Renew My British Passport In Thailand

cost to renew your british passport in thailand. 32page 10year 1600hkd,plus courier fees115hkd total1715hkd=£137.50approx,to renew in the uk £77.50 can anyone spot the diff.

Can you fly from SEA to the UK to renew your P/P for 60 quid ?....:whistling:

cost to renew your british passport in thailand. 32page 10year 1600hkd,plus courier fees115hkd total1715hkd=£137.50approx,to renew in the uk £77.50 can anyone spot the diff.

40years of paying taxes in the uk.surely i am entited to question the diff.in the cost,who pays the embassy staff,back in 2008 i paid £40 just for a letter to open a thai bank must have been gold ink.

40years of paying taxes in the uk.surely i am entited to question the diff.in the cost,who pays the embassy staff,back in 2008 i paid £40 just for a letter to open a thai bank must have been gold ink.

Of course you can question it, but I am sure the passports agency would be able justify the cost difference down to the penny...:rolleyes:

Think of it this way...if you use your P/P for the full 10 years, it cost you 1 pound 10 pence a month, therefore if you drink 1 less beer a month, the full cost of your P/P is covered...:lol:

Can anyone please tell me how you get the passport photo verified when applying to Hong Kong ? My renewal is due soon. When I last renewed in the UK I had to have my photo verified by a solicitor ( it's mandatory to use a professional - doctor, lawyer etc), and they had to sign to state they had known me for 2 years. What is the criteria for Hong Kong renewals??

You dont need to provide endorsed photo's/ signed renewal application form provided your appearance hasnt changed significantly since your last PP photo

The criteria is not any different in HK over Bangkok or any other Brtish consulate in the world for that matter

Thanks for the help - I've got a lot more wrinkles than 10 years ago, let's hope they don't notice ! :D

Actually, I am not too sure about these comments. I have had four new passports issued by the BE in Bangkok over the years and it was said that if you physically took you passport into them and submitted it, then there was no need to get the picture verified. If you used any other means, such as a courier etc, then the picture had to be verified.

I think it would be sensible to get your picture verified prior to sending it all off to HK

• 3 weeks later...

Compared to the generally abysmal current day service from the British Embassy for individuals, it's actually a pleasure to just post the docs off well in advance, and get them back by recorded delivery. No sitting in queues, taking tickets, coming back in the afternoon, trying to converse with people who often don't even speak English etc etc :)