Can Anyone Recomend A Good Insurance Company

scubakev

HI all my first years first class insurance has just run out and i am looking at renewing. I was with The Thai Setakij last year and paid about 8,500 for 180,000 cover which was sorted out from the dealer where i got the bike from. I have been in touch with then and they say they no longer do insurance for bi bike and have recommended AR which is 12,891 and only covers 160,000. Have any of come come across any better deal.

Thanks Kev

As we have said in many previous posts, the insurance companies are turning away from bikes due to the high cost of claims. We at Thai Visa Brokers can place bike insurance but it takes time finding a suitable Underwriter.

We are always happy to offer an on-line quote ( HERE ) but do not expect it to be the cheap 'promo' price of the first year where they wanted to draw you in to buy the bike initially.

As we have said in many previous posts, the insurance companies are turning away from bikes due to the high cost of claims. We at Thai Visa Brokers can place bike insurance but it takes time finding a suitable Underwriter.

We are always happy to offer an on-line quote ( HERE ) but do not expect it to be the cheap 'promo' price of the first year where they wanted to draw you in to buy the bike initially.

Quite surprised to hear about the claims cost, as I've been a net contributor for the last 3 years - I've never claimed anything thanks to the 5,000 Baht deductible and very low costs of spare parts. Worst I had was when I thought about replacing the front light on the ER-6n - would have cost 3,500 baht, well under the 5k limit as well.

That said - may I never have to claim anything in the future as well! :)

Just curious:

Is the Thaivisa Insurance just a structured insurance company much like a brokerage company where its independent agents seek out the best insurance deal for whoever from whatever insurance houses that could offer the best premium and coverage, pls?

Or does Thaivisa Insurance underwrite its own insurance, pls?

Respectfully, mkawish

Just curious:

Is the Thaivisa Insurance just a structured insurance company much like a brokerage company where its independent agents seek out the best insurance deal for whoever from whatever insurance houses that could offer the best premium and coverage, pls?

Or does Thaivisa Insurance underwrite its own insurance, pls?

Respectfully, mkawish

Thai Visa Insurance Brokers is totally independent and will always put the customer first - please note we are NOT and insurance company.