Forum upgrade in progress! ×

TM6 Arrival Card

Mapguy

I was told this afternoon that the TM6 Arrival Card for arrivals by air are once again required after there use was discontinued in (I believe) 2022. Can  anyone confirm this for CNX  or generally for Thailand?

9 minutes ago, Mapguy said:

I was told this afternoon that the TM6 Arrival Card for arrivals by air are once again required after there use was discontinued in (I believe) 2022. Can  anyone confirm this for CNX  or generally for Thailand?

Probably help if you divulge who told you this.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I do not believe the TM6 has been brought back at airports, but yesterday in the newspaper it said that you must have your boarding pass available at the immigration kiosk so it can be checked against your passport

• Like 1

1 hour ago, howerde said:

I do not believe the TM6 has been brought back at airports, but yesterday in the newspaper it said that you must have your boarding pass available at the immigration kiosk so it can be checked against your passport

Actually this is a new rule for security when departing from an airport. Passport or accepted form of ID must correspond to the name on the Boarding card otherwise the person will not be allowed to board.

(But your post is correct in one way, that Airport immigration officers still require your boarding pass when entering).

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, bbko said:

If you're flying in and this is true, you'll be handed one.  If one is not handed out, proceed out the airport doors, problem solved.

Unless the cabin crew don't know (or have run out). Happened to me but not on a Thailand arrival flight. I was waiting for them to give out landing cards as usual but it didn't happen. The crew said nothing, probably hoping to avoid earache.

1 hour ago, howerde said:

They have been asking for boarding passes for 1 or 2 years now. Tm6 are still issued  only if arrival is by land i believe 

40 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Actually this is a new rule for security when departing from an airport. Passport or accepted form of ID must correspond to the name on the Boarding card otherwise the person will not be allowed to board.

(But your post is correct in one way, that Airport immigration officers still require your boarding pass when entering).

Thas been in place for years. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Dan O said:

They have been asking for boarding passes for 1 or 2 years now. Tm6 are still issued  only if arrival is by land i believe 

This was discussed in a thread recently....   Of course, as it could be requested its most definitely sensible to ensure you keep your boarding pass on your possession just in case its required... 

... But, when you say "they have been asking for boarding passes......"....     [they - assuming immigration] - have you been asked to present your boarding pass at the Immigration counter along with your passport upon arrival ?   

I'm in and out regularly.. entering about 8 times a year and have never been asked... I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just curious how frequent this request may be.

• Confused 1

Just now, Dan O said:
43 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This was discussed in a thread recently....   Of course, as it could be requested its most definitely sensible to ensure you keep your boarding pass on your possession just in case its required... 

... But, when you say "they have been asking for boarding passes......"....     [they - assuming immigration] - have you been asked to present your boarding pass at the Immigration counter along with your passport upon arrival ?   

I'm in and out regularly.. entering about 8 times a year and have never been asked... I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just curious how frequent this request may be.

Expand  

Yes I've also have been in and out 3 to 4 times every year and they've been asking for the boarding pass since they stopped the tm6. I haven't entered 1 time in the last 2 to 3  years where the boarding pass was not asked for on arrival 

Wow - its incredible out experiences vary...   All at Suvarnabumi Airport ?

I was asked for my boarding Pass once (but that was arriving in the middle of Covid - it was the person at the MoPH counter who ask so my assumption is that they wanted it to map proximity to any positive cases...   other than that... never.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wow - its incredible out experiences vary...   All at Suvarnabumi Airport ?

I was asked for my boarding Pass once (but that was arriving in the middle of Covid - it was the person at the MoPH counter who ask so my assumption is that they wanted it to map proximity to any positive cases...   other than that... never.

Yep at Svarnabumi every time. The covid angle would make sense if they recorded it but I've never seen them do anything other than match the name on the boarding pass and note the flight number above the stamp. I believe there are even signs on each of the imm booths stating you need to present it

Whatever was/or has been in place previously has been superseded by new rules as of yesterday. Whether its all same same will remain to be seen. This excerpt from a major news source .

TUESDAY, JANUARY 16, 2024

Thailand's Civil Aviation Authority (CAAT) in introducing new criteria for checking boarding passes and identification at all airports in Thailand, effective today (January 16).

The new criteria are designed to improve security and prevent identity theft. Under the new rules, passengers must present a valid passport or other government-issued ID card, and their boarding pass must match the name on their identity card.

3 minutes ago, Keeps said:

I flew London - Bangkok 4 times during 2023 and was asked to present my boarding pass at Suvarnabhumi  on every occasion. I cannot remember a single time when I haven't been asked for it since they did away with the TM6.

It must be the way you are dressed...  

(kidding of course - couldn't resist... it seems every time on this forum someone mentions different treatment another mentions dress code !!)

Your response highlights how important it is that we all hold on to our boarding passes - I'll definitely ensure I'll keep hold of mine, I'll probably be asked for it on my next entry now !! 

7 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Whatever was/or has been in place previously has been superseded by new rules as of yesterday. Whether its all same same will remain to be seen. This excerpt from a major news source .

Thailand's Civil Aviation Authority (CAAT) in introducing new criteria for checking boarding passes and identification at all airports in Thailand, effective today (January 16).

The new criteria are designed to improve security and prevent identity theft. Under the new rules, passengers must present a valid passport or other government-issued ID card, and their boarding pass must match the name on their identity card.

It makes little to no sense for them to state the " new criteria" as if before you could just walk right thru boarding and security internationally without proper id or passport and the same on arrival.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It must be the way you are dressed...  

(kidding of course - couldn't resist... it seems every time on this forum someone mentions different treatment another mentions dress code !!)

Your response highlights how important it is that we all hold on to our boarding passes - I'll definitely ensure I'll keep hold of mine, I'll probably be asked for it on my next entry now !! 

It would be helpful if they announce on the flight as it landed to keep your boarding pass for presentation at Imm. I've been stuck behind people a couple times that were frantically looking for their boarding pass at the Imm window.

Aren't some boarding passes issued on your phone if checking in online? 

So hold everyone up at Immigration while you switch your phone on, or get it out of your bag, as phones are not allowed  there officially. Then get online, find the Pass. 

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Aren't some boarding passes issued on your phone if checking in online? 

So hold everyone up at Immigration while you switch your phone on, or get it out of your bag, as phones are not allowed  there officially. Then get online, find the Pass. 

Oh please keep imagining more and more problems. So much fun to read the stuff you can’t figure out.

3 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Oh please keep imagining more and more problems. So much fun to read the stuff you can’t figure out.

I am not imagining it, it's the truth which I DID figure out. Same happens at check out in Lotus'

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I am not imagining it, it's the truth which I DID figure out. Same happens at check out in Lotus'

Right everybody needs to show their boarding pass to check out at Lotus now.

• Like 1

I would appreciate it if the conversation would stick to the topic.  Has use of the TM6 for aliens on arrival, which I believe suspended for use in mid-2022, now being required at CNX or at any other airport for aliens arriving on international flights -- but especially CNX. Or has any official announcement or news coverage of resumption of use been noted?  Otherwise, I believe that it is correct that Immigration monitoring land or sea arrival may indeed request a report of arrival be completed.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:
2 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Right everybody needs to show their boarding pass to check out at Lotus now.

You really are funny.

You did over egg the response... 

>>>>> aren't 'some' boarding passes on your phone...   which evolved to...

>>>>> So hold everyone up at Immigration.... 

Most people have their phone on an in their pocket by the time they reach immigration - IF a boarding pass is on a phone and people know they have to present it, it takes as long to show it as it does to show the paper pass...

Hardly the colossal inconveniencing delay you are making it out to be with your hyperbolic exaggeration... 

(you can avoid the next step of 'whatifery' about batteries being drained etc - that debate is just being silly).

14 hours ago, couchpotato said:

I just checked up on this new criteria and it's in reference to domestic flights within Thailand.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Mapguy said:

I would appreciate it if the conversation would stick to the topic.  Has use of the TM6 for aliens on arrival, which I believe suspended for use in mid-2022, now being required at CNX or at any other airport for aliens arriving on international flights -- but especially CNX. Or has any official announcement or news coverage of resumption of use been noted?  Otherwise, I believe that it is correct that Immigration monitoring land or sea arrival may indeed request a report of arrival be completed.

Last I heard and saw was they are only issued for land and sea entries and not for international flights

• Like 1