Brit Pensioners Take On Thai 'Killer Bride'

webfact

Swillowbee, I agree with much of what you have written except:

30-something Royal Thai Police cops signed in a petition to defend her actions (a clear message is being sent). Come on, who does this sort of stuff in Thailand, unless they are each lined-up to collect a bag of money.

No they didn't, quite the opposite...

The release came despite the fact that a deposition objecting to bail was signed by signed by thirty four Thai policemen, including two colonels, one Major, a Captain, two Lieutenants, 29 Sergeants, and one corporal.

I'm a bit confused though - I initially read that the RTP failed to establish a legal case, and now she's out on bail (so there is a pending case).

What's more, thirty four Thai policemen, including two colonels, one Major, a Captain, two Lieutenants, 29 Sergeants, and one corporal makes thirty six policemen, unless two of them are holding two ranks and have been double counted... honestly, the standard of reporting in this country, and this source is usually one of the better ones!

Which is why I sometimes have problems with my expenses. I apologise.

.The majority of thai/farang marriages are good,a few bad due to the farang,

There was an article last year citing a city in issan that said that over half the courtcases in that year were involved with divorces of Thai wives from their farang husband...

And then another with some Thai civil servant agonizing over the pain of so many hundreds of Farang who were cleaned out by their Thai wives..

Not to say there are not more great Thai women around - my mia noi for example- but if you dont speak Thai it can be hard to figure out which is which.

Swillowbee, I agree with much of what you have written except:

30-something Royal Thai Police cops signed in a petition to defend her actions (a clear message is being sent). Come on, who does this sort of stuff in Thailand, unless they are each lined-up to collect a bag of money.

No they didn't, quite the opposite...

The release came despite the fact that a deposition objecting to bail was signed by signed by thirty four Thai policemen, including two colonels, one Major, a Captain, two Lieutenants, 29 Sergeants, and one corporal.

I'm a bit confused though - I initially read that the RTP failed to establish a legal case, and now she's out on bail (so there is a pending case).

What's more, thirty four Thai policemen, including two colonels, one Major, a Captain, two Lieutenants, 29 Sergeants, and one corporal makes thirty six policemen, unless two of them are holding two ranks and have been double counted... honestly, the standard of reporting in this country, and this source is usually one of the better ones!

... Pi Sek ... thank you for correcting my mis-reading of the article ... (having one of those senior moments, I guess).

... my apoligizes for affronting the reputation of the local Royal Thai Police on this matter.

News of this sort just re-enforces my belief in not getting married. Don't know why some of you bother anyway. :blink:

Don't tar all Thai women with the same brush; some of us are married to decent, non bargirl women who wouldn't even be able entertain the thought of such a twisted scenario. What you perhaps should have said was, 'I don't know why some of you bother marrying disgusting, trashy filth.'

There are other ways to get justice.

Yes there is: the way his wife & associates may have done it. "Dirty cheating, murdering Thais": Lets have them killed and when we are about it, take their money if they have some, it's probably ill-gotten anyway. Keep it up boys! (Doubt most of you can :whistling: )

There are other ways to get justice.

Yes there is: the way his wife & associates may have done it. "Dirty cheating, murdering Thais": Lets have them killed and when we are about it, take their money if they have some, it's probably ill-gotten anyway. Keep it up boys! (Doubt most of you can :whistling: )

I wish the 2 guys luck, but really putting their own lives in danger.

The most likely outcome from these two guys actions will be 2 more unsolvable Farang murders.

The only way to enjoy life in Thailand is to keep your head down and out of the limelight.

I cannot fathom why any guy with enough clues to accumulate a reasonable nest egg, would not have the brains to keep it separate to any Thai union/marriage. There are so many cases similar to this, why dont the guys think with their brains.

I tend to agree with the post above...best step is not get married to start with. Play them at their own game.

Surely most guys now know, in the Thai dictionary "Love" is spelt M O N E Y

The best way to enjoy life is to get out of Thailand move to China. The girls look after you, they have their own money, no need to kill you for yours.

Perhaps elderly Thai men would give them no respect and treat them like servants?

"Slaves" perhaps, very little pay and "stand by" required for 24 hrs. approach on your knees only, never look into their faces unless asked to do so... watery "Gaeng Som pla" as a daily "diet"...

....and of course there are exceptions on both sides, both ways, but this is an exception oin LoS or anywhere, where there is "help" for money and "heart" involved...

^^

No worries. Obviously the first question (is there a pending case?) is more significant than the second one (how many police?).

I hope you can do what you can to clarify.

To my knowledge the original murder charges have not been withdrawn. The police did not present a coherent case hence it was knocked back.( I gather it was referred to the AG's office in Bangkok). They can still do so. I am not sure how much forensic work they did however, sounds like very little. There will also be mobile phone evidence from the wife who was apparently furiously phoning long lost friends at the time of the murder telling them she was at the market.

There is also action to secure the assets on behalf of the daughter in the UK. And to this extent nothing can be withdrawn from an offshore account and a local Thai bank is not releasing his assets for the time being at least. The two lads in HH seem a little happier with the legal situation now...er I think.

Maybe good way to show some of these 'Murdering Gold Diggers' that it is not worth their while to do away with their man, as has been suggested already, the Thai way.

These two men have raise £10K. Almost half a million Baht. That can buy a lot of revenge.

Be honest, if the courts, police and others will not seek justice, why not show these people that there is a willingness to seek retribution the Thai way. Word would get out about it too. Surely that might be seen a prevention and prevention is generally better than cure ;)

i live in hua hin and yes she is still walking round here as brazen as hell, i hope she gets what she deserves,but i very much doubt it,perhaps she will get mugged walking home one night,if anyone knows the way she goes home,you never now it might just happen. R I P my friend ron

Is she cruising the beer bars looking for a new farang man?

Rees and Williams are to be commended, it;s high time someone STOOD UP and put their money where their mouths are, I congratulate both gentlemen, regardless of the legal outcome you 2 gentlemen are at least attempting to right a terrible wrong, you have my heart felt best wishes for success..

here,here! Makes me proud to be English when i here stories like this and if they dont suceed in getting justice at least raymond and raymond's family can see he has 2 terrific friends.

Well done chaps!

I am delighted to see that Thaivisa has dropped its former policy of 'not naming and shaming', by printing the name, age and photograph of this woman, who must surely be assumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

I hope soon to see the names and photos of the Thai CID officers who decided to drop the charges against her. Does any Thaivisa member living in Hua Hin have a camera?

While I have no problem with naming the alleged perpetrator, I note that the original post at Andrew Drummond has removed the names of the two friends, and substituted "Mr. A and Mr. B" in their place based on fears of retribution against the slain man's friends (see the "Explanatory Note" at the end of the post). I would encourage the moderators here to do the same.

Edited by faranginexile

[sNIP]

[sNIP]

Actually, according Drummond's report, the 34 cops who signed the petition - which included some very high ranking officers - did so in order to OPPOSE bail for the wife.

So the question remains, how does the lady get bail under those circumstances?

• 2 weeks later...

This is terrible thing but that kind of thing is expected and it is very often in Thailand. Not with fatal ending like this but if about money and having Thai boyfriend same time with farang husband... i am not surprised at all.

In fact, i am surprised how easy Brits fall in traps in Thailand. Are they blind or think that horrible things can't happen to THEM? What makes them be so blind???

RIP

• 3 years later...