Moving Back To Bangkok

kerm99

Hi,

I was living in Bangkok last year, but my job brought me back to Canada. I now have a chance to go back, but this time around, there is no expats packages. Whne i was there, i was living in luxury as my company was paying for everything. this time around, i will ahve to pay for everything, which is fine with me.

I just need to know waht i can look forward as for as apartement. I want something nice near a BTS, but obvisouly don't want ot pay huge sum of money. Any recommandation (area, price, ...) Also, i have not discuss salary with my possible new employer. To live decently in Bangkok, what kind of range should i be hoping for. I know there is alot of factor into my salary, but i am only looking for a range that would me make comfortable, good apart or condo, able to travel once or twice a year.

Any thought would be appreciate

Cheers,

kerm99

Humbly, I think you are putting your Rolls Royce before your horse.

Personally, I won't negotiate with such criteria with my future employer. Well, on the other hand, I do not have an employer any way. Yup, he was fired many moons ago for sleeping on his watch and his incompetency and unwillingness to match his pecuniary with my qualification, outstanding performance and proven unequaled track career records.... to blow my own trumpet a bit.... :D

How much cash, fame and/or fortune can you generate for your boss, whoever he/she is....?

As a boss to myself.... but a slave to my kids and my better half, that--

How much can you generate for your boss, whoever he/she is....?,

I think should be the only criterian you ought to use to find out just....

What is your worth to him/her?

The ease of life style and location of settlement should really be secondary....

Negotiate with all your strengths and your positive biz impact on your employer.... I think, will substantiate your negotiation much further in your favor.... is my humble opinion....

Wishing you the best....

u say you lived here before...than you should know Bangkok is like Los Angeles, MASSIVE in area and spread out. Where your office or work will be should be the dominant factor in determining best area to live....unless of course you like sitting in traffic 3-4 hours a day getting to and fro the office.

In the spirit of raw data is a good thing, here's my shortlist from a couple of weeks tramping around:

shorts.png

KV Mansion is the place I'm leaving due to construction noise; XXXXX is the place I'm going to - it's not just the fact that it's the cheapest, it's well appointed but cheap because it is far from any BTS and MRT

The electric and water figures under KV are my two year averages which I then used to project the costs for the others using their per unit price.

Be aware some places have a minimum charge for either water or electric or both. '0' under internet means it's included. All but the last 2 are within about half a click from BTS/MRT

Another useful tip is find the area you're interested in on Google Earth and then search for 'Mansion', 'Place' or 'House'.

Anyway just some numbers to play with.

very informative and helpful; comparatively speaking.... :)

this looked like a whole 2 weeks worth of leg-work....

that you save us.... thx :jap:

In the spirit of raw data is a good thing, here's my shortlist from a couple of weeks tramping around:

shorts.png

KV Mansion is the place I'm leaving due to construction noise; XXXXX is the place I'm going to - it's not just the fact that it's the cheapest, it's well appointed but cheap because it is far from any BTS and MRT

The electric and water figures under KV are my two year averages which I then used to project the costs for the others using their per unit price.

Be aware some places have a minimum charge for either water or electric or both. '0' under internet means it's included. All but the last 2 are within about half a click from BTS/MRT

Another useful tip is find the area you're interested in on Google Earth and then search for 'Mansion', 'Place' or 'House'.

Anyway just some numbers to play with.

Try the Nasa Vegas, they have rooms for rent for long terms, also. Dunno the prices, though, but I suppose is under 10k.

CharlieH, 60k is enough to live more then decent, much more. 20k is for the "modest apartment". LOL, man, you have high standards :)

My worry would be that as previously on an expat package which I presume was in the hundreds of thousands a month, that living on less than that would be possible. The OP needs to look at what he spent and saved over that time to gauge how much he can afford for a condo.