Reputable Valentines Day Delivery

siamjimi

EMS seems to be the most popular amongst internet sellers. Or the Thai Post Office special delivery.

EMS

Thank MJP - however - me not being physically in Thailand to mail a gift myself is the point - I am looking for an on-line company to order and make delivery for me

Last time I tried this i was ripped off after having talked on the phone with one a "Salesperson" (yeah-right-!!!!!) who proceed to assure me everything would be delivered on time - only to be contacted 5 days later and told "Out-of-stock" and then began a chaotic attempt to right the wrong and then to get my money back (I am sure it was a small enough enterprise that the saleperson knew what they did or did not have in stock at the time of the call)

This left me without time to order from other companies on time.

Thus is the "Reputable" part of my inquiry

I cannot believe that with today’s internet and the Thai desire to monetarily exploit holidays as popular as Valentines day that someone in Thailand has not come up with a reputable company to handle this holiday.

I have overseas companies willing to deliver at a good price of course - possibly that’s my only resource.

EMS seems to be the most popular amongst internet sellers. Or the Thai Post Office special delivery.

EMS

Thank MJP - however - me not being physically in Thailand to mail a gift myself is the point - I am looking for an on-line company to order and make delivery for me

Last time I tried this i was ripped off after having talked on the phone with one a "Salesperson" (yeah-right-!!!!!) who proceed to assure me everything would be delivered on time - only to be contacted 5 days later and told "Out-of-stock" and then began a chaotic attempt to right the wrong and then to get my money back (I am sure it was a small enough enterprise that the saleperson knew what they did or did not have in stock at the time of the call)

This left me without time to order from other companies on time.

Thus is the "Reputable" part of my inquiry

I cannot believe that with today's internet and the Thai desire to monetarily exploit holidays as popular as Valentines day that someone in Thailand has not come up with a reputable company to handle this holiday.

I have overseas companies willing to deliver at a good price of course - possibly that's my only resource.

Yup, I just bought a new Swisstool multitool thing over the internet, should be here in a few days. Let's see if the thing appears, I hope so it was 3000 Baht. Making the deposit directly to banks is common here and to be honest quite handy.

This is a serious growth industry for Thailand, reputable online sales. I bought from zoomcamera with no problems. Just about to order from InvadeIT, their site is seriously good.

If mods approve, a pinned thread somewhere where posters can recommend online vendors based on their experience would be good, but hazard a guess it would get used as an advertising spot.

Not a bad idea really - thats how BIG things happen - advert site or not

I have a mind to start an online gift company for ALL occassions just from the experiences I have had - this is not the first time I wanted to send flowers, chocolartes or a teddy bear - LOL

I live in thailand but outside the country at work this month and need a valentines gift purchased and delivered.

It sounds better and better all the time - maybe something for my GF to get involved in - Hmmmm

Not a bad idea really - thats how BIG things happen - advert site or not

I have a mind to start an online gift company for ALL occassions just from the experiences I have had - this is not the first time I wanted to send flowers, chocolartes or a teddy bear - LOL

I live in thailand but outside the country at work this month and need a valentines gift purchased and delivered.

It sounds better and better all the time - maybe something for my GF to get involved in - Hmmmm

:ph34r:

It's a great idea! :)

Edited by MJP

or you could hire me to do the purchase and delivery for you

:whistling:

but on a more serious note, there seems to be a number of flower delivery sites that should be reputable (based on fact that they are still around after a few years?)

i just cant think of one at the top of my head....

sorry a mostly useless post :D

or you could hire me to do the purchase and delivery for you

:whistling:

but on a more serious note, there seems to be a number of flower delivery sites that should be reputable (based on fact that they are still around after a few years?)

i just cant think of one at the top of my head....

sorry a mostly useless post :D

Not sure flowers would be appreciated that much, a netbook perhaps?

I'd be really pi$$ed off if someone spent money sending me flowers, but then I'm a big ugly bloke, so ummmm . . . yes.

Mig16 - No useless posts here mate

MJP - Yeah - flowers were not what i was targeting - I really do have a mind to start a full service - personalized purchase / delivery service.

I have wanted to send items I know are easily accessible at the stores and have often wondered why they are not available through the these so called Gift-Flower-Shops.

One website that I know is Thailand based had nothing but flowers - OK - true enough many people do look for florists specifically for flowers - but com-on - add a basket of chocolates or teddy bear or something - please !! - their selection was dull and seemingly lifeless.

I can imagine if you collaborate with a few shops and sell their wares on-line for them online you could be a big success with little effort to have the items delivered.