thailand, I seperated and divorced from her mother when she was 7 years old and then spent 3years obtaining sole legal guardianship of my daughter.

I have since remarried and to all intents and purposes my new wife is my daughters mother. But she cannot sign anything legal for my daughter. I (and my daughter) want to make her a legal guardian,

so she has all legal powers to act for my daughter, (ie she is her stepmother but is also legally her mother). Not sure how to go about this other than to again petition the courts to declare her as legal guardian.

So anyone know a decent lawyer who can accomplish this for us. ????

regards

Not sure if she can get legal guardianship, she probably needs to adopt your daughter. A good lawyer regarding family law is isaanlawyers, I'm sure they cna answer ll your questions.

Do note that there is a difference bewteen legal guardianship and adoption. Basicly guardianship will mean that the legal involvement ends when the child becomes an adult. Adoption means that that famliy ties are established, which goes to thinks like nationality, inheritence, the duty to take care of each other.

Adoption is a long process, in the mean time you can make a will declaring that you want your wife to take care of your child in case something happens to you. This document, together with your daughter agreeing when ask by the court, is normally followed by the court. (Unless it would be against the safty/welbeing of your daughter)