Any Ideas For A Fun Visa Run

First before you say look in Visa Run section, I did.

The real question is witch place actually offers something interesting to do. All I really need to do is a U-turn to for my 90 day requirement on my type B.

If I go to the trouble why not pick a place that I can have a little fun. Not Patpong type of fun, rather to see or do something. It really seems a waist to travel to 6-12 hours to walk across pay some cash for a visa then come home.

I am not apposed to getting on a plan for a CHEAP flight someplace. So any Ideas would be great. have up to 3-4 days to get give this little trip more if needed but need to leave by the 18th.

thanks all,

randy

A great place for me is Angkor Wat/Cambodia.

Travel offices are selling tours incl. round trip flights, hotels etc.

Usually 2 nights, 3 days, somebody pick you up at the airport and walks you for 3 days through.

I am not much into going by bus, but understand there are possibilities to do it from the border or from Pnohm Phen.

Just an idea.

Unfortunately this is high season for travel so most flights are likely booked. The trip to Singapore is always a good deal because of over capacity and there is plenty to do there for a couple of days. Hong Kong the same but a little more expensive.

Guest IT Manager

I did a run to Burma 2 months ago, which I enjoyed. If I had a few days spare, I would go back there, fly in, drop the visa at the embassy/consul in Yangon, get in a Taxi and go for a drive to an enormous Pagoda about 200 Km out of Yangon and have a look. Unfortunately, being old I forget the name but I figured if you drive that far, may as well stay overnight. Also I think someone will know it. Very famous.

There a few things to do in the city itself, but not many, but the countryside offers many possibilities. IMHO the friendliest people I have met in Asia, live in Burma. It really is quite spectacular.

Thanks all,

Fist to Axle, I like that Idea a lot. checking prices and availability in the AM.

Second, Sing is a good idea too plan to go there in Jan or Feb.

3rd Burma, Now that sound fun, I really don't know that much about the place Hmm. I like the Idea of taking a train to Chang Mai then getter to Burma sounds like a cool adventure.

4) HCM that is one of my favorite cites in the world. In fact I was supposed to go there for my Visa run. After all said and done it would have been 9000 air line ticket and Airport tax then They wanted 2500 Baht for a visa. My partner wants to but can this month. So we will plan a real trip and see VN.

Thank all gave some great ideas.