220V Electric Heating Pad

jimmym40

I've checked several pharmacies and all I get is "no have".

Also, looking for a decent size first aid kit for the home and/or vehicle. I know most pharmacies would probably have something, but I want one with enough different items to really be called a first aid kit. Anyone purchase one lately?

I can't recall the name of the pharmacy but they are a chain. There is one in Tesco Kamthieng on the 2nd floor right near the check-out counters of Tesco. I saw the heating pads there last week and looked at them. High-quality @ 1,800 Baht. There is another on Thannon Suthep. I ended up buying a Chinese-made one from Amorn on sale for 119 Baht. I was skeptical but am very satisfied with it. You apply the electric for about 10 minutes and it heats the gel inside. Stays hot for at least 3 hours. Not as big as the electric one but the perfect size for the neck and shoulders which is what I needed.

Yeah, we need one, too, but for a different reason.

Back before Motrin/Alieve became an over-the-counter drug. electric hot pads were often used by women during "that time of the month". After those drugs were made "street legal" in the U.S. we redeployed my electric hot pad collection into serving our cats. I have a fond story of how I acquired one of them. I had an immediate need when in a Holiday Inn on business. I ordered two beers from the hotel bar for room service and told the baffled young man who delivered them, "here is $20 for the beer and there's another $20 for you if you come back in 20 minutes with an electric hot pad and a six pack of beer". He received his extra $20.

Now we have a cat who huddles under our lamps on cool mornings. It brings to mind our last U.S. cat, whose life was extended beyond the age of 20 by one of my hot pads. I'd like to get a wicker cat basket and a hot pad for our current cat. Finding the basket is no problem, but I haven't seen a hot pad yet, at least one that can be kept in the "barely warm" position for days at a time.