Footballers Are Thick Part 147

StevieH

see it's stories like this that really get on my pecs.

Jermaine Pennant 'forgot he owned Porsche'

Stoke City star Jermaine Pennant simply could not remember owning an expensive Porsche, after leaving it at Zaragoza train station for a staggering five months.

Read more: http://www.metro.co....e#ixzz1BWvG2hKJ

Footballers are already stereotyped as being a bit underwhelming in the brains department and this really isn't going to help their cause one little bit.

As if leaving the car abandoned for nearly half a year wasn't bad enough, Spanish paper Marca reports that when the player's former club, Real Zaragoza, phoned him to let him know, Pennant still had no recollection that the vehicle was his.

Officials from the Spanish club broke into the car, which has a P33NNT number plate, and discovered that the keys were on the seat.

Pennant's previous clubs include Arsenal, Leeds United and Liverpool, who he signed for in 2006. In 2009 he left the Merseysiders on a free transfer to the La Liga side, but made little impact.

He also riled the coach, Jose Aurelio Gay, by turning up late to training on several occasions. Though in light of what's just happened, maybe he simply forgot he was a star footballer.

The 28-year-old right-winger signed a permanent contract for Stoke last December.

Edited by StevieH

Good job he didn't leave it in Bootle overnight....:whistling:

:lol:

why? there are lots of charming young local lads hanging around in bootle who will keep an eye on your car for twenty quid. . .

Probably a good thing he didn't forge it on the street in LP :whistling:

why? there are lots of charming young local lads hanging around in bootle who will keep an eye on your car for twenty quid. . .

bootle is in liverpool james.

actually i could have said that bootle was in manchester and you'd have been none the wiser would you? ;)

actually i could have said that bootle was in manchester and you'd have been none the wiser would you? ;)

must admit, never been to pool, dont want to either :unsure: - bootle does sound like it could be an area there though. Any other cool places to visit? :lol:

I read that in the paper today, did make me chuckle.

Wasn't it him who 'borrowed' cashley's motor then wrapped it round a lamp-post whilst pissed and on a ban for drink driving? Played with a 'Peckham Rolex' round his ankle for a while if I remember correctly.

Seems he's also forgotten that he's a total prick. Still, we can remember that for him :lol:

Wasn't it him who 'borrowed' cashley's motor then wrapped it round a lamp-post whilst pissed and on a ban for drink driving? Played with a 'Peckham Rolex' round his ankle for a while if I remember correctly.

yep, think he was at birmingham when he had to play wearing a tag around his shinpad. think when he was arrested he actually claimed to be ashley cole didn't he?

yep, think he was at birmingham when he had to play wearing a tag around his shinpad. think when he was arrested he actually claimed to be ashley cole didn't he?

yeah I think you're right. Not only writing off your "mate's" flash motor but trying to make out you're him so he gets nicked for drunk driving too! "But it would have been ok Ash, cos it wasn't you it was me"

Dozy fuc_ker.

Sad part about it is that, if he applied himself, he could have been a half-decent player, living every schoolboy's dream. Instead he's just a prick. Shame really.

must admit, never been to pool, dont want to either :unsure: - bootle does sound like it could be an area there though. Any other cool places to visit? :lol:

James you just let me know when you're arriving at Heathrow and I will pay for you travel up to Glasgow on the morning of the next old firm match.....wearing your brand new red jersey.

One of SAF's favourite shirts it is as well....just so ya feel at home like....:whistling::D

There's lots of stuff i've read ove rthe Years about Mr Pennant actually, this however is as shocking as it gets...:D

Wayne Bridge is another, SERIOUSLY thick which before the usual Mushroom's say it, is reflected in his decision to join us, yes yes ..;)

Knotty Ash - home of the Jam Butty Mines and the Broken Biscuit Factory, both owned and operated by the Diddy Men.

Stevie didn't you once say something about Pennant having to play on the Side where the dugout was as he had to be Coached & if he wasn't, he'd be all over the place or something along those lines ??

haha, don't think that was me mate but that sounds about par for him.

on wayne bridge, i knew a lad who worked at southampton when bridge was there and one day he phoned james beattie up to come over and help him get his playstation working because he wanted to play fifa football on it and couldn't understand why it wasn't working. apparently beattie turned up and explained that to play a playstation the CD must be inside the playstation itself and not just purchased and placed nearby. . .

There's lots of stuff i've read ove rthe Years about Mr Pennant actually, this however is as shocking as it gets...:D

Wayne Bridge is another, SERIOUSLY thick which before the usual Mushroom's say it, is reflected in his decision to join us, yes yes ..;)

Youre way too self conscious mate. :o

Stevie didn't you once say something about Pennant having to play on the Side where the dugout was as he had to be Coached & if he wasn't, he'd be all over the place or something along those lines ??

haha, don't think that was me mate but that sounds about par for him.

on wayne bridge, i knew a lad who worked at southampton when bridge was there and one day he phoned james beattie up to come over and help him get his playstation working because he wanted to play fifa football on it and couldn't understand why it wasn't working. apparently beattie turned up and explained that to play a playstation the CD must be inside the playstation itself and not just purchased and placed nearby. . .

Ok well i was defo told by someone who i believed completely that when at Liverpool, Benitez could only play him on the side of the Pitch, in any Game, that he & the Coachin Team were on & they had to assign a Member of the Coachin Team to Coach him specifically ffor the whole time he was on teh Pitch & had to have his own personal Teacher type with regards to Tactics etc as he just simply couldn't work them out or they just wouldn't sink in..

It would have come from the hairless Chiang Maian Mushroom as opposed to the full head of hair Samuian one..;)

It would have come from the hairless Chiang Maian Mushroom as opposed to the full head of hair Samuian one..;)

Full head of hair? Has he bought Paul Daniels barnet then singher? :lol:

Full head of hair? Has he bought Paul Daniels barnet then singher? :lol:

Excuse me but why are you muppets discussing my barnet on the "footballers are thick thread?" :D