Is Anyone Else Experiencing Problems Reading The Forums?

Yaaklenmai

In the last week, or so, I've found that to be a recurring problem when viewing topics (it does not happen on the index page).

It is not my laptop as it only occurs in the TV window - When it is reduced I can see the rest of the screen working perfectly!

Refresh and it may be o.k..or not, as the case may be.

This is the only website that has this effect and is not a problem I am experiencing elsewhere.

Any ideas?

sad.gif

In the last week I've found it increasingly difficult to use IE8 to view this forum.

It's always waiting for googleads, widgets, facebook, or some other form of add ons to load and the webpage 'jumps' all over the place.

Like now as I type this in the fast reply box it's switching from a full width box to a small square and is constantly 'flashing' waiting for and downloading messages in the status bar.

It's stable in FireFox though (so far)

What browser and version are you using?

Have you tried with another browser, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari etc?

I'm using Firefox 3.6.13. I haven't tried with another browser as it only happens on thaivisa.com and then only on some of the posts. This is one of them. I think it has something to do with the black newsfeed strip at the top misbehaving.

What browser and version are you using?

Have you tried with another browser, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari etc?

I'm using Firefox 3.6.13. I haven't tried with another browser as it only happens on thaivisa.com and then only on some of the posts. This is one of them. I think it has something to do with the black newsfeed strip at the top misbehaving.

A little more info - (if anyone is attempting to fix it)

The page loads fully and then the black square covers a third of the page from the top down.

When I go to the very bottom of the page a new section has been added after the thaivisa copyright banner.

It contains an animated gif of a moving wheel and if I move my cursor over it the words 'prev' or 'next' appear and at the bottom right an X with 'close'

The topics without a problem don't have anything under the copyright banner.

The other interesting thing is that when I started typing in this reply the black box remained at the top but has now disappeared.

• 4 weeks later...

Uninstall any adblocker plugin or software, that's likely the problem.

I discovered that "predictad" had infected my browser to the extent that it was being called even when I viewed simple html that I myself had written. It was taking up unnecessary bandwidth (slowing response) and I'm offended by being spied upon.

I initially used the firefox feature to prevent it storing cookies on my computer. That seems to have caused this problem.

I've installed "addblocker plus" and it seems to have solved it (whilst retaining my block on predictad cookies).

In future I will avoid sites which use google ads as much as possible.

Uninstall any adblocker plugin or software, that's likely the problem.

I discovered that "predictad" had infected my browser to the extent that it was being called even when I viewed simple html that I myself had written. It was taking up unnecessary bandwidth (slowing response) and I'm offended by being spied upon.

I initially used the firefox feature to prevent it storing cookies on my computer. That seems to have caused this problem.

I've installed "addblocker plus" and it seems to have solved it (whilst retaining my block on predictad cookies).

In future I will avoid sites which use google ads as much as possible.

Clarrification: Calls to predictad.com are made from a browser add-on called 'autocompletepro'. So it's not the fault of google-ads. It can be disabled and removed.

Edited by domprz