Thai Women Do Not Like Overweight Men?

drronnie

In my experience here, Thai's are much more accepting of overweight people compared to Western societies. I am a bit skinny and the village folk are always telling my wife to feed me more! And now that I have a bit of a belly, they love it.

Sure, some hottie will probably opt for the younger, slender man...but to many gals here, it's just not that big of a deal....unless excessively overweight. To a certain degree they equate skinny with poor, heavier with having money.

My 2 cents worth.

When I thought I was starting to get fat my Thai wife told me not to worry because it made me look rich. So, now we never refer to people as fat ... we simply say they look rich. It is truly amazing how many more rich looking Thais you see now a days too. It seems things have changed a lot just in the last few years.

• Haha 1

In my experience here, Thai's are much more accepting of overweight people compared to Western societies. I am a bit skinny and the village folk are always telling my wife to feed me more! And now that I have a bit of a belly, they love it.

Sure, some hottie will probably opt for the younger, slender man...but to many gals here, it's just not that big of a deal....unless excessively overweight. To a certain degree they equate skinny with poor, heavier with having money.

My 2 cents worth.

When I thought I was starting to get fat my Thai wife told me not to worry because it made me look rich. So, now we never refer to people as fat ... we simply say they look rich. It is truly amazing how many more rich looking Thais you see now a days too. It seems things have changed a lot just in the last few years.

I have heard many non working girls with a job say they don't like fat guys. When they have income themselves they can be more selective about what they like. Many said they loved the muscles and abs on the star of twilight new moon. There are also of course that don't like muscles that much (i have encountered 1).

About there being more fat people now its a dam shame, i feel sorry for the little overweight kids. Being overweight (fat) can lead to many diseases. It is just not healthy and i am not talking about a few kilo's too heavy.

For me its a constant battle to stay in shape and i slip up at times too. Then it cost me a lot of time to get back in good shape. Sports just help you lead a healthier life. The remark of fat people being rich makes me laugh because in general good quality healthy food is more expensive then junk food. That is what you see now in Thailand junk food being abundant.

well i have never had a problem and i am over weight and judging buy the relationships i have seen especially in Pattaya its not been a problem. my wife thai women from rural areas see a fat as a sign of wealth, you got enough money to get fat then you are well. off, take it from me you are not doomed my user name is Nalak, translates to cute. i get called that most of the time no matter where i go. Thais love nalak things.i have lived here 9 years 54 years old and still get hit on on the supermarkets,malls etc buy non working girls. working girls dont care one bit. you most certainly are not doomed fat is ugly only in the western world, all the opinions written are by westerns who see it that way, thais male and female do not have the hang ups we do about it.

as said in a previous post celanleness is way more important

Edited by NALAK

well i have never had a problem and i am over weight and judging buy the relationships i have seen especially in Pattaya its not been a problem. my wife thai women from rural areas see a fat as a sign of wealth, you got enough money to get fat then you are well. off, take it from me you are not doomed my user name is Nalak, translates to cute. i get called that most of the time no matter where i go. Thais love nalak things.i have lived here 9 years 54 years old and still get hit on on the supermarkets,malls etc buy non working girls. working girls dont care one bit. you most certainly are not doomed fat is ugly only in the western world, all the opinions written are by westerns who see it that way, thais male and female do not have the hang ups we do about it.

Of course you are not doomed here your paying for the relation then your never doomed in This country. But if you want an other kind of relationship then its harder. But i agree money is much more important here for most girls then looks. I just don't like to base my relations on that. I prefer girls to like me for my looks and manners not my money. But to each his or her own.

All the romantic men. So sweet and cute.

Fat? Not fat? Who can bother what other people think?

I'm fat because I like to eat and drink.

Who would pass on some great food and drink because they're worried about what some girl thinks.?

As far as I know Narak is not an appropriate word to use to describe adult people.

Animals and objects (and maybe small children) but what do I know.

Who would pass on some great food and drink because they're worried about what some girl thinks.?

I'm with you on this one, who the hell cares what totty thinks!

Edited by pjclark1

If you can support them, they don't care.

A fat foreigner is better than no foreigner!

The problem is I have Thai passport so no foreigner.

How can you have a Thai Passport yet be asking so many naive questions that would normally be reserved for people with little or no experience of Thailand ??

Not me but i pass it up because of what i would think of myself. I workout and diet for myself, girls are a nice extra.

However everyone with money can get a girl in Thailand even if your 300lbs 88 yo guy.

:cheesy:

Fat, thin, old, young, handsome, ugly, there is someone for everyone. Not everyone wants a scrawny waif to snuggle up to and not everyone wants a tub of lard either.

Those who have been here long enough will realise many Thai women get left when they have had a couple of kids or their skinny Thai partners are unfaithful. A lot of these women would be happy for some long term stability, love, affection and care. Not all, granted. I think it is not always about shed loads of money. Though if you do not have enough to help out and feed her and her kids you might not last long.

Fat, thin, old, young, handsome, ugly, there is someone for everyone. Not everyone wants a scrawny waif to snuggle up to and not everyone wants a tub of lard either.

Those who have been here long enough will realise many Thai women get left when they have had a couple of kids or their skinny Thai partners are unfaithful. A lot of these women would be happy for some long term stability, love, affection and care. Not all, granted. I think it is not always about shed loads of money. Though if you do not have enough to help out and feed her and her kids you might not last long.

At the start it's always about the money.

But then they get a taste for a guy who doesn't run around or beat them ..... and then you can't get rid of them.

(just my opinion)

But then they get a taste for a guy who doesn't run around or beat them ..... and then you can't get rid of them.

(just my opinion)

Irrespective of what size you are ?

If you have no money and your overweight then your doomed :D

My gf's cute as anything friend, dates a Thai guys who's her senior, no money 5' 10" and 150 kgs. Go figure.

It's not about how you look when you come out of the gym. That's for gays. Gay guys want you looking sweaty and sweet.

With girls, it how you make them laugh.

Edited by jayjayjayjay

(just my opinion)

Irrespective of what size you are ?

I remember a big, tough biker married to a 5 foot, 7 stone slip of a lass and he was terrified of her. Especially terrified of going to sleep and never waking up again. He did as she told him.

In Thailand I have seen men being beaten about the head and body by their wives using brush handles and sticks. Marching thier partners home in disgrace. Said partners cowering under the onslaught. It did not seem to matter to the little lady how big their man was.

Still, those who think all women want a skinny little man, no problemo :lol:

My gf's cute as anything friend, dates a Thai guys who's her senior, no money 5' 10" and 150 kgs. Go figure.

It's not about how you look when you come out of the gym. That's for gays. Gay guys want you looking sweaty and sweet.

:D

I would say that too if i was 150kgs (and yes i know that is not you). But i'm pretty sure girls like guys with muscles and a six pack more then grossly overweight. (i am not talking real bodybuilder types not many girls like those).

Are you a bit homophobic ? bring up gays or is it the worst you can think off to discredit guys who look good. Are you a bit insecure ? Like i said before you don't have to worry as long as you have money.

I would say that too if i was 150kgs (and yes i know that is not you). But i'm pretty sure girls like guys with muscles and a six pack more then grossly overweight. (i am not talking real bodybuilder types not many girls like those).

Are you a bit homophobic ? bring up gays or is it the worst you can think off to discredit guys who look good. Are you a bit insecure ? Like i said before you don't have to worry as long as you have money.

I didn't see anything homophobic in his remark, it would accurately represent a large number of gay men (so yes, a stereotype but an honest one compared to most!)

I would suggest talking to women (without using any condescending words or attitude) that date big guys (by big I mean Fat) as there are many that will and do. If a porker has good self-esteem and is at all outgoing I am willing to bet he'll pull as well as a gym-bunny that thinks he is hot :)

I didn't see anything homophobic in his remark, it would accurately represent a large number of gay men (so yes, a stereotype but an honest one compared to most!)

I would suggest talking to women (without using any condescending words or attitude) that date big guys (by big I mean Fat) as there are many that will and do. If a porker has good self-esteem and is at all outgoing I am willing to bet he'll pull as well as a gym-bunny that thinks he is hot :)

Im pretty sure your wrong.. just look at all the soaps, advertisements ect. and see what Thais like looks wise. Those guys and girls are what Thais want to be. Movies and soaps are a depiction of what people want. Now you tell me how many of those guys are fat and how many are in shape.

All those great stories about fat guys with high self esteem comparing them with gym bunnies with low self esteem does not really cut it. Or comparing unfaithful guys with faithful fat guys just to mke them out as winners while they are not.

You should make a fair comparison. That does not mean it does not happen that certain woman do date fat guys. But if they can choose between a fat guy and a guy who is in shape (all other things being the same) You loose out most of the time.

Now you ask yourself do you want a fat girlfriend or a slim one. (granted men are more visual orientated then women but still).

Now the gay angle.. you might be right about that here in Thailand because according to some people there are many gays in cali wow (i never seen them because i go there to workout not to look at people). But im not so sure the same goes for foreign guys who work out.

Now i will say it again.. looks is not important here your wallet is. And most guys are pretty comfortable with a relationship like that.

Edited by robblok

I think Thai Girls are not all that different than other girls given their typical size, culture and living in a developing nation. Many are scared of men with big muscles because of their size and the history of men being dominate. I also think many put more emphasis on financial security in terms of thinking about getting old and raising kids. Other than that they are largely the same as all women when choosing a mate. For women in most places looks are not a critical factor with the exception of initial attraction or unless the women is somewhat powerful and financially independent. Even in a bar situation anywhere, I believe a good sense of humor and personality goes much further in terms of getting a girl in bed than body type. But no doubt at least initially their is an attraction to people who healthy looking bodies as we are all (male & female) programmed to want healthy off-spring and somebody who can raise the kids well .... this is why financial security is a real attraction.

I knew a Thai woman who didn't like overweight men, therefore since all Thai women think and act exactly the same you are doomed.

Are all Thai women the same? I think hardly. That is why I am asking because if one women thinks that way does not mean that everyone thinks like that. I just want to know if my observations are correct.

I you get one with the factory default settings then yes. However I believe you can take them to MBK, get them 'unlocked' and tweak some of the settings. Don't forget to get an anti-virus installed as well.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: Well done....

Edited by WarpSpeed

• 12 years later...

i know this is too late but as a thai girl i would say its depends on people
i mean thai women thai girl they are human too
what their type is their business you dont have to do anything with their nationality 

• Like 1