Overstay By 2 Days

I have made a mistake in my calculation for my 90 days, I am flying to Bali for a long weekend for my visa run on the 18th February, my 90 days expires on the 15th February. My flight is at 06.15 in the morning and am told as i have never done this before that i can pay at the airport. Can someone advise me on what the process is ? how long it takes? and cost ? 500baht a day i have been informed - Will the office be open at this time ? i have to check in at 4am- 5am latest I believe.

A 2 day overstay would costs you 1,000 baht.

Simply turn up at the airport, when you arrive at immigration they will direct you to another officer, where you can pay the fine and get a stamp in your passport about the overstay. And that is all. Shouldn't take long, but you never know the lines at check-in and immigration, so go early.

Should be ฿ 1,ooo. I thought the first day was free.

(Unless they've moved the goal posts again.)

Free if overstay is only one day.

Anything over and the first day gets counted.

Well there you go, learn something every day.:thumbsup:

Should be ฿ 1,ooo. I thought the first day was free.

(Unless they've moved the goal posts again.)

Free if overstay is only one day.

Anything over and the first day gets counted.

There was a notice a few years ago that read somthing like:

Overstay 500B per day

First day free

Second day pay double

Thereafter 500B/Day

Max Fine 20,000B

miscalcualted when i booked my trip which i did before my last visa run to cambodia

It seems like you will have a three day overstay not two, so the fine will be 1,500 baht.

Why are you calculating your 90 days, the stamp in your passport says exactly when you have to leave?

Sophon

Personally I would get a 7 day extension at immigration for 1,900 baht and avoid the overstay stamp in your passport. While such a stamp doesn't seem to be a problem at present, you never know what might happen in the future.

Sophon

Given the difference of only 400 baht more to stay legal that certainly would be the best way. (Why didn't I think of that?)

Just show up at immigration with a copy of the ticket out and a passport size photo, fill in a form and pay 1,900 baht and you are completely legal.

Many thanks the immigration office at Laksi is only 10 min on a bike from my home so seems to be easiest solution

miscalcualted when i booked my trip which i did before my last visa run to cambodia

It seems like you will have a three day overstay not two, so the fine will be 1,500 baht.

Why are you calculating your 90 days, the stamp in your passport says exactly when you have to leave?

Sophon

Personally I would get a 7 day extension at immigration for 1,900 baht and avoid the overstay stamp in your passport. While such a stamp doesn't seem to be a problem at present, you never know what might happen in the future.

Sophon