Thai Women Do Not Like Overweight Men?

drronnie

You mean there are farang men in Thailand who are NOT overweight? I've been in Pattaya for 2 days on the beach and around the pubs at night, and I can't recall seeing ANY farang men who weren't fat. Some were grossly fat. I think the female moderators are correct about their assesment of farang men in Thailand. On this trip I've got lots of photographic evidence to back up my visual assessment. Maybe if I spent some time in one of Tony's many Gyms I might have seen a few skinny guys.with muscles... but not many skinny walking around shopping or eating in restaurants..

Apparently the Chinese I guess believe that a husband is supposed to put on a few pounds after he is married to show that his wife is a good cook and takes good care of him or something along those lines. there is some kind of phrase about this but it slips my mind.

I guess nobody knows what I am reaching for here? I'll have to query the Thai who told me this awhile ago.

Men have it pretty good in this world. Even the cutest girls look in the mirror and see all of their flaws. At the end of the day, it's still easier for an overweight man to pull a desirable woman than it is for a overweight girl to pull a desirable man. Longevity is a greater driver for me to be healthy. You keep you car and house clean, why let your physical body become a dump?

Edited by Chunky1

How does this spin grab you ... Ive been told that some Thai women prefer the guy to have a few extra pounds as it takes them off the potential market :D

I've known a few insecure guys who think about their wives this way too. What a way to go through life.....

I knew a Thai woman who didn't like overweight men, therefore since all Thai women think and act exactly the same you are doomed.

Are all Thai women the same? I think hardly. That is why I am asking because if one women thinks that way does not mean that everyone thinks like that. I just want to know if my observations are correct.

How does this spin grab you ... Ive been told that some Thai women prefer the guy to have a few extra pounds as it takes them off the potential market :D

Hmm. sounds interesting

My girlfriend often says she would prefer I was ugly. Unsure if she's being serious or not.

As long as you even have a modest pension, residual income, or are able to scrape on eBay or in a classroom.... someone will take your overweight bald a$$ in. You might have to lower your standards a bit, but at the very least you can find a young and 'fit' bloodsucker to call your own.

:thumbsup:

Aging thin guys who try to convince themselves that they are "handsome" are usually the ones who go on about Thai girls not liking fat guys, but a farang is a farang to most of them.

In my experience here, Thai's are much more accepting of overweight people compared to Western societies. I am a bit skinny and the village folk are always telling my wife to feed me more! And now that I have a bit of a belly, they love it.

Sure, some hottie will probably opt for the younger, slender man...but to many gals here, it's just not that big of a deal....unless excessively overweight. To a certain degree they equate skinny with poor, heavier with having money.

My 2 cents worth.

Yeah I would agree that any type of westerner has a better shot here at a relationship.

But the more attractive you are the better your choices, same all over the world. If physical attraction is not your strong suit than you need to cover the deficit with other things: personality, connections, and or wealth. If your assets are all material though, don't expect much more than a business deal.

You mean there are farang men in Thailand who are NOT overweight? I've been in Pattaya for 2 days on the beach and around the pubs at night, and I can't recall seeing ANY farang men who weren't fat. Some were grossly fat. I think the female moderators are correct about their assesment of farang men in Thailand. On this trip I've got lots of photographic evidence to back up my visual assessment. Maybe if I spent some time in one of Tony's many Gyms I might have seen a few skinny guys.with muscles... but not many skinny walking around shopping or eating in restaurants..

I had a couple of girls in bars ask me why I wasnt fat. Seems they expect all farangs to be lard <deleted> and places like Pattaya prove their point.

I had a couple of girls in bars ask me why I wasnt fat. Seems they expect all farangs to be lard <deleted> and places like Pattaya prove their point.

"Why do married men gain weight while bachelors don't ?

Bachelors go to the refrigerator, see nothing they want, then go to bed.

Married guys go to the bed, see nothing they want, then go to the refrigerator."

No, they generally do not like overwieght men. Slightly chubby may be cute to some, as it is at home sometimes. Thais can be very cruel to fat people, way more of a stigma than at home and much more public mockery.

There is a poem inscribed under our world-famous giant Pattaya sign. "Give us your fat, your bald, your masses of ugly longing for love (short time or long time, up to you)..." or words to that effect.:whistling:

If you think that you are unattractive then shave, get your hair cut, shower, wear a shirt (with long sleeves and a tie would be a bonus), wear long trousers with shoes and socks - absolute knockout bordering on irresistible. When you see a pretty girl do smile at her, which she will reciprocate. Keep walking, do not look back. Curiosity and interest will demand that she takes a second longing look and will then be able to read the placard attached to your shoulder blades which gives her your mobile number. The response will ensure that you stay very fit - but exhausted. :D

Thais can be very cruel to fat people, way more of a stigma than at home and much more public mockery.

Nonsense. They are matter-a-fact about it, but not in any way nasty. :rolleyes:

It is often nasty even if done in a 'joking' manner. Most people don't like daily comments from total strangers about being a fat pig.

There is a poem inscribed under our world-famous giant Pattaya sign. "Give us your fat, your bald, your masses of ugly longing for love (short time or long time, up to you)..." or words to that effect.:whistling:

Yes, that's the inscription on the base of Pattaya's Statue of Flabberty...

pattsy.png

Dont know about Thai ladies but if you are fat preferably with a nice beer gut with the rest of you the normal weight then you will be a huge hit with young Russian goddesses (non hookers) in Pattaya. Especially if your shirtless or wearing a track suit.

If you think that you are unattractive then shave, get your hair cut, shower, wear a shirt (with long sleeves and a tie would be a bonus), wear long trousers with shoes and socks - absolute knockout bordering on irresistible. When you see a pretty girl do smile at her, which she will reciprocate. Keep walking, do not look back. Curiosity and interest will demand that she takes a second longing look and will then be able to read the placard attached to your shoulder blades which gives her your mobile number. The response will ensure that you stay very fit - but exhausted. :D

Spoken like a vigin :lol:

its a mixture of not looking pleasing to the eye, having no money and being smelly and stinky, these this girls have an uncanny sense of smell, i was sitting with my g/f one day , she lifted my arm, sniffed it and asked " why u not shower"? i had showered only an hour beforehand , truth !!! rolleyes.gif lets face it and dont want to sound harsh but if your very overweight in thailand you need to have at least 4 showers every day and make sure you clean everywhere !!

saying that, if you got the money ? ...............wink.gif

When I met my wife here I was over 240 pounds and since then wife tells me what attracted her to me was my size. Since then I have been in hospital due to high blood pressure and on doctor's orders I lost 50 pounds. Now my wife tells me she thought I was more attractive when I was heavy, even though I am still colse to 200 pounds and far from skinny. She supports my weight control program for the health reasons, but I know she prefers me to be overweight. Point here is that it is an individual thing with Thai women as well as anywhere. Some prefer thin and some fat. Just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

Ive been in company of bar girls who had made jokes about guys weight. How many months? Pretty funny what guys delude themselves abt. How cool can you be if ur 10kg overwt? Not very. So why does she like you so much again? Oh yeah your a funny guy and skinny guys cant be funny or nice or have money.