Think Carefully About Who You Mouth Off To

TAWP

Too many times have one seen foreigners talk to government employees (deservedly or not) with open discontent, in a loud voice proclaiming that the other party is wrong or that the complainer has certain 'rights' etc.

Being right never guarantees you to be correctly handled. Especially if you make the other party lose face or make the issue an argument.

Or we have the other case when it is best to keep ones mouth shut, one vacationing guy wrote the following today on Facebook:

<name removed>

Please send your phone numbers via message, I went to Pattaya to see my good friend Rocky, on my way to the hotel I got in a fist fight with what I remember to be 15 plus ladyboys because of a wiener grab and led to a stolen phone. thank you

When asked what happened:

I'm just walking and I get this wiener grab, so I say something. This leads to more saying somethings. The end result, a bruised head and red fists, also the last trip to Pattaya.

Being right doesn't guarantee that you will be safe from problems.

Know when to talk back (rarely, if ever) and know how to handle issues that might lead to a dispute - preferably by allowing the other person to see your viewpoint without it being an argument...allow them to show their 'largeness' of being able to show 'mercy' if needed (esp. government employees).

Edited by metisdead
Name removed for personal privacy.

I went to Pattaya to see my good friend Rocky, on my way to the hotel I got in a fist fight with what I remember to be 15 plus ladyboys because of a wiener grab

Not many other cities in the world where this sentence would make sense

I went to Pattaya to see my good friend Rocky, on my way to the hotel I got in a fist fight with what I remember to be 15 plus ladyboys because of a wiener grab

tbf he shouldn't have grabbed the ladyboys wiener :D

Guessing it would make sense in a few American cities....:whistling:

and absolutely anywhere in Europe ;)

Where in europe would anyone say "Wiener grab" ?....sounds Soooooo American as is using the term "fist fight"

then book yourself into the nearest hospital for castration to make you emasculation complete.

Haha - don't come here and complain when your extension fails due to you writing your name in sloppy hand-writing and the staff being inflexible since you raised you voice declaring it was 'silly' thing to point out.

It is not about being emasculated - it is about picking battles one can win.

One day you will understand the different too.

But seeing as you are a red shirt supported, I doubt it.

Ha! Good ol Europeans, always available for a good jibe. Love those cooky guys.

When I left the UK in 1979 to work abroad, I came across a wily old expat who told me that in order to survive working and living overseas you need to master the art of faking sincerity and you know after nearly 32 years I think back and never was a wiser thing said to me.

then book yourself into the nearest hospital for castration to make you emasculation complete.

Haha - don't come here and complain when your extension fails due to you writing your name in sloppy hand-writing and the staff being inflexible since you raised you voice declaring it was 'silly' thing to point out.

come come TAWP, you should have known better than use ladyboys as an example-- You should know by now that tell a ladyboy story anywhere and TV members will be absolutely compelled to focus on that rather than on the point.

come come TAWP, you should have known better than use ladyboys as an example-- You should know by now that tell a ladyboy story anywhere and TV members will be absolutely compelled to focus on that rather than on the point.

I understand your point, but it wasn't an example per se -- it was what raised my will to post after reading it the minute earlier on Facebook.

Many guys come here -- as tourists or else -- and approach situations like they would back home - or sometimes with an even bigger ego (the colonial mindset of superiority).

And more often than not it will lead into trouble.

When I left the UK in 1979 to work abroad, I came across a wily old expat who told me that in order to survive working and living overseas you need to master the art of faking sincerity and you know after nearly 32 years I think back and never was a wiser thing said to me.

Nice to see someone talk sense for a change. Mind you, faking sincerity probably doesn't work too badly in the UK either (this from a wily old expat of 50 years' standing!).

alot of these "i fought 15 people and broke all their arms" stories are from the old "retired SAS" men.

Or people that are so cool that "im almost SAS".

I wouldnt trust them unless i saw it happen with my own eyes. The amount of stories about wild fist fights with thai police and the farangs winning and not getting arested could fill a shelf if printed.

How can you compare the endless trouble you may have when picking a fight with a government official and

The end result, a bruised head and red fists,

[/Quote]

Come on, it's no big deal, you'd never been young ?

But I've to say nowadays I don't go to some bar anymore because I can't stand the way the "waitress" (for me it's girls but its seems it's everywhere the same) act with customers. I can't understand how men can accept to be treated this way I think if customers reacted more often like your friend in the opening post, situation wouldn't be that bad.

Well, I think we can tell a lot about the OP from his example, I guess the message of the day is don't mouth off to ladyboys. Well, thats fine by me as I don't hang out were there are large packs of ladyboys.

OP, you are free to grab all the weiners you want :lol:

Yeah ladyboys suck

wow, why drag politics into it? who said I am a red shirt supporter? I am anti democrat and anti yellow, that however does not automatically make a red shirt supporter.

Also isn't picking battle you know you can win a form of bullying? Do you only pick battles you know you can win? Are you a doormat and of the othe rguy has a boxers nose you automatically let him walk all over you??

come on get a grip, leave the pointless politics for elsewhere, and grow some balls.

ah...the infamous katoey 'handshake'...

I think a good majority figures this out eventually... these are the guys you see venting their anger (at likely the latest of a string of emasculating events involving immigration, police, traffic incidents, or simply those who are more important or connected than they are, etc.) at the waitress at Sizzler or MK. Pretty safe bet you're going to 'win' those, eh?

:)