Le Meridien Sunday Chinese Buffet

PlanetX

Went to the Le Meridien Sunday Chinese Buffet

Hours 11:30 - 3:30

Price 590 Baht

Drinks: Unlimited Soda, Pineapple Juice, Guava Juice. Coffee, Espresso, Cappucino, Tea

Carving Station: Lamb, Beef, Pig

Made to Order: Choice of Stir fry or soup with chicken, beef, pork, crab, mussels, squid, various shell seafood, variety of vegetables with garlic or spicy sauce

Made to Order: Pasta Station with variety of pasta noodles, various seafood choices

Chinese Hot Dishes: Sweet/Sour Pork Ribs, Spicy chicken, Baked white fish, Steamed vegetables, Chinese Red sauce prawns, Noodles + rice

Salad Bar: Salmon, various chinese salads, several different cheeses, sushi, vegetables, dressings, crab cakes, egg rolls

Dessert Bar: Dark chocolate cake, Soft yellow cake, crepes, various small cakes, puddings

I definitely enjoyed everything I tasted. Service was very attentive (especially since there were only 4 tables occupied from 2:00-3:00)

Left with a parting gift of 7 small oranges in a bag

Edited by PlanetX

At 590TB a head are you wondering why there were only 4 tables or have you worked it out yet?

That was only in the Chinese Buffet the rest were in in the Western buffet.

Real Chinese food is not what people are used to.

uptheos I am window shopping.:(

Very very well written. Thank you.

Is there a separate Sunday buffet at Le Meridien that is not Chinese?

yes but was it American, French or Thai style Chinese?? That seems to be crucial for some :)

I sometimes miss British Chinese take-away food, dripping grease & MSG, with a side-order of chips/curry-sauce ! International dining at its most-memorable ! :bah:

Edited by Ricardo

Very very well written. Thank you.

Is there a separate Sunday buffet at Le Meridien that is not Chinese?

yes but was it American, French or Thai style Chinese?? That seems to be crucial for some :)

I sometimes miss British Chinese take-away food, dripping grease & MSG, with a side-order of chips/curry-sauce ! International dining at its most-memorable ! :bah:

spring rolls the size of bricks that you can literally ring out and glow in the dark sweet and sour sauce, quality stuff! :)

At 590TB a head are you wondering why there were only 4 tables or have you worked it out yet?

That was only in the Chinese Buffet the rest were in in the Western buffet.

Real Chinese food is not what people are used to.

uptheos I am window shopping.:(

I'm watching out for you mate - keep up the good work. wink.gif

I am not 100% sure about this, but someone said that the Holiday Inn Sunday dinner has gone up to 695 and did not mention anything about wine being included.

Do you mean Sunday lunch? Was there last Sunday, came out at just over 550 per head with the + + +.Don't know about the wine, have the included soft drinks, tea, coffee etc.

I am not 100% sure about this, but someone said that the Holiday Inn Sunday dinner has gone up to 695 and did not mention anything about wine being included.

Do you mean Sunday lunch? Was there last Sunday, came out at just over 550 per head with the + + +.Don't know about the wine, have the included soft drinks, tea, coffee etc.

Don't know about the ++, never paid it, normally (last year) it was 500 B for the works and if you register at the desk when you enter you can get a privilege card for free that offers you 10% off that price.

Wine IS 200B for all you can drink in 3 hours :o

Food is very very good with all the same stuff as available at the other hotel mentioned, but its cheaper and they have a lovely river terrace to look out on :D

I think I'll stick with the Holiday Inn, when I can't afford the Chedi, even if it's just for their desserts

Don't know about the ++, never paid it, normally (last year) it was 500 B for the works and if you register at the desk when you enter you can get a privilege card for free that offers you 10% off that price.

Food is very very good with all the same stuff as available at the other hotel mentioned, but its cheaper and they have a lovely river terrace to look out on :D

I think I'll stick with the Holiday Inn, when I can't afford the Chedi, even if it's just for their desserts

Never been to the Chedi. The desserts you say? Care to expound? IMHO, the only thing that the Holiday Inn still does with consistent quality is the desserts. So if the Chedi is at least a challenge in that area, I'd like to hear more.

Edited by venturalaw

Sorry Venturelaw, I did not make myself clear.

I LOVE the desserts at the HI. :D

But I LOVE the Indian Food that they serve at the Chedi...its even better than English curry IMHO, and thats hard to beat, best Indian in town hands down, but you gotta check they are serving it on Sunday first, or don't bother.

Again you can register for a 10% discount on arrival :)

Sorry Venturelaw, I did not make myself clear.

I LOVE the desserts at the HI. :D

But I LOVE the Indian Food that they serve at the Chedi...its even better than English curry IMHO, and thats hard to beat, best Indian in town hands down, but you gotta check they are serving it on Sunday first, or don't bother.

Again you can register for a 10% discount on arrival :)

Good to know. Thanks.

Maybe I missed it, but is there a Sunday buffet at the Chedi with good Indian food? If so, what is the price?

Maybe I missed it, but is there a Sunday buffet at the Chedi with good Indian food? If so, what is the price?

Was 600 ++

It's a while since we last went so you had better check with them if you are thinking of going..I know its "Pang" but they do have a little 3 piece going while you dine on the river terrace and sip 250baht cocktails...or 200B bottles of water :D

TP, resident discount card at the Holiday Inn is 20% not 10%. Basically your discount card negates the plus, plus, of service charge and govt tax. The unlimit wine is a good deal, I had 7 glasses on my last visit :burp:

At least it is not a best burger thread - not that I've ever found one here that I was impressed by. :ermm:

On my last visit to Singapore visited Wendy's a couple of times, great burgers. Never seen a Wendy's in LOS do they exist? They badly need one in CNX. :P

Edited by Thaihog