Olympic Stadium

smokie36

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who SHOULD win = West Ham, undoubtedly & ourely for Geographical reasons if nothing else.

Who will win = Surely West Ham only or no other Club. T*ttingham being in East London would be a shocking thought, horrific, enough to make any West Ham or T*ttingham Supporter continually spit.

T*ttingham are not welcome in East London, never have been & never will be as a rule & i doubt any T*ttingham Supprter would disagree with that..

I don't even understand why your bid for it is even being considered given the fact that you wnat to knock it down & rebuild, it is so wrong for so many reasons.

Friday's d-day has been postponed by the way...

But if you do get it, it will be the worst ever decision regarding Football that i will have ever known.

Out of curiosity, do any of you Pond Life know ANY T*ttingham Supporters who actually WANT to move to East London ??

& sadly, there is someone else to consider that you quite rigthly added to the Poll, the O's..

I like the O's but they absolutely hate West Ham, i still have a soft spot for them though & used to look out at their Floodlights when i lived in a Tower Block in Stratford when i was little, could see them only a mile away out of my fornt room window & used to slip over there if we wasn't playing.

I would say it may be too much for them, whoever gets the Stadium.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympic_games/london_2012/9371221.stm

Interesting to consider the Orient have as much claim as yourselves really singher. Not that we have any at all....we ought to be third in line if even at all.

I've voted for you simply as I don't believe Orient want or indeed from talking to a few of their fans need a stadium of that size.

Will you fill it regularly though?

To be honest, the way both sides have conducted during this saga, they should be made to share the stadium.

Think on the upside, arry will have a place to warm up all 15 midfielders while keeping them in line on the track, while AV will have an excuse for not getting up during the match as the bench is too far from the pitch: win win all around.

To be honest, the way both sides have conducted during this saga, they should be made to share the stadium.

Think on the upside, arry will have a place to warm up all 15 midfielders while keeping them in line on the track, while AV will have an excuse for not getting up during the match as the bench is too far from the pitch: win win all around.

Laying aside the sillyness of your second paragraph....you have glossed over the fact that having spent a fortune building the stadium to host an Olympic Games the committee are considering allowing it to be immediately demolished.

Surely even you can see how crazy this is? :unsure:

This is a no brainer. I would never accept us going to Stratford. I don't particularily like the east end either. Why would i. It smells. We re a NORTH LONDON club. It does sound rather stupid though having the Olympic stadium used by a championship side ;) but better that, anything infact, than Tottenham going there. This would be a total betrayal of our heritage. If Levy and Redknapp think its the right thing to do better they f_uck off now. (i've had just about enough of Harry as i can take now anyway. The crooks finally out of his depth and its really starting to show))

I would like to see the Orient being considered and involved in this fiasco. Surely they could benefit in some way.

T*ttingham are not welcome in East London, never have been & never will be as a rule & i doubt any T*ttingham Supprter would disagree with that..

It was the same when they wanted the Commonwealth Stadium to go to a Football club. Man United immediately dismissed the idea cos it would have meant them moving INTO Manchester :D

It was the same when they wanted the Commonwealth Stadium to go to a Football club. Man United immediately dismissed the idea cos it would have meant them moving INTO Manchester :D

:lol:

:lol: Can someone explain it to James please....:o:D

:lol: Can someone explain it to James please....:o:D

LMAO !

I'm a Tottenham man but its a no brainer really, voted for West Ham. Geographically makes sense.

It would be an absolute farce if we won the bid and then knocked down the stadium, although i hate athletics tracks round a football field, so i can understand the thinking. Get the fans as close to the action as possible, much better atmosphere when they are.

What makes me laugh is that when we won the bid, it was all about the legacy, but the only time athletics will get that sort of crowd is for the Olympics/world champs/European champs, so once in a blue moon.

If only the local council weren't making us jump through hoops to redevelop WHL we wouldn't even be getting involved. Politicians :realangry::bah:

I do feel sorry for the O's though.

Interesting to consider the Orient have as much claim as yourselves really singher. Not that we have any at all....we ought to be third in line if even at all.

I've voted for you simply as I don't believe Orient want or indeed from talking to a few of their fans need a stadium of that size.

Will you fill it regularly though?

Actually, if we're gonna be specific, Orient aren't in Newham, the London Borough where the Stadium will be, West Ham are in Newham though so..........

Would we fill it ??

Who knows, we don't even know if it'd be Manchester United coming for another drubbing, or Burton Allbion...

Out of curiosity, do any of you Pond Life know ANY T*ttingham Supporters who actually WANT to move to East London ??

Of of the forums iv'e been on Singher, i would say it's about 25% in favour, a bit of a surprise it's that high really, perhaps there the ones who live in the Stratford area ;):D.

Looks like staying In Tottenham is completely out of the question now :o, i can't believe that there ain't no available land in the area north of Tottenham whereby the M25 and the A10 intersect, would be great for road links, near the training ground, further away from the gooners,No station though :(.

Naturally being an Iron myself its more than obvious that if the stadium were to go to any team it should be West Ham,although the idea of any football stadium with an athletics track around it makes me cringe.

I for the love of me can only imagine that the Spurs proposal is a joke,and a great one at that,can you imagine a saturday afternoon at 2.00 pm at Stratford station the hoardes of rival fans wanting to meet up for a ruck,seems that the FA would have there work cut out ensuring that both teams never played at home on a staurday,a complete no brainer.

Nearly as funny as Spurs wanting to ground share the Boleyn during the construction of their new stadium.

Naturally being an Iron myself its more than obvious that if the stadium were to go to any team it should be West Ham,although the idea of any football stadium with an athletics track around it makes me cringe.

I for the love of me can only imagine that the Spurs proposal is a joke,and a great one at that,can you imagine a saturday afternoon at 2.00 pm at Stratford station the hoardes of rival fans wanting to meet up for a ruck,seems that the FA would have there work cut out ensuring that both teams never played at home on a staurday,a complete no brainer.

Nearly as funny as Spurs wanting to ground share the Boleyn during the construction of their new stadium.

Think of the positives, if you have a track around it you can play like Stoke ;)

I,can you imagine a saturday afternoon at 2.00 pm at Stratford station the hoardes of rival fans wanting to meet up for a ruck,seems that the FA would have there work cut out ensuring that both teams never played at home on a staurday,a complete no brainer.

:D:D:D

We might have to nickname you Trigger Stone's.

What are you talking about :o have you not heard of computers ;) local rivals in england never have there home games on the same day.

It's a shame your brain ain't as big as your letters :D

Edited by alfieconn

I,can you imagine a saturday afternoon at 2.00 pm at Stratford station the hoardes of rival fans wanting to meet up for a ruck,seems that the FA would have there work cut out ensuring that both teams never played at home on a staurday,a complete no brainer.

:D:D:D

We might have to nickname you Trigger Stone's.

What are you talking about :o have you not heard of computers ;) local rivals in england never have there home games on the same day.

It's a shame your brain ain't as big as your letters :D

You may want to rethink that statement.

Saturday, 7 May 2011Aston Villa v Wigan, 15:00 Bolton v Sunderland, 15:00 Everton v Man City, 15:00 Fulham v Liverpool, 15:00 Man Utd v Chelsea, 15:00 Newcastle v Birmingham, 15:00 Stoke v Arsenal, 15:00 Tottenham v Blackpool, 15:00 West Ham v Blackburn, 15:00 Wolverhampton v West Brom, 15:00

Sunday, 22 May 2011Aston Villa v Liverpool, 16:00 Bolton v Man City, 16:00 Everton v Chelsea, 16:00 Fulham v Arsenal, 16:00 Man Utd v Blackpool, 16:00 Newcastle v West Brom, 16:00 Stoke v Wigan, 16:00 Tottenham v Birmingham, 16:00 West Ham v Sunderland, 16:00 Wolverhampton v Blackburn, 16:00

Edited by stoneyboy

Besides the fact that North and East London are fairly well seperated,and the real Spurs local derby is against the Arse, i have to ask are you really a Spurs fan.

You've lost me there Trigg 40.gif

Its not unusual to have 3 London clubs all play at home on the same day,more infact given the lower league teams,your initial post stated that this does infact not happen which i have proved incorrect in my former post,i was merely showing in my initial post that if Spurs were to move to The Olympic stadium (which incidently will never happen) a big problem would arise for the FA and police alike,cant chat to much longer i have to take care of my broom,its had 17 new heads and 15 new handles you know.

Besides the fact that North and East London are fairly well seperated,and the real Spurs local derby is against the Arse, i have to ask are you really a Spurs fan.

You've lost me there Trigg 40.gif

Its not unusual to have 3 London clubs all play at home on the same day,more infact given the lower league teams,your initial post stated that this does infact not happen which i have proved incorrect in my former post,i was merely showing in my initial post that if Spurs were to move to The Olympic stadium (which incidently will never happen) a big problem would arise for the FA and police alike,cant chat to much longer i have to take care of my broom,its had 17 new heads and 15 new handles you know.

102.gif102.gif102.gif

Please someone explain to Trigg :D

Don't get sucked into Alf's mind Game Stoney..

In the short time you've been on here it's clear that you have more sense than many of the other Mushroom's that contribute, undoubtedly & Alf is just singling you out & testing you cos you're new, that's all..

Stick with Uncle Singh & you'll be fine..;)

Up the Sp*rs & their main contributors on here..

post-55211-0-11429000-1295956448_thumb.j

Looks like staying In Tottenham is completely out of the question now :o, i can't believe that there ain't no available land in the area north of Tottenham whereby the M25 and the A10 intersect, would be great for road links, near the training ground, further away from the gooners,No station though :(.

That's what i thought, there must be somewhere with a Liverpool Street link out there in Herts borders ??

25% is incredibly high too..

Our Polls ( lots of different Polls ) used to be around teh same figure, yet since your lot became interested the " Pro OS " % have become much bigger..

Anyone with a skeptical mind would wonder if Gullivan & Cruella had a bit of Lunch with Daniel & suggested a Spud interest in the OS could be beneficial in getting more onside for our bid while in turn showing Brent Council that your lot will take the Club & it's money elsewhere if they don't start playing ball with your own Stadium ideas ??

A win win situation for both of us..

Stranger things have happened, i'm sure..

That's what i thought, there must be somewhere with a Liverpool Street link out there in Herts borders ??

Our Polls ( lots of different Polls ) used to be around teh same figure, yet since your lot became interested the " Pro OS " % have become much bigger..

Anyone with a skeptical mind would wonder if Gullivan & Cruella had a bit of Lunch with Daniel & suggested a Spud interest in the OS could be beneficial in getting more onside for our bid while in turn showing Brent Council that your lot will take the Club & it's money elsewhere if they don't start playing ball with your own Stadium ideas ??

All jokes aside Singher, i still can't get my head round the idea of moving there :( and the possibility still hasn't really sunk in yet, even 20 miles north from WHL would be more acceptable than 6 miles east, although probaly less commercially viable.

All jokes aside Singher, i still can't get my head round the idea of moving there :( and the possibility still hasn't really sunk in yet, even 20 miles north from WHL would be more acceptable than 6 miles east, although probaly less commercially viable.

As i said last night, it would be one of the worst decisions regarding Football & not only Football in fact, but about heritage, tradition & who we both are as Club's, Fans & people, that for me personally it may be enough for me to turn my back completely on the Game in the UK certainly & i could never see " home " in the same light again, i honestly couldn't..

& that honestly isn't me being a bit over the top, i feel that strongly about..