Third-Sex Thai Hostesses Ready For Takeoff

webfact

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not trying to ruffle any feathers here but how would I go about get there attention on a flight? On normal flights I know there are gay and lesbian attendants and that is fine. I still address the males Sir and the females Miss. Easy Male and Female. How do I get the attention of a 3rd sex asit is niether male nor female. Do I just say hey you or continue to call them Sir.

I only hope Pattaya ladyboys do not hear of the news! Or i am afraid passengers will be harassed in the air just as much as on the ground.

i also hope the airline is prepared to lose some customers, there is a large number of people who do not accept so called third sex.

but a lot of people do accept the 'third sex' as does Buddhist ideaology which specifies a classification of 4 sexes

Edited by yumidesign

Airline Recruits Transexuals as Flight Attendants

P.C. Airline has surprised the Kingdom by being the first in Thailand to have a policy to recruit transvestites as flight attendants.

P.C. Airline yesterday hosted a recruitment session at the Esplanade shopping complex to look for both female and transexual air hostesses for the very first time in the Kingdom.

The firm's executive Peter Chan commented, saying this policy truly offers equal rights to all sexes and that the qualifications of homosexual people are second to none.

He added that he wanted the general public to give up sexual discrimination.

However, only three transvestite candidates will be hired and each of them must undergo sex-change surgery if they haven't already.

One of those who made it was Film Thanyarat Chirapatpakorn, the winner from Miss Tiffany Universe contest in 2007.

She said she was really proud to have achieved her dream, adding that she has failed to be hired in her dream job for so long, as she is homosexual.

On the application form for transexual people, under gender, there was a box for 'unisex'.

Chairman of the Association of Rainbow Sky of Thailand, a transexual group, Kittinan Thamthat stated this was a new horizon for transexual people, adding that the recruitment process was acceptable as it truly applied equal standards to all.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-01-25

footer_n.gif

Not trying to ruffle any feathers here but how would I go about get there attention on a flight? On normal flights I know there are gay and lesbian attendants and that is fine. I still address the males Sir and the females Miss. Easy Male and Female. How do I get the attention of a 3rd sex asit is niether male nor female. Do I just say hey you or continue to call them Sir.

you address flight attendants 'sir or miss' wow.

Ha ha softgorge. What to call them? Best keep it polite; I’ve seen a few macho farang get there asses kicked for trying to take the piss. How about saying excuse me, to draw their attention?

Then I suggest you take your PC attitudes and go back to the West.

Why? Why do I have any less right to be here than you? Because I'm too tolerant? Huh. Odd. Especially as the Thais are -- in this instance -- equally tolerant and its their country, not yours. And since I've gotten along well here for decades, being tolerant of difference, it seems there's no need for me leave now because I remain tolerant (and unafraid of people whose life choices/needs I frankly can't even begin to understand).

And it has eff-all to do with "PC" -- I was raised to be tolerant and unafraid of differences long before there was such a thing as "PC". It's called being a fair and ethical person -- regardless of what's "politically correct". (But "PC" is the pejorative codeword bigots always use when they want to object to someone whose not a bigot -- it's meaningless rhetoric but it succeeds for some people in diminsihing the other person's position: 'Oh, you're just being politically correct' (the implication being that it's not a genuine principle based on ideas of right and wrong and one that many people also hold and have held for generations).

"............ and that the qualifications of homosexual people are second to none."

Right. And what exactly are the qualification required for a cabin attendant - being able to walk and chew gum at the same time without inserting it in the wrong end of the intestinal tract? Come to think of it................best left alone!

And seeming he's so bloody PC, were any one of the successful candidates bush-pig ugly?

A while back I wrote a number of text books on hotel and restaurant administration for a lady boy who owned a chain of vocational schools. One of her/his most successful branches was the one that trained airline employees. Her/his younger brother was the director of customer service for one of the largest airlines in the world. Brother only dressed when he was off work.

Younger brother was a big wheel and based in another country. He spoke 6 languages fluently and mom and pop had matching Mercedes.

I only mention this to point out that in Thailand lady boys are a part of the business management landscape already and flying lady boys would not be a major departure from the status quo.

Sure I understand lady boys in Pattaya can be a pain in the A** for some but there are also lady boys all over Thailand who have successfully integrated within the business community.

A while back I wrote a number of text books on hotel and restaurant administration for a lady boy who owned a chain of vocational schools. One of her/his most successful branches was the one that trained airline employees. Her/his younger brother was the director of customer service for one of the largest airlines in the world. Brother only dressed when he was off work.

Younger brother was a big wheel and based in another country. He spoke 6 languages fluently and mom and pop had matching Mercedes.

I only mention this to point out that in Thailand lady boys are a part of the business management landscape already and flying lady boys would not be a major departure from the status quo.

Sure I understand lady boys in Pattaya can be a pain in the A** for some but there are also lady boys all over Thailand who have successfully integrated within the business community.

Do not get mixed up between men dressing up as women and men having surgery's to appear as womenwink.gif

I believe what they are really doing is an advertisement to say, "Come fly with us and check out the freaks"

Why do they need a badge to help with immigration???????? Immigration puts no stock into a name tag. Their passport will simply indicate if they are a male or female and if they are transgender then they simply need to explain .. preferably in a drop down voice. Clearly the name tag is for passenger amusement IMO. I would guess immigration, by law, cannot put ANY stock into non-government issued ID tags. More importantly it is going to be pinned to their uniform. Why would they do this if the only time they will use it is at immigration check points.

Again my personal opinion but anybody who sees this as a win for rights of the so-called third gender are mistaken.

Do not get mixed up between men dressing up as women and men having surgery's to appear as womenwink.gif

Ya, you are right. I get mixed up a lot. When I taught we had lady boys in kindergarten. Some days they would wear the girls school uniform and some days the boys uniform. Some days they would play football with the boys are recess and other days skip rope with the girls.

Call them "nong".

I believe what they are really doing is an advertisement to say, "Come fly with us and check out the freaks"

Why do they need a badge to help with immigration???????? Immigration puts no stock into a name tag. Their passport will simply indicate if they are a male or female and if they are transgender then they simply need to explain .. preferably in a drop down voice. Clearly the name tag is for passenger amusement IMO. I would guess immigration, by law, cannot put ANY stock into non-government issued ID tags. More importantly it is going to be pinned to their uniform. Why would they do this if the only time they will use it is at immigration check points.

Again my personal opinion but anybody who sees this as a win for rights of the so-called third gender are mistaken.

Lady boys aren't freaks in Thailand. They are people. Perhaps you should take your Falang bias and *******

I liked "there are some strange people on Thai Visa" and "the end of straight civilization".

Reading all these posts one can really think that many straight men have problems with their sexuality. Otherwise the topic "ladyboys" would leave them indifferent. These "ladyboys" are just people like us all, some good, some bad, some ignorant and some professional.

BTW: The so called "straight civilization" is not in its best shape :rolleyes: .

Say it again! Some out there are in dire need of education.

I liked "there are some strange people on Thai Visa" and "the end of straight civilization".

Reading all these posts one can really think that many straight men have problems with their sexuality. Otherwise the topic "ladyboys" would leave them indifferent. These "ladyboys" are just people like us all, some good, some bad, some ignorant and some professional.

BTW: The so called "straight civilization" is not in its best shape :rolleyes: .

Call them "nong".

@ softgeorge.....Or.....if it isn't obvious enough! Call them, "miss"!! JEEZ!!

Edited by templedog

A Thai trans-gender normally will look better than any girl we dated in our lives. ( Not talking about a Bar Girl) You will defiantly consider her a female.. I would still call her Hostess...

Lady boys aren't freaks in Thailand. They are people. Perhaps you should take your Falang bias and *******

Or maybe you should learn to not only read properly but also open your eyes to see how trangender people are portrayed in the media here.

If you want to be polite and they are dressed like a women then address them as a women. This is what they would prefer.

If you only care about the legally correct term then they are males. Thailand doesn't change genders on government issued ID's regardless of what operation one might had.

If you want to be biologically correct then you would need to ask to see more or try a casual grope when going down the isle ;-)

Edited by Nisa

Or maybe you should learn to not only read properly but also open your eyes to see how trangender people are portrayed in the media here.

Not only do I know how to read but I also live in Thailand and have for quite some time. Lady boys are an accepted part of Thai culture and have been for hundreds of years. You are expressing your bias and not the bias of Thai people. Perhaps some time spent among Thais as opposed to reading might be the key to more understanding for you.

Why is this an issue? All airlines should consider applications from anyone for any position they have, and judge them on merit. Being a "third sex" is irrelevant to the ability to do any job.

Let's look at this another way. It may indeed be true that in Thailand third sexers are involved in thievery type crime at greater percentages than average. What does this tell us? That they are wired that way? I don't think so. To me, it tells us that Thailand is no paradise for them, more like a hell, where they are severely discriminated against, where they are pressured to believe they are only expected to work in a tiny segment of society, such as camp restaurant waiters in Pattaya. If that happened to you, you might turn to crime as well.

Edited by Jingthing

If you want to be polite and they are dressed like a women then address them as a women. This is what they would prefer.

So, you are sitting in an airplane seat and want to get the attention of a passing female or lady boy attendant what would you say?