Yellows May Join Up With Reds To Topple Thai Govt

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right. Sure. They join up with the red shirts. They topple the government.

AND THEN WHAT?

There will be new elections and my guess is that the Phuea Thai Party will get a majority in parliament. Let your imagination run wild what happens after that. My guess is that some judges will be replaced, new trials for Thaksin will be held and he will be absolved of all charges, he will come back to Thailand and parliament will elect him as Prime Minister, unless, as animatic said, the military stages a coup, which would be a distinct possibility.

Edited by Puccini

AND THEN WHAT?

There will be new elections and my guess is that the Phuea Thai Party will get a majority in parliament. Let your imagination run will what happens after that. My guess is that some judges will be replaced, new trials for Thaksin will be held and he will be absolved of all charges, he will come back to Thailand and parliament will elect him as Prime Minister, unless, as animatic said, the military stages a coup, which would be a distinct possibility.

And the yellow shirts want to join with the red shirts to get that result?

But I doubt very much that Peau Thai could get a majority in parliament. They'll even struggle to be the largest party with all of their defections to BJT.

I love Thailand. Every time I think that the summit of Mt. Lunacy was successfully conquered the fine people of many colors show me that I was wrong. Here in Thailand summits tend to heighten. TIT... always amazing :-)

How can they attempt to mount an ever rising summit,

and end up so much lower than they started, every time?

AND THEN WHAT?

There will be new elections and my guess is that the Phuea Thai Party will get a majority in parliament. Let your imagination run wild what happens after that. My guess is that some judges will be replaced, new trials for Thaksin will be held and he will be absolved of all charges, he will come back to Thailand and parliament will elect him as Prime Minister, unless, as animatic said, the military stages a coup, which would be a distinct possibility.

We will get new elections anyway within a year. My guess would be the PTP returns not with a majority in parliament, probably not even as the largest party. In that case we would get an Abhisit II cabinet and we can continue working on a more social Thailand.

And the yellow shirts want to join with the red shirts to get that result?

But I doubt very much that Peau Thai could get a majority in parliament. They'll even struggle to be the largest party with all of their defections to BJT.

I allow for the possibility that some PAD leaders have been incentivised to join forces with the red shirts and to bring back Thaksin, and similarly, the voters will be incentivised to vote for PTP and its candidates, and MPs to change to PTP. Thaksin as Prime Minister and with a parliamentary majority will change the constitution, privatise government enterprises and seize assets of some individuals, which will result in an enormous bounty to be shared between Thaksin and his cronies. It's all about money, without regard to Thailand's future and the welfare of the Thai people as a whole.

Working together (with Mr. T out of the picture as he is nothing but a disaster for the country) is the only way they will ever reach anything close to democracy.

Unless they work together, those that do not want change--who wear red and yellow--will win.

"Divide and conquer" is what is happening now.

As an aside, one reason the Native Americans lost to the "Whites" is that we were too divided.

Working together (with Mr. T out of the picture as he is nothing but a disaster for the country) is the only way they will ever reach anything close to democracy.

Unless they work together, those that do not want change--who wear red and yellow--will win.

"Divide and conquer" is what is happening now.

As an aside, one reason the Native Americans lost to the "Whites" is that we were too divided.

The problem with that theory is that Thaksin is still very much in the picture.

Well so now we know that neither of these 2 "great Thai polictal parties" who want to run the country have no manifesto and are unlikely to have one by the time of the general election. One lot only want a bit of disputed border on there own terms, the other lot want to hold lots of rallies and sell T shirts and copies of book they found called " Mai Kamp" The leader must grow a small moustache as well, look good in riding breeches and be able to stand, unaided, in the back on an open top moving mercedes whilst acknowledging the brain washed!

Well so now we know that neither of these 2 "great Thai polictal parties" who want to run the country have no manifesto and are unlikely to have one by the time of the general election. One lot only want a bit of disputed border on there own terms, the other lot want to hold lots of rallies and sell T shirts and copies of book they found called " Mai Kamp" The leader must grow a small moustache as well, look good in riding breeches and be able to stand, unaided, in the back on an open top moving mercedes whilst acknowledging the brain washed!

Neither red-shirts nor yellow shirts, or in the context of the OP the PAD and the UDD are really political parties. They support established political parties like Dem's, PTP, NPP. Those political parties have a 'manifesto' (aka party policies or program).

We will get new elections anyway within a year...

Which makes one wonder why they say they want to topple the government, doesn't it? I believe these rallies and threats are more about gaining popularity among voters in the run-up to the forthcoming general election than a desire to to bring about an immediate change of government. Was it April or May that Abhisit said he plans to call for a "snap election"? There is little time until then.

We will get new elections anyway within a year...

Which makes one wonder why they say they want to topple the government, doesn't it? I believe these rallies and threats are more about gaining popularity among voters in the run-up to the forthcoming general election than a desire to to bring about an immediate change of government. Was it April or May that Abhisit said he plans to call for a "snap election"? There is little time until then.

The PM didn't say he 'plans', he said something like 'it may be possible if the circumstances are right'. As for popularity, the political party started by the PAD has minimal support and even k. Sondhi withdrew from it. Very unlikely the PAD can even get all PAD members, or even all yellow shirts to vote for that party (NPP ?)

AND THEN WHAT?

and then they start to fight each other . or agree on some lunatic to govern the country (but i doubt it)

This is why i was saying that possibly military government could be the solution not to allow the 2 lunatics to ruin the country totally.

Yeah, the military government did such a fine job last time.

I do not know why stop only at 3 demands. Why not also pull out from every international membership, kick out all the foreigners, foreign company's and close the country for good.

Better yet also declare war on Cambodia, take its territory and then also go after Burma for the cheap labour.

Really PAD are selling themselves short.

AND THEN WHAT?

and then they start to fight each other . or agree on some lunatic to govern the country (but i doubt it)

This is why i was saying that possibly military government could be the solution not to allow the 2 lunatics to ruin the country totally.

Yeah, the military government did such a fine job last time.

You got a better proposal? or alternative?

So the yellow faction joins with the reds, they somehow get abhisit out, then the reds take advantage of the situation and ignore the yellow faction, the reds along with PTP and thaksin destabalize things to the point where they somehow get thaksin back:

1. Does anybody really think thaksin would ever embrace any part of the yellow group? In fact there is the possibility that he would take severe and ruthless revenge on anything that looked even slightly yellow.

2. Does anybody really think thaksin gives a sxxx about the temple and the small amount of land? Some believe that he, through his lacky noppadon, deliberately santioned the land being seen as belonging to Cambodia.

3. What happens next to the yellow splinter group, will they be accepted again as any part of the yellow group?

4. I notice that noppadon, is suddenly quiet.

Edited by scorecard

I think they should try to vote them out of office first.

That's silly talk.

They need to join forces, get rid of whoever is in their way, then they can fight each other again to figure out who will be in charge next.

From there, rinse and repeat.

Just what we need: ORANGE SHIRTS!

Bingo! There is a business opportunity.

Be the first to start selling orange shirts before 10 shops set up to each side of you selling the same and the colored shirt mafia runs you out of business.

Edited by Tokay

Neither red-shirts nor yellow shirts, or in the context of the OP the PAD and the UDD are really political parties. They support established political parties like Dem's, PTP, NPP. Those political parties have a 'manifesto' (aka party policies or program).

Then why would anyone want to vote them? 500 bt maybe? I have not seen a General Election here so I guess this so different to what I am used too, I look on incredulously and will not be surprised at what happens, thanks for the info. now I am rely confused!

Everyone's getting worked up about this article, but notice they're just quoting a handful of random people at a rally. No leaders are being quoted as saying this. It's very easy for a reporter to go to a rally of thousands of people, ask a bunch of them 'would you temporarily ally with group X to achieve your goals' and get a few people who say they would, and then write a sensationalist article. This story as it is now means nothing.

Everyone's getting worked up about this article, but notice they're just quoting a handful of random people at a rally. No leaders are being quoted as saying this. It's very easy for a reporter to go to a rally of thousands of people, ask a bunch of them 'would you temporarily ally with group X to achieve your goals' and get a few people who say they would, and then write a sensationalist article. This story as it is now means nothing.

Except for this from another topic thread:

A core leader of the Thai Patriots Network claims he is coordinating a joint protest with red-shirt members to surround Government House after seeing eye to eye about ousting the current administration.

No need to hype this - it seems like a rather desperate media move by the dwindling PAD. That a mere 5,000 turned up says enough.

The government has nothing to fear from the remains of PAD: it's most powerful support came from midle-of-the road and middle to upper class, often well-educated groups, who are none too happy with the PAD's current drift.

And as the coalition has at last made up its mind to stick together, the Reds won't shift them either. A good thiung for Thailkand too.

AND THEN WHAT?

But wait a minute, have the reds got approval from thaksin to join with the yellows?

Maybe he bought the yellows too by now...:intheclub::lol: