Olympic Stadium

smokie36

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like staying In Tottenham is completely out of the question now :o, i can't believe that there ain't no available land in the area north of Tottenham whereby the M25 and the A10 intersect, would be great for road links, near the training ground, further away from the gooners,No station though :(.

That's what i thought, there must be somewhere with a Liverpool Street link out there in Herts borders ??

25% is incredibly high too..

Our Polls ( lots of different Polls ) used to be around teh same figure, yet since your lot became interested the " Pro OS " % have become much bigger..

Anyone with a skeptical mind would wonder if Gullivan & Cruella had a bit of Lunch with Daniel & suggested a Spud interest in the OS could be beneficial in getting more onside for our bid while in turn showing Brent Council that your lot will take the Club & it's money elsewhere if they don't start playing ball with your own Stadium ideas ??

A win win situation for both of us..

Stranger things have happened, i'm sure..

This is interesting and surprising

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spurs-Say-YES-To-Stratford/155592861152742

Looks like staying In Tottenham is completely out of the question now :o, i can't believe that there ain't no available land in the area north of Tottenham whereby the M25 and the A10 intersect, would be great for road links, near the training ground, further away from the gooners,No station though :(.

That's what i thought, there must be somewhere with a Liverpool Street link out there in Herts borders ??

Our Polls ( lots of different Polls ) used to be around teh same figure, yet since your lot became interested the " Pro OS " % have become much bigger..

Anyone with a skeptical mind would wonder if Gullivan & Cruella had a bit of Lunch with Daniel & suggested a Spud interest in the OS could be beneficial in getting more onside for our bid while in turn showing Brent Council that your lot will take the Club & it's money elsewhere if they don't start playing ball with your own Stadium ideas ??

http://www.facebook....155592861152742

I looked at the link the other day and felt physically sick. I'm left hoping the scammers win every game now in case the decision is swayed by their premiership status.

A sorry state of affairs. :o:(

http://www.facebook....155592861152742

It has a grand total of 237 people that " like " it..

Levy stamps feet

Filed: Friday, 4th February 2011

By: Staff Writer

Tottenham chairman Danie Levy has insinuated that he is prepared to take legal action should his club lose out to West Ham in the battle for the Olympic Stadium.

Levy - whose club only entered the bidding as the eleventh hour having become disparaged by the progress made with Haringay Council over a redeveloped White Hart Lane - appears to be fighting a losing battle with West Ham's bid favoured by most politicians, sportsmen and the relevant authorities.

However he maintained that should West Ham win, he is prepared to challenge the decision-making process in the courts.

"The process has been fine, but I only hope that the decision will be based on sound financial criteria and not by political forces," he told the Telegraph. "It is no different to a shopping centre; if you don’t get the right anchor tenant to start with, it is destined to fail. If you get the right business model, the legacy can thrive.

"I guarantee you that if you have a stadium which is athletics and soccer together and, as a consequence it will not be full, it will affect economic viability and end up being a white elephant. It is only a matter of time. You only have to look at experience across Europe. It does not work.

"Why do people go and watch a live football match? You go because of atmosphere. The minute you lose that people don’t come."

The decision to name the preferred bidder was postponed last week, possibly until the end of March. However it is now thought that a decision could be announced as early as next week.

See this from 2007

London 2012 officials have hailed the design for their £496m Olympic Stadium following its unveiling.

"No-one can say we've compromised on design, on sustainability or on the legacy potential," said Olympics Minister Tessa Jowell MP.

Work on the 80,000-seater stadium will begin ahead of schedule in April 2008. Once the Olympics are over, it will be turned into a 25-000-seater community venue and could also become home to a lower-league football or rugby club.

How did they know that the scammers were going to move in back then ;):D

Edited by alfieconn

See this from 2007

London 2012 officials have hailed the design for their £496m Olympic Stadium following its unveiling.

"No-one can say we've compromised on design, on sustainability or on the legacy potential," said Olympics Minister Tessa Jowell MP.

Work on the 80,000-seater stadium will begin ahead of schedule in April 2008. Once the Olympics are over, it will be turned into a 25-000-seater community venue and could also become home to a lower-league football or rugby club.

Looks like they knew the scammers were going to move in back then ;):D

Hilarious, great to see that you Spurts never seem to lose that sense of humour you're renowned for...

See this from 2007

Hilarious, great to see that you Spurts never seem to lose that sense of humour you're renowned for...

See this from 2007

My source at Upton Park :D assures me its a done deal. Happy days all round!

And no Singhy my source aint based on a bar stool at the Boleyn.....:whistling:

See this from 2007

My source at Upton Park :D assures me its a done deal. Happy days all round!

And no Singhy my source aint based on a bar stool at the Boleyn.....:whistling:

Announcement to be made in 36 hours supposedly..

Honestly, don't think i give a <deleted> one way or the other..

I would kind of find it funny if you's got it as it would cause ructions, but then i'd hate the thoguht of you's in East London..

We haven't got any say in it anyway so i really don't know why i even think about it..

It still leaves us with no new stadium. To be honest it should be our No1 priority. Forget £35m players and CL we should be concentrating our efforts on getting a new stadium build in Tottenham. Fill it with 60000 every week and then think about winning the league. ;)

It still leaves us with no new stadium. To be honest it should be our No1 priority. Forget £35m players and CL we should be concentrating our efforts on getting a new stadium build in Tottenham. Fill it with 60000 every week and then think about winning the league. ;)

What do you mean " forget 35m Players " ??

You were never thinkign about 35m fcukign Players, you wanted to sign Phil Neville in this Transfer last window !! :D

You were never thinkign about 35m fcukign Players, you wanted to sign Phil Neville in this Transfer last window !! :D

Ahh I meant £10m players who are way way overpriced....:whistling: The rest is all true....would I lie to you? :D

No its just my self delusion.....honestly.

Well at least I'm following the Red Sox blueprint with interest....sent off an email to Danny boy this morning...aye we'll just buy more midfielders....apparently they do more running around than the rest....according to my Harvard sources of course. ;)

Ahh I meant £10m players who are way way overpriced....:whistling: The rest is all true....would I lie to you? :D

Well at least I'm following the Red Sox blueprint with interest....sent off an email to Danny boy this morning...aye we'll just buy more midfielders....apparently they do more running around than the rest....according to my Harvard sources of course. ;)

You can stick your Harvard Sources up your Sabermetrics Smokie..

If only anyone knew what the fuc_k this meant......I'd ask our nearly American member if he weren't a halfwit of course.....:o

If only anyone knew what the fuc_k this meant......I'd ask our nearly American member if he weren't a halfwit of course.....:o

Just ask them in teh Liverpool Thread Smokes, all of a sudden Scousers ( not that they are Scouse mind you ) seem to have an IQ of even being able to spell words like Sabermetrics correctly & so should be able to tell you in a flash what it means, even without Googling it..

Bwah

Filed: Tuesday, 8th February 2011

By: Staff Writer

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has hit back after Karren Brady called Tottenham's plans for the Olympic Stadium a 'corporate crime'.

Levy, replying to Brady's comments tonight called her comments 'hugely inaccurate and highly irresponsible' on the night Spurs revealed the first artistic impression of their proposed new stadium on the Olympic site.

And he also revealed that his club's plans for the Olympic Stadium would involve retaining around 60 per cent of the existing structure, thereby refuting claims that the £500million stadium would be completely torn down after the 2012 Olympic Games.

I want to be very clear on this issue," said Levy. "Our proposal will retain around £420million-worth of the Olympic Stadium, and we will re-use or recycle the £80 million that will be dismantled with zero landfill.

"It is also important to remember that two thirds of the Olympic Stadium, under the original legacy plan, was to be dismantled - it was not designed to be a permanent structure. Recent scaremongering conveniently forgets this fact."

post-55211-0-04324500-1297149345_thumb.j

This is starting to get quite scary. Its now a very distinct possibility we will be moving to Stratford. The Northumberland Park Project is pretty much dead and buried. I wish Levy would negotiate in the transfer market with this level of intensity.

Well, heres to 38 away games next season

This is starting to get quite scary. Its now a very distinct possibility we will be moving to Stratford. The Northumberland Park Project is pretty much dead and buried. I wish Levy would negotiate in the transfer market with this level of intensity.

Olympics 2012....rebuild the stadium afterwards...etc....anyway it won't happen....

Olympics 2012....rebuild the stadium afterwards...etc....anyway it won't happen....

I know i know. when i wrote next season i was on the verge of a mini breakdown at thought of having to play our home games in the land of jellied eels

West Ham have won the backing of Olympic bosses in the battle for the 2012 stadium, BBC London has learned.

Olympic Park Legacy Company executives have decided the offer from the club - which would retain the athletics track - is better than Tottenham's rival bid.

The OPLC board will be asked to support the view and announce the Hammers as preferred bidder on Friday.

The government and London's mayor will take a final decision but are expected to back the OPLC's recommendation.

It would be a surprise if ministers and the mayor, Boris Johnson, overturn OPLC executives, who have spent the last few months discussing the various plans with both clubs in detail, when they reveal their decision in the coming weeks.

West Ham are happy for the athletics track to be kept in the stadium and for the venue to be used for a variety of sports and concerts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12412739

East London is ours, East London is ours, stay in your North London Slums, East London is ours..

From Glory Glory..:D

"Don't think its about getting the decision overturned, moreso the damages we can claim from having a far superior bid and them making decisions away from the pre set criteria."

Its the correct decision...whatever Daniel Levy seems to think. If the place goes bust or to rack and ruin then the East End will have something else to moan about....and we can sit in our stadium old or new and laugh about it.

Its a lucky escape and maybe the beginning of the end for Levy as chairman.....as he seems devoid of ideas on taking our club in the right direction.

No other viable plan whatsoever I believe he said. Well its no1 priority and should have been since the day he took ove the club so what the <deleted> has he been doing cos he aint been out looking for new players has he? No only old and over the hill ones. Its a bad joke.

Arsole Wenger cracks his first ever joke :o not much of one but better than nothing i suppose :(:D

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger responds to news that West Ham have won the bid for the 2012 Olympic Stadium by suggesting that they will need to employ fast ballboys to quickly recover footballs that fly on to the running track.

Arsole Wenger cracks his first ever joke :o not much of one but better than nothing i suppose :(:D

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger responds to news that West Ham have won the bid for the 2012 Olympic Stadium by suggesting that they will need to employ fast ballboys to quickly recover footballs that fly on to the running track.

Is Wilshere going out on loan then? :D

I havent really followed this thread with enormous interest but what has happened is rather predictable.

West Ham have proposed the most political solution which is the least economically viable.

Spurs have proposed the most economically viable which is the least political acceptable.

Because the who concept of the Olympics stadium is based on politics and 'macro' rather than 'micro' economic decisions then West Ham were bound to win. The correct decision for Spurs was to propose taking over the stadium with the track and then remove the track after the Olympics when nobody gives a toss citing bird flu and safety considerations. In any case if you look at the value chain in football you will realize that you need a 'big' stadium to be a 'big' team but that the cost of a ticket to a match will in fact be about 10 quid in 20 years time.

I havent really followed this thread with enormous interest but what has happened is rather predictable.

West Ham have proposed the most political solution which is the least economically viable.

Spurs have proposed the most economically viable which is the least political acceptable.

Because the who concept of the Olympics stadium is based on politics and 'macro' rather than 'micro' economic decisions then West Ham were bound to win. The correct decision for Spurs was to propose taking over the stadium with the track and then remove the track after the Olympics when nobody gives a toss citing bird flu and safety considerations. In any case if you look at the value chain in football you will realize that you need a 'big' stadium to be a 'big' team but that the cost of a ticket to a match will in fact be about 10 quid in 20 years time.

Thanks for your imput, did you get those conclusions of yours out of a Book or in the Educational system of Croxteth Schools ??

• 2 weeks later...

Boris & the Goverment say yes..

Unlucky Mr Levy & unlucky T*ttengham, i guess the better & best decision was made..:)

====

West Ham's move to the Olympic Stadium is now a certainty after the switch was ratified this morning.

Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, and the Government this morning gave West Ham the green light to move to the stadium post-2012 games - just three weeks after the OPLC (Olympic Park Legacy Committee) bestowed preferred-bidder status upon the club.

Speaking in a brief statement, Johnson said: "We are confident West Ham United FC will provide a secure future for the Olympic stadium - a fantastic multi-use venue at the heart of the community."

Meanwhile Local Government minister Bob Neill added: This completes the first stage of this process and means that the Olympic Park Legacy Company are now able to enter into negotiations to agree a leasefor the Olympic Stadium site.

"We are delighted with the progress that has been made and very pleased we have reached this very significant milestone in determining the long-term legacy for the Olympic Park following the Games."