New Pcx Price - Chiang Mai

Darkman

Oh please not that old chestnut about the Miata......... best sports car in the world de da de da de da.

It's a bona fide HAIRDRESSERS sportscar :rolleyes:

Bullshit. The new ones will do zero to sixty in less than 7 seconds which is faster to sixty than the old E type jaguars. If you don't believe me start looking up road tests because I have. They will do 90 miles an hour in a quarter of a mile and do over ,9 g's on a skidpad. They are still under $30,000, they will do over 30 miles to the gallon, and when it comes to long term reliability, frequency of repair, and the annual average cost of repair you are going to find out that its high dollar German competition is not even close. You can drive them 1000 miles at a crack in relatively good comfort and manage Coast to Coast without incident. And if a guy needs more speed and power I'd suggest either his becoming a Grand Prix driver or skydiving for some real meaningful thrills and chills.

Edited by jackcorbett

If I was going to transport a large object, I certainlty wouldn't do it on a motorbike.

Maybe another Topic but yesterday afternoon was 2 guys on a scooter, the one driving was stood leaning against a large TV the other guy hanging over the back was typing to hold the TV on the bike.

Go to Vietnam it is truly amazing what people can load on a motorbike or scooter

Yes, but it is the fact that you can do this same trick with bungee cords and avoid the need for the second guy that makes the Nouvo so great (at least in comparison to the PCX) -- at least only one guy will die rather than two ....

Oh please not that old chestnut about the Miata......... best sports car in the world de da de da de da.

Bullshit. The new ones will do zero to sixty in less than 7 seconds which is faster to sixty than the old E type jaguars. If you don't believe me start looking up road tests because I have. They will do 90 miles an hour in a quarter of a mile and do over ,9 g's on a skidpad. They are still under $30,000, they will do over 30 miles to the gallon, and when it comes to long term reliability, frequency of repair, and the annual average cost of repair you are going to find out that its high dollar German competition is not even close. You can drive them 1000 miles at a crack in relatively good comfort and manage Coast to Coast without incident. And if a guy needs more speed and power I'd suggest either his becoming a Grand Prix driver or skydiving for some real meaningful thrills and chills.

So it's quicker than a 50 year old Jag, still doesn't stop it being a hairdressers car :D

Anyways what's that got to do with the price of a PCX ?

I do think the PCX is the best looking scooter on the market. I like the bigger tires but would like bigger tires on larger diameter rims. If the PCX would offer the start/stop and the silly automatic braking system as options it would be much better.

I'm not real sensitive about the way a scooter looks but I do think the Scoopy and Fino scooters are incredibly ugly. They remind me of the bulging sided Italian scooters with the tiny wheels.

I have a car and a truck so hauling things is not a huge concern. However it seems that I often end up using bungy cords. The last time I needed them I was given a few Somo fruits that totally filled the under seat box and a large bunch of bananas. The bunch of bananas wouldn't fit between my feel so if not for the bungy cords, I would have had to refuse the generosity of the Thai lady who gave them to me.

Fuel injection is a great advance but any problems with the system totally confound Somchai the local mechanic. A good friend of mine had one of the first fuel injected Waves. he was totally disgusted with problems. It took nearly two years to find a dealer that could find the problem. It cost my friend 5,000 baht for a new control unit. The Wave now runs like a charm.

So it's quicker than a 50 year old Jag, still doesn't stop it being a hairdressers car :D

You should have left the analogy stand without further comment then if you are concerned over what all this has to do with the price of a PCX. But since you didn't I'll just have to show off a hair dresser's car. mom.jpg

My 1992 model Miata with Sebring supercharger, after market air intake, header, after market sport exhaust, oversize wheels and tires, stock 118 miles per hour. Modified will do 139 miles an hour before the rev limiter shuts off the flow of gasoline . Had great times playing hair dresser by the way. Since new ones have 40 % more horsepower stock this kind of performance would be vastly exceeded. Let's get back on the subject of PCX's and Elegance's, okay. or we will really start getting off the subject such as "Where did the girl come from?"

Honda Thailand price list via their website :

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">Honda Wave

Honda Wave 110iFront-Rear Drum brake, kickstart, 110cc, PGM-FI

Price 34,000 Baht

Honda Wave 110iFront disc brake, kickstarter, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 36,000 Baht

Honda Wave 110iFront disc brake, electric starter, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 38,000 Baht

Honda Wave 125iFront disc brake, kickstarter, 125cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 45,500 Baht

Honda Wave 125iFront disc brake, electric starter, 125cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 48,500 Baht

Honda Wave 110i ATFront disc brake, electric starter, 110cc, CV-Matic transmission, PGM-FI

Price 44,900 Baht

Honda PCX

Honda PCXFront disc brake, spoked wheels, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 69,800 Baht

Honda PCXFront disc brake, spoked wheels, PGM-FI (fuel injection) Honda PCXFront disc brake, alloy wheels, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Honda Air Blade

Honda Air Blade iFront disc brake, spoked wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 53,000 Baht

Honda Air Blade iFront (combo) disc brake, alloy wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 56,000 Baht

Honda Air Blade i B.O ProjectFront (combo) disc brake, alloy wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 57,000 Baht

Honda Click

Honda Click-i Tune UpFront disc brake, spoked wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 44,000 Baht

Honda Click-i Tune UpFront disc brake, alloy wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 46,000 Baht

Honda Click-i Tune Up B.O projectFront disc brake, spoked wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 46,000 Baht

Honda Click-i ForwardFront (combo) disc brake, alloy wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 47,500 Baht

Honda Click-i Forward B.O projectFront (combo) disc brake, alloy wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 49,000 Baht

Honda CZ

Honda CZ-iFront disc brake, spoked wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 36,500 Baht

Honda Scoopy

Scoopy i 110 CuteFront disc brake, spoked wheels, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 43,300 Baht

Scoopy i 110 FunFront disc brake, spoked wheels, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 44,300 Baht

Scoopy i 110 PrestigeFront disc brake, spoked wheels, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 44,800 Baht

Maxi-Scooters

Honda Forza Z (NSS250)Front - rear (combi-ABS) disc brake, 250cc, PGM-FI, liquid-cooled, A.T.

Price 350,000 Baht

Honda VTR

Honda VTR250 (mid-2010)Front - rear disc brake, PGM-FI (fuel injection), V-twin 250cc

Price 144,000 Baht

Sport Cruisers

Honda DN-01Front - rear disc brake, 680cc V-twin, liquid-cooled, Automatic CVT

Price 700,000 Baht

Honda Cruisers

Honda Goldwing GL1800Front - rear ABS disc brake, 1832cc, liquid-cooled, PGM-FI fuel-injection

Price 1,480,000 Baht

Honda Choppers

Honda Fury VTI1300Front - rear disc brake, 1312cc, liquid-cooled, PGM-FI fuel-injection

Price 668,000 Baht

Honda Fury VTI1300 ABSFront - rear ABS disc brake, 1312cc, liquid-cooled, PGM-FI fuel-injection

Price 695,000 Baht

Honda CBR

Honda CBR150RiFront - rear disc brake, alloy wheels, e-start, 150cc DOHC PGM-FI

Price 76,000 Baht

Honda CBR250RFront - rear disc brake, alloy wheels, e-start, 250cc DOHC PGM-FI

Price 100,500 Baht

Honda CBR150R ABSFront - rear C-ABS disc brake, alloy wheels, e-start, 250cc DOHC PGM-FI

Price 115,500 Baht

Honda CBR 600RRFront - rear disc brake, alloy wheels, electric start, 600cc DOHC

Price 607,000 Baht

Honda CB 1000RFront - rear disc brake, alloy wheels, electric start, 1000cc DOHC

Price 585,000 Baht

Honda CBR 1000RRFront - rear disc brake, alloy wheels, electric start, 1000cc DOHC

Price 788,000 Baht

Older Honda Scooters and Motorcycles Models.

The Honda Scooters and Motorcycles below are out-of-production, they may be still available at the local Honda dealer and Honda will service this models as usual.

Honda Dream

Honda Dream 125Kickstarter, 125cc

Price 37,000 Baht

Honda Dream 125Electric starter, 125cc

Price 42,000 Baht

Honda Wave wiki_icon.jpg

Honda Wave 100XFront disc brake, kickstarter, 100cc

Price 36,300 Baht

Honda Wave 100Kickstarter, 100cc

Price 32,500 Baht

Honda Wave 100Front disc brake, kickstarter, 100cc

Price 35,500 Baht

Honda Wave 100Front disc brake, electric starter, 100cc

Price 38,500 Baht

Honda Wave 125XFront disc brake, kickstater, 125cc

Price 41,500 Baht

Honda Wave 125XFront and rear disc brake, kickstarter, 125cc

Price 42,500 Baht

Honda Wave 125XFront disc brake, electric starter, 125cc

Price 43,500 Baht

Honda Wave 125Front disc brake, kickstarter, 125cc

Price 43,000 Baht

Honda Wave 125Front disc brake, electric starter, 125cc

Price 49,000 Baht

Honda ICON

Honda ICON RockFront disc brake, alloy wheels, no combined brake system

Price 40,500 Baht

Honda ICONFront disc brake, spoked wheels

Price 39,000 Baht

Honda ICONFront disc brake, alloy wheels, combined brake system

Price 43,000 Baht

Honda Nova

Honda Nova Sonic RSFront and rear disc brake, spoked wheels, kickstarter, 125cc

Price 46,000 Baht

Honda Nova Sonic RSFront and rear disc brake, spoked wheels, electric starter, 125cc

Price 49,000 Baht

Honda Nova Sonic RS SuperFront and rear disc brake, alloy wheels, kickstarter, 125cc

Price 47,500 Baht

Honda Touring

Honda Phantom 200 Fire EditionFront - rear disc brake, alloy wheels, tubeless, electric start, 200cc

Price 87,000 Baht

Honda CBR

Honda CBR 150R wiki_icon.jpgFront - rear disc brake, alloy wheels, electric start, 150cc DOHC

Price 64,000 Baht

Honda VFR

Honda VFR800Front - rear disc brake, PGM-FI (fuel injection), catalytic converter

Find any incorrect information, or do you have additional information send us a e-mail

Home - BMW - Ducati - Honda - Kawasaki - KTM - Platinum - Tiger - Triumph - Sachs - Suzuki - Yamaha

Honda Thailand price list via their website :

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">Honda Wave

Honda Wave 110iFront-Rear Drum brake, kickstart, 110cc, PGM-FI

Price 34,000 Baht

Honda Wave 110iFront disc brake, kickstarter, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 36,000 Baht

Honda Wave 110iFront disc brake, electric starter, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 38,000 Baht

Honda Wave 125iFront disc brake, kickstarter, 125cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 45,500 Baht

Honda Wave 125iFront disc brake, electric starter, 125cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 48,500 Baht

Honda Wave 110i ATFront disc brake, electric starter, 110cc, CV-Matic transmission, PGM-FI

Price 44,900 Baht

Honda PCX

Honda PCXFront disc brake, spoked wheels, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 69,800 Baht

Honda PCXFront disc brake, spoked wheels, PGM-FI (fuel injection) Honda PCXFront disc brake, alloy wheels, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Honda Air Blade

Honda Air Blade iFront disc brake, spoked wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 53,000 Baht

Honda Air Blade iFront (combo) disc brake, alloy wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 56,000 Baht

Honda Air Blade i B.O ProjectFront (combo) disc brake, alloy wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 57,000 Baht

Honda Click

Honda Click-i Tune UpFront disc brake, spoked wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 44,000 Baht

Honda Click-i Tune UpFront disc brake, alloy wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 46,000 Baht

Honda Click-i Tune Up B.O projectFront disc brake, spoked wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 46,000 Baht

Honda Click-i ForwardFront (combo) disc brake, alloy wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 47,500 Baht

Honda Click-i Forward B.O projectFront (combo) disc brake, alloy wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 49,000 Baht

Honda CZ

Honda CZ-iFront disc brake, spoked wheels, 110cc, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 36,500 Baht

Honda Scoopy

Scoopy i 110 CuteFront disc brake, spoked wheels, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 43,300 Baht

Scoopy i 110 FunFront disc brake, spoked wheels, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 44,300 Baht

Scoopy i 110 PrestigeFront disc brake, spoked wheels, PGM-FI (fuel injection)

Price 44,800 Baht

Maxi-Scooters

Honda Forza Z (NSS250)Front - rear (combi-ABS) disc brake, 250cc, PGM-FI, liquid-cooled, A.T.

Price 350,000 Baht

Honda VTR

Honda VTR250 (mid-2010)Front - rear disc brake, PGM-FI (fuel injection), V-twin 250cc

Price 144,000 Baht

Sport Cruisers

Honda DN-01Front - rear disc brake, 680cc V-twin, liquid-cooled, Automatic CVT

Price 700,000 Baht

Honda Cruisers

Honda Goldwing GL1800Front - rear ABS disc brake, 1832cc, liquid-cooled, PGM-FI fuel-injection

Price 1,480,000 Baht

Honda Choppers

Honda Fury VTI1300Front - rear disc brake, 1312cc, liquid-cooled, PGM-FI fuel-injection

Price 668,000 Baht

Honda Fury VTI1300 ABSFront - rear ABS disc brake, 1312cc, liquid-cooled, PGM-FI fuel-injection

Price 695,000 Baht

Honda CBR

Honda CBR150RiFront - rear disc brake, alloy wheels, e-start, 150cc DOHC PGM-FI

Price 76,000 Baht

Honda CBR250RFront - rear disc brake, alloy wheels, e-start, 250cc DOHC PGM-FI

Price 100,500 Baht

Honda CBR150R ABSFront - rear C-ABS disc brake, alloy wheels, e-start, 250cc DOHC PGM-FI

Price 115,500 Baht

Honda CBR 600RRFront - rear disc brake, alloy wheels, electric start, 600cc DOHC

Price 607,000 Baht

Honda CB 1000RFront - rear disc brake, alloy wheels, electric start, 1000cc DOHC

Price 585,000 Baht

Honda CBR 1000RRFront - rear disc brake, alloy wheels, electric start, 1000cc DOHC

Price 788,000 Baht

Older Honda Scooters and Motorcycles Models.

The Honda Scooters and Motorcycles below are out-of-production, they may be still available at the local Honda dealer and Honda will service this models as usual.

Honda Dream

Honda Dream 125Kickstarter, 125cc

Price 37,000 Baht

Honda Dream 125Electric starter, 125cc

Price 42,000 Baht

Honda Wave wiki_icon.jpg

Honda Wave 100XFront disc brake, kickstarter, 100cc

Price 36,300 Baht

Honda Wave 100Kickstarter, 100cc

Price 32,500 Baht

Honda Wave 100Front disc brake, kickstarter, 100cc

Price 35,500 Baht

Honda Wave 100Front disc brake, electric starter, 100cc

Price 38,500 Baht

Honda Wave 125XFront disc brake, kickstater, 125cc

Price 41,500 Baht

Honda Wave 125XFront and rear disc brake, kickstarter, 125cc

Price 42,500 Baht

Honda Wave 125XFront disc brake, electric starter, 125cc

Price 43,500 Baht

Honda Wave 125Front disc brake, kickstarter, 125cc

Price 43,000 Baht

Honda Wave 125Front disc brake, electric starter, 125cc

Price 49,000 Baht

Honda ICON

Honda ICON RockFront disc brake, alloy wheels, no combined brake system

Price 40,500 Baht

Honda ICONFront disc brake, spoked wheels

Price 39,000 Baht

Honda ICONFront disc brake, alloy wheels, combined brake system

Price 43,000 Baht

Honda Nova

Honda Nova Sonic RSFront and rear disc brake, spoked wheels, kickstarter, 125cc

Price 46,000 Baht

Honda Nova Sonic RSFront and rear disc brake, spoked wheels, electric starter, 125cc

Price 49,000 Baht

Honda Nova Sonic RS SuperFront and rear disc brake, alloy wheels, kickstarter, 125cc

Price 47,500 Baht

Honda Touring

Honda Phantom 200 Fire EditionFront - rear disc brake, alloy wheels, tubeless, electric start, 200cc

Price 87,000 Baht

Honda CBR

Honda CBR 150R wiki_icon.jpgFront - rear disc brake, alloy wheels, electric start, 150cc DOHC

Price 64,000 Baht

Honda VFR

Honda VFR800Front - rear disc brake, PGM-FI (fuel injection), catalytic converter

Find any incorrect information, or do you have additional information send us a e-mail

Home - BMW - Ducati - Honda - Kawasaki - KTM - Platinum - Tiger - Triumph - Sachs - Suzuki - Yamaha

Hmm... is that really from the Honda website? Looks like the Suggested retail prices Honda motorcycle for Thailand from motorcycle.in.th. which I think BTW are 2010 prices. Last time I went to the Honda Dealer near the airport the PCX was sold as 70+ K while the 150CBRi was around 80+K... Asked the guy who was doing the papers on my bike why the sudden price hike, he said the earlier prices were the promotional introductory prices.

Passed by today on the way home after a quick stop at Fastcorner in the city to get a tank guard-- there weren't any CBRs or PCXs on display (they've probably sold out again).

Edited by RED21

Most of the prices are for spoked wheels and tube type tires. As for myself, over the years I have gotten sick of flat tires. I can easily understand having a puncture but flat tires for no apparent reason really irritate me. My wife has a Suzuki with alloy wheels but they use tube type tires. She probably averages a flat a month.

The tubeless tires on my Elegance hold air really well and I do check the air pressure on regular basis. Her next bike will have tubeless tires regardless of what make it is.

Most of the prices are for spoked wheels and tube type tires. As for myself, over the years I have gotten sick of flat tires. I can easily understand having a puncture but flat tires for no apparent reason really irritate me. My wife has a Suzuki with alloy wheels but they use tube type tires. She probably averages a flat a month.

The tubeless tires on my Elegance hold air really well and I do check the air pressure on regular basis. Her next bike will have tubeless tires regardless of what make it is.

Mmmm, something wrong there, the PCX is in that list with spoked wheels but ALL PCX have ALLOYS with tubeless tyres including the one's I was quoted at 69k

MX5.. The 'sportscar' you buy for the wife..

You are 100% correct -- it is a girl's cute little convertible -- it isn't and never will be a "sports car" (no matter how much junk you bolt on to it). It is a fine car for what it is, which is not a sports car. Apart from trying to rationalize poor choices in motor vehicles, I don't see any reason for it being mentioned (positively or negatively) in this thread, which was asking about prices of the PCX.

Edited by Thailaw

You are 100% correct -- it is a girl's cute little convertible -- it isn't and never will be a "sports car" (no matter how much junk you bolt on to it). It is a fine car for what it is, which is not a sports car. Apart from trying to rationalize poor choices in motor vehicles, I don't see any reason for it being mentioned (positively or negatively) in this thread, which was asking about prices of the PCX.

Yeah, dead right, JC has a knack of elevating his drives/rides above what they really are i.e Miata = best sportscar in the world, and NE a superior solution to the PCX with all it's bungy hooks & an extra 10cc :rolleyes:

Yeah, dead right, JC has a knack of elevating his drives/rides above what they really are i.e Miata = best sportscar in the world, and NE a superior solution to the PCX with all it's bungy hooks & an extra 10cc :rolleyes:

What they have in common is, like a bungee cord, they are both fuc&ing cheap!

I got mine for 70K, and that was last year.

For those people who are saying that it's slow and fat. I believe the concept was to have a slightly larger frame around the 125 engine. I'm around 180cm, and I pretty much find that the Neuvo is a little too short, plus I am not keen on the riding position of those ones.

I don't have big feets, but I have some trouble with the Neuvo's foot placement. They are just too small. blink.gif

Did people forget all the storage space under the seat? Cos I'm sure that it's bigger than most other scooters around. But then again if you are going grocery shopping for the week, then nothing is going to be big enough.

Love the comparison between PCX/Accord and Neuvo/Miata (mx5). Seriously, they aren't even close. Neuvo-PCX are much closer in size/styling/engine size than Accord-Miata. But I do know what you mean, trying to weave the PCX through the gaps is pretty challenging, given the wider body.

But you know what? I bought mine because of the leg room (I can stretch a bit), underseat storage, and the ,then, uniqueness of it. laugh.gif

Guy's,

Thanks for all your input about the price of the PCX and more. Now I don't know what the hell to do, maybe buy a CBR150 which is cheaper than the PCX, well here in CM. But then, I really like that cherry red pcx.jap.gif

You should buy what you like the most... If you like the red pcx- which is very nice- then buy it! Why do you seek other peoples opinions? The design difference is clear on the bikes, the pcx is supposed to be a nice comfortable ride, and i have to say that the pcx is really good... The nouvo might be faster, but if you need to go fast- a scoter is not the way to go... The cbr is the better bike in many ways- but if only one bike- think what you like! Buy the pcx- you will not be unhappy!

Say what you will about the PCX or Nuovo - and I'd get a PCX simply because of the more advanced technology - but don't slag me my Miata.

This car taught me that driving can be FUN. I once got stopped for "turning too fast" on an intersection :D . Most fun car I've ever had, for sure.

Guy's,

Thanks for all your input about the price of the PCX and more. Now I don't know what the hell to do, maybe buy a CBR150 which is cheaper than the PCX, well here in CM. But then, I really like that cherry red pcx.jap.gif

I personally think the cherry red PCX is beautiful. And while I'm at it I want to be perfectly clear. If I seem to be putting down the PCX, I'm not. I think it's a fine bike but I think the Nouvo Elegance is also. Both are similar yet both are different. The PCX has certain advantages over the Nouvo Elegance and vice versa. Both in my opinion represent the top shelf of their class for their respective marque. So I try to explain the differences and highlight the good points and bad of each. I think for most people on this board who are looking for a scooter either one makes a better choice than say a Honda Wave or a Yamaha Fino. So I don't think you would go wrong with either one. What I don't respect are those who come in here knocking a perfectly good bike who clearly have no clue about what they are talking about and who don't give solid facts upon which they base their opinion. For example, calling a Yamaha Nouvo a piece of junk or a prehistoric relic is not based on fact. The same would be true if someone would claim that a PCX is so heavy and underpowered that it cannot manage to get up Buddha Hill. Either way I'm going to call the person a bull shitter and a liar. Now it is probably true that a Yamaha Nouvo Elegance is faster than a PCX. It is after all around 40 to 50 pounds lighter and it's engine is 135 c.c's to the PCX's 125 c.c's. However I borrowed a Norwegian friend's brand new PCX for about 20 minutes and I loved it. I could detect no discernible difference between its acceleration and that of my Elegance for the type of driving that I am doing. And as for my friend he will often drive his PCX from Pattaya to Rayon while his buddy is driving his Air Blade rental. Here's my buddy's views on driving a PCX.....1. It's all the bike either he or I need in his opinion, 2. For the type of driving we are likely to be doing it's not necessary (or wise) to drive any faster than 80 kph, and 3. It handles the hills better driving two up while he's got another Norwegian male on the back than his friend is able to do with a Thai woman on the back of his Air Blade rental.

Edited by jackcorbett

Say what you will about the PCX or Nuovo - and I'd get a PCX simply because of the more advanced technology - but don't slag me my Miata.

This car taught me that driving can be FUN. I once got stopped for "turning too fast" on an intersection :D . Most fun car I've ever had, for sure.

Nikster------This same person who called your Miata a hairdresser's sportscar later claimed it wasn't a sportscar at all. Well we know he can't make up his mind if it's a sports car or not. Perhaps the closest he's ever been to one was when he glued one of those little plastic models together.

• 4 months later...

Just a short post for anyone contemplating whether to go for PCX or Nuovo:

When I made my (first) decision, I went for the Nuovo simply because it was a lot cheaper and I was able to get it at list price in Pattaya... Unfortunately, I did not rent both scooters before to try them in practice - big mistake...

So, we got the Nuovo and it drove okay but wasn't exciting at all. After a 2 week holiday out of LOS, we weren't able to get the Yamaha run. The dealer came and had to remove and clean the carburetor. Some weeks later, again we didn't use it for about 2 weeks and same issue; dealer had to come...

That made me remember all the problems of carburetor models I used to have in earlier times back home.

Finally, we decided to change the Nuovo into the PCX. The dealer did a trade-in but of course, the Yamaha was 2nd hand now (although it just had about 400km). After all, we paid about 30,000 more compared to going for the PCX in the first place. But even so, we are absolutely happy with the PCX. It's a great scooter and is much better to handle than the Nuovo. It consumes only 2.2 l (Yamaha took about double) and we never had any issues in getting it started.

If you are unsure which scooter is the right one, don't make our mistake in thinking, somehow they will all be similar. There are so many places where you can rent scooters for little money and it will save you thousands of THB if you can avoid to make the wrong decision.

Good luck :rolleyes:

christian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've been thinking about getting a pcx, the fino just hurts my arse after about 30 minutes! :lol:

Any pcx owners opinions about taking it for longer spins? Say, 100km's? What's the comfort like?

Cheers,

Biff

pcx is no doubt the most comfy twist&go in TH market. It provides a TMax 500@555k baht feeling until you start its tiny engine

next step down on the ladder would be elagance 135 and suzuki hayate 125 inj

Fino close to the bottom. Short wheelbase, small brakes, low load capasity and low power