Shopping For Motor-Riding Cloths In Bkk

ChangNoi1

After I finally had my new bike I needed some stuff to protect me in case some nutcase tries to run me off the road.

First of all my Real Ozzy has to be replaced for a better one. Ok it is nice helmet but not for over the 100km/h.

And I do not have aany kind of jacket so that is also a must.

Got some good boots already but some better gloves instead of the leather-summer-gloves I have would be fine also.

So together with another biker we went like 2 giggeling shopping-mall rats to a few shops in Bangkok.

We started at Paddock (thank Budha the old Chinese lady was not there). A lot of choice but it looks all a bit old (like the tyres from 2007) but I bought some nice gloves. Considerd a HJC-flip-up helmet but it presses to much to my forehead and my glasses.

Next was AP Shop (would never have found that shop myself) where I bought a radiator protector for my Versys. Stupid it should have been on it already! Nice & clever guy Pui. Good shop for spare-parts.

Next shop was Panda Rider. Good collection of cloths, almost bought a full-leather jacket for 15k but the jacket is a bit "long" for my short upper-body. But nice jacket, good leather and reasonble price. Almost bought a light weighted Bell helmet, I like it so much that I am actually not want a flip-up anymore (always more weight). But at a price-tag of 25k a bit too much. But still think Panada Rider has a good collection of cloves, jackets, boots and helmets. Indeed they are not cheap.

Next shop was Dirt Bike (On Nut road near Soi 76/1). Although a reasonable collection of cloths nothing for me (not much full leather). Saw a nice Nolan X-lite helmet but at 24k also a bit exensive.

Next shop was "Outlet Rider" (Phatanakan 20 near Yeak 12) with a not much but good collection of cloths and AVG & Noland & HJC helmets. Most size's he has in stock are for smaller Thai, but he will order anything you want (if you leave a deposit). He is selling the Noland X-lite helmets for about 19k which is a much better price.

So seen a lot, learned a lot but still not have a light weighted helmet or a full-leather jacket. Maybe at the Bangkok MotorWeek?

Chang Noi

Hi Chang Noi,

If you are looking for decent bargains, I would say Paddock shop which you have already tried. However some of the cheaper gear in the shop is questionable....

Pandarider is near me, and they usually have a good selection of gear (boots, helmets, jackets, gloves) and a few accessories. I have purchased a few items for the misses, and myself between Paddock & Panda Rider.

I did check out the new Dianese shop, however if you thought Panda was pricey, then this is ummmmm. Well you know : (

The motor show runs today to the 30th. You may be able to find something decent. However I feel that most shops only bring a 1/4 of the gear they half, so you will probably need to ask if they have what you are looking for in the shop for a later visit.

:jap:

I did check out the new Dianese shop, however if you thought Panda was pricey, then this is ummmmm. Well you know : (

The motor show runs today to the 30th. You may be able to find something decent. However I feel that most shops only bring a 1/4 of the gear they half, so you will probably need to ask if they have what you are looking for in the shop for a later visit.

Haven't been by to confirm but hear that the Dianese shop on Thonglor already went out of business! Ha! They were cheeky arrogant bastards- Som nam na!

I scored some deals on gear at the Bangkok Motorbike Festival yast year.

Ride On!

Tony