Premier League - Villa Keeper Friedel Declared Bankrupt

Boater

Aston Villa goalkeeper Brad Friedel has been declared bankrupt despite being paid over £40,000-a-week – according to a report in the Daily Mirror.

The ruling was made at Macclesfield county court after Friedel's US football academy ran up debts of close to £5 million.

Friedel set up the 28-acre not-for-profit 'Premier Soccer Academy' in his native Ohio back in 2007.

However, sponsors have since dropped out of the project and trainees have baulked at the £20,000-a-year fee for the Academy that aims to train players for European football.

Lender RBS Citizens then took action in the US and court documents showed that last August Friedel and his company owed nearly £5m.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21012011/58/premier-league-villa-keeper-friedel-declared-bankrupt.html

I'm sure he won't go hungry & i'm sure his Kids will get a better education than anyone on this Forum..

That's rich coming from someone who thinks 'Kids' and 'Forum' are proper nouns.

Edited by Deserted

I'm sure he won't go hungry & i'm sure his Kids will get a better education than anyone on this Forum..

Quite the contrary, he did say it would be a better education, possibly including greater comprehension skills?

Quite the contrary, he did say it would be a better education, possibly including greater comprehension skills?

Possibly including an understanding of the point being made also?

Indeed, that's what comprehension means!

The fact that, as you helpfully pointed out, the words 'kids' and 'forum' are not proper nouns, and that the poster in question capitalised them as though they were, would support the assertion that Mr Friedel's children would probably receive a better education than anyone on this forum.

The point being made, I believe, was that his current financial predicament will not result in too much suffering for him and his family, as he continues to be well paid.

The point you were alluding to, I think, was that the posters grammar was incorrect, thereby negating the point whereas, albeit perhaps unintentionally, it supports it.

Why don't you stop being a knob and get back on topic. :)