Thai Gf Visit Visa To Uk

Hello All !

I was wondering if someone could give me advice on my Thai GF applying for a visitor visa to UK. She has adequate statements,proof of income, references etc to apply for a UK visa on her own merit. I am able to support her during her trip but I was wondering if, since we are a relatively new couple (6 months) I should involve myself in her application. I know the relationship is young but I am unsure as to whether or not send copies of my statements or passport to support her application , if it is not necessary.

She has applied for a US visa on her own successfully and although I know the UK system is different I was wondering if they consider 6 months to be 'too short' to call ourselves a couple.

We would ultimately like her to come to UK for 2 months so she can meet my family and then go to Paris and Rome for a weekend or two. I understand a Schengen visa will also need to be applied for in the French Embassy.

Does anyone have any advice for me ?

Better she applies on her own merit with or without a covering letter from me ?

If the purpose of her visit is to see you then this is what she needs to put in her application; especially if she will be staying with you or your family. (The application form asks for the purpose of the visit and where the applicant will be staying while in the UK.)

What may seem like a small lie, even one of omission, can easily backfire on you and her in the future. It may even mean that she is considered to have obtained a visa by deception, which could cause her to be banned from visiting the UK for up to 10 years or even settling in the UK in the future. The declaration she will sign includes "The information I have given is complete and true to the best of my knowledge."

If she is financing the trip from her own resources, then there is no need for you to provide details of your finances.

Whoever she will be staying with should provide details of the accommodation to show that it is suitable and that she can stay there; either a mortgage statement or other proof of ownership or a letter from their landlord, whichever is applicable. If she is not staying in property you own or rent then whoever is offering the accommodation should also provide a brief letter of invitation.

I would also include a copy of your passport to show when and how often you have visited her in Thailand.

You should also write a brief sponsor's letter outlining the history of your relationship, the reason for the visit at this time and what, if any, plans you may have for the future together.

This may all seem a bit over the top, but I'd rather provide something they didn't need than have the application fail because I didn't provide something which they did.

Remember that she cannot apply for a Schengen visa in the UK whilst there as a visitor; she will have to apply in Thailand before she leaves. So allow time for both applications to be processed; each embassy will hold onto her passport during the processing so she cannot do both at the same time.

If the applicant has already had a US visa she has already demonstrated that she has returned I presume on time so this should not be an issue for the eco to consider.

• Evidence of employment
  • Assets
  • Savings
  • Evidence of previous travel etc

This should all be included with her application.

Thanks for your reply and your help.

I just wanted to know that if she applies to visit me as her 'boyfriend ' (we have only known each other 6 months and i have visited her once in November 2010) would that be the best way to apply or are we 'too young in our relationship' to apply this way.

Or is it better for her to apply alone ?

As already said, she should complete the application form truthfully and completely. If the reason for her visit is to see you then this is what she should say. From what you have said, I can see no reason why there should be a problem.

If you are concerned about the ECO not believing that the relationship is genuine then provide plenty of evidence of contact; phone bills, email headers etc.

As TVE says, that she has previously received a US visa and, presumably, complied with it's conditions is a major factor in her favour. But attempts to deceive the ECO as to the real purpose of her visit to the UK will, if discovered, be an automatic reason for refusal. If she were to get the visa and an Immigration Officer at her port of entry to the UK then discovers that she used deception in her application she would be refused entry and sent back home on the next available flight.

I don't want to pour cold water on your application, but it exactly mirrors events in my own relationship with my Thai girl-friend. I knew her less than six months and applied for a visitor visa to visit the UK at Christmas 2010. We were turned down because the officer said there wasn't sufficient depth to the relationship and doubted its sincerity. They also stated that her job history was a little ropey and questioned whether she would return to Thailand at the end of her visit and become just another illegal immigrant. Pretty mean attitude by the Visa Agency, but you understand that this has come about because there are morons out there who abuse the system and spoil it for the honest ones. Take the advice already given, provide photos of her and you together, make sure her employment history is water-tight and that she has a job in Thailand to come back to.

Indicate she has strong ties to Thailand, support of family, job, etc. A letter from her employer is always useful, plus statements for a Thai bank account showing regular deposits from her job.

Hope this is useful, and good luck.

pac4155

I just wanted to know that if she applies to visit me as her 'boyfriend ' (we have only known each other 6 months and i have visited her once in November 2010) would that be the best way to apply or are we 'too young in our relationship' to apply this way.

I don't want to pour cold water on your application, but it exactly mirrors events in my own relationship with my Thai girl-friend. I knew her less than six months and applied for a visitor visa to visit the UK at Christmas 2010. We were turned down because the officer said there wasn't sufficient depth to the relationship and doubted its sincerity. They also stated that her job history was a little ropey and questioned whether she would return to Thailand at the end of her visit and become just another illegal immigrant. Pretty mean attitude by the Visa Agency, but you understand that this has come about because there are morons out there who abuse the system and spoil it for the honest ones. Take the advice already given, provide photos of her and you together, make sure her employment history is water-tight and that she has a job in Thailand to come back to.

Indicate she has strong ties to Thailand, support of family, job, etc. A letter from her employer is always useful, plus statements for a Thai bank account showing regular deposits from her job.

Hope this is useful, and good luck.

pac4155

My wife did not have a job , little money in the bank, did not support her family , We got A Holiday visa first time, and then a settlement visa after we married , all done by myself and it was totally honest , So I do not know how it works out how they make there decisions.

They make their decisions on the merits of the application, based upon the information provided to them by the applicant and, if there is one, the sponsor.

Sometimes they do get it wrong, they are human, and people are refused who shouldn't be (and vice versa). Sometimes it is the applicant or sponsor who make the mistake in not supplying sufficient evidence to support the application. Sometimes the applicant simply doesn't qualify for the visa they've applied for.

However, without knowing exactly what a particular refusal notice says it is impossible to comment on whether that refusal was justified or not.

Thank you all again. The 'depth of relationship' issue does sound a little worrying.

My g/f can provide proof of regular employment up until December and letters from both employers . Also statements showing money transferred into her account.

We have photos,emails,phone calls and i have a job , regular income and savings to sponsor her for 6 months.I intend to be 100% honest about the application and although we have known each other a short time I do not know how else to prove the relationship is genuine other than by providing the Dept Of Immigration with what they want.

Please tell me ...did you have the same on your application......how did they word it ? did they advise you of the need for anything further ?

Your girlfriend will also need to convince the ECO of the likelihood she will return to Thailand, or at least leave the UK at the end of the trip. You have mentioned her proof of income and references so I take she is employment, it is a tad unusual for somebody to be allowed a two month holiday so she needs to bare this in mind when providing evidence of her likelihood of returning.