Sinsod Blues

sacdog

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading all the posts and across the board i understand i cant read the thai language but I do know how to play poker. My wife told me her father dose not need money, hes a nice man, and we'll be getting lots of land. I would rather have the Brooklin Bridge or the Windsor Gates. What are my kids goimg to do with thai- land? They are american. The cost to sell this land (flights, lawers,taxes, getting sold short) is i' sure more of a headache then profit. I have no problem visiting but to see land, dirt. There also seems to be an outstanding college debt she still owes. I thought thai massages were a good thing.

What sort of land, where and how much of it?

Done right (fertilizer, weeding) with a bit of luck (mainly regards the weather) land can produce a fairly good income. A Thai friend has 4000 Baht a day coming off 1500 rubber trees. They produce for 25-30 years after 8 years growth. It's not a bad pension scheme, certainly better than Western con-artist financial institutions can offer. That's just one plot, I think all told he'll soon have 20,000+ trees producing. Growing potato in between the rows of trees also provides regular income.

Some of the poor looking people up here are quite seriously wealthy. The family I refer to has $160,000 worth of cars, never seem to sell the old ones (3 years old!), now looking at a 3,000,000 Baht Toyota people carrier thing. I think they're just bored and don't know what to do with all the cash.

Don't know what to do with all the cash?? That's not boredom it's uneducated idiocy :blink: ...

I think they just sort of 'have it all', so I said how about international travel, which seems to be on the cards, trouble is the guy has already been to all the nicest places around the world.

It's an all or nothing country. Those that 'make it' make it big. I mean 3,000,000 on a car, <deleted>! The house I could build here for that would be astonishing. What they really need is a big garden, keep 'em busy.

Hazard a guess though, taxation is coming to these parts. Recently the government gave everyone a thousand baht, as long as they opened a bank account to receive it and register all their property . . . and the suckers fell for it. Major facepalm moment! :annoyed:

60 + Rai (rai?) in Kamphaeng Phet. Maybe i can grow bannana leaves and make hats, but i read in this site farangs are not allowed to make hats. What are there going to do send me to the cambodian front?

That's more than enough to be wealthy, providing the soil is up to it and you put some effort in, plant trees, fertilize etc. Lot of land that, 1,200,000 Baht's worth at a minimum. Of course your wife would have to front it, but you have a pension right there. (Don't know your age now though).

Another thing is right now it's very difficult to buy land, I mean actually find a decent sized plot for sale. 60 rai coming up for sale here is rare, they usually only sell 5-6 rai slivers to pay for weddings etc.

I have a wife who was a bar girl. Recently she has not been asking me for money. Should I be worried?

I think youknow the answer to that one already!

If a thai lady isn't asking for money, she most definitly has another source. Bar girl or not, in my experience most thai girls want money the same as a bar girl. A falang=money.....you already know what's up!.........always listen to your gut feeling because in most instances 99% of the time it is right!....move on!..........don't fret about her! she will always be the same and you will end up wasting your time and money. There are nice ones somewhere in LOS but you must not look. Just take care of yourself and try and meet one that does not speak any english unless she is well educated. Just do the same as you would back home. Myself, I would never think of marrying a prostitute,would you?....I think not. I realize these thai girls are very very good at making us believe they love only you and that she has finally found the man she wants to be faithful to etc. It's all bull........they're just good at what they do.....don't let her screw your head up and finances as it did to me for a short while. I married a thai lady very beautiful in mid 40's but one lie after another after another. It's just a waste of your time...it's hard to do but falang like us need to screw our heads back on right and use it right!....you'll be alot happier when you don't have questions such as the one you posted...good luck to us.....cheers

I have a wife who was a bar girl. Recently she has not been asking me for money. Should I be worried?

If a thai lady isn't asking for money, she most definitly has another source. Bar girl or not, in my experience most thai girls want money the same as a bar girl. A falang=money.....you already know what's up!.........always listen to your gut feeling because in most instances 99% of the time it is right!....move on!..........don't fret about her! she will always be the same and you will end up wasting your time and money. There are nice ones somewhere in LOS but you must not look. Just take care of yourself and try and meet one that does not speak any english unless she is well educated. Just do the same as you would back home. Myself, I would never think of marrying a prostitute,would you?....I think not. I realize these thai girls are very very good at making us believe they love only you and that she has finally found the man she wants to be faithful to etc. It's all bull........they're just good at what they do.....don't let her screw your head up and finances as it did to me for a short while. I married a thai lady very beautiful in mid 40's but one lie after another after another. It's just a waste of your time...it's hard to do but falang like us need to screw our heads back on right and use it right!....you'll be alot happier when you don't have questions such as the one you posted...good luck to us.....cheers

Great post but I've highlighted the essential piece of advice. Hope you don't mind.

Can you be sure that its being driven by the Father? Hate to say it but its likely your wife is in on what many would call a Scam. Best to "Man Up" and challenge it, go in charging like a wounded bull so to speak regardless of the percieved conciquences. If the wife is in on it you should also accept some of the blame as something in the realationship has given the her the opinion she can treat you without respect.

I have read here many times posters saying that Sin Sod is not due for previously married women. May I ask people their sources ? By what authority do they speak ? I know a lady who says that in her area (North of Udon Thani), parents ask for and keep Sin Sod. And she is a really decent person.....a government teacher. I have tried my absolute UTMOST to change her mind about Sin Sod, but she is adamant that I need to pay her father 40,000 + 10,000 for the small wedding.

I have pushed as hard and as far as I can, but everything will go pear-shaped if I refuse.

Again I ask : May I ask people their sources ? By what authority do they speak ? Anecdotal evidence ? History ? She says her father asked for and received SS for her sister's second marriage and that it happens in this area.

For gods sake, you would pay more than that for a wedding dress in the UK!

50K (1,000ukp) for a wedding is nothing to us white men.

Why even argue, just pay up, but make sure you get value for money.

If you want a traditional Thai wedding get her father some goats, a few buffalo, a bunch of chickens and maybe some gold. That sounds pretty traditional to me!!! :lol:

Naaah better idea

Keep the goats,buffalo, eat the chickens and send the daughter home with out the gold.

North to Alaska

Keep your eye out for an Eskimo

No sinsod in that society

ESKIMO WEDDING TRADITIONS: The groom’s family must pool their resources and come up with a whole houseful of wedding gifts, including things like hunting rifles, sealskins, appliances, loaves of bread, and other practical items useful for life and basic survival on the Yupiks’ home, a cold, barren, treeless island.

Really? Cold barren treeless island, wacking baby seals...maybe! But give a wife a hunting rifle? You bummbed your head.

Great post but I've highlighted the essential piece of advice. Hope you don't mind.

Your right about that!,,,Thanks!:rolleyes::jap: