Private Messages

caf

I have just noticed a post from slinky 1876 and was going to reply to it. But it seems blocked though it is not so listed.

I was going to post that it is not in order ( my personal view, I am not a mod )to post details of a private message on the open forum.

However I was concerned when I read the actual pm that he quoted in full. If that pm was sent to slinky, which he says it was, then I am sure the mods will deal with it.

private messages are precisely that - private

caf

The new messaging service makes the PM you send look like a posting you or they have made when in fact it is only seen by the two of you. Check you are not in your messenger area when you are reading the " posts " Other than that the person could readily quote the private message if they wanted but would certainly be bad manners.

The new messaging service makes the PM you send look like a posting you or they have made when in fact it is only seen by the two of you. Check you are not in your messenger area when you are reading the " posts " Other than that the person could readily quote the private message if they wanted but would certainly be bad manners.

No, it was on the public forum. I was not party to any interchange between the two posters

From a post above it seems that pms are exactly that - private, so should not be quoted in public

But if the pm that was quoted is accurate then it is unacceptable and as I said the mods will no doubt deal with it. Possibly by admonishing the receiver for printing a pm and the sender for a very inappropriate message. But that's nothing to do with me.