Dream House In Chiang Mai For Sale.

Dream house for sale in Chiang Mai.

If you've got a bit of extra cash and you're looking for a home this is the best bargain you will find in your life time.

Built lovingly by an artist in the middle of the Chiang Mai furniture boom about 8 years ago, with attention to detail second to none.

It is now under forced sale due to bankruptcy and divorce.

It really is an amazing pad, down sides are it's quite away from the town and maintenance of the property will be quite high.

Longkau of Ban Tawai. | Beautiful house for sale in Baan Tawai, half price, urgent sale now just 3.9 million Baht

www.longkau.com

This sale has not vested financial interest for me what so ever, I'd just like to see the gaff sold instead of the bank taking it away. Contact the seller on the Web-site if you're interested.

It really is a steal.

The answer to your question would be the owner does. They built the house and bought the land outright, the "bankruptcy" (which is probably the wrong term) was of their businesses, and i believe they owe money on business property only. As far as i know the lady needs to sell ASAP to pay off debt to the bank so she can walk away unblemished. They probably didn't technically go bankrupt but all business failed.

Pretty fantastic house, especially for that price. Not really my style, but i'm sure it would be someone's prefect house; especially if you enjoy gardening. Nice pictures on the website; good to see someone doing their property justice with the camera.

I wonder if the price includes all the furniture and design nic-nacs? I can imagine the house would look quite different with all that stuff stripped out.

Pretty fantastic house, especially for that price. Not really my style, but i'm sure it would be someone's prefect house; especially if you enjoy gardening. Nice pictures on the website; good to see someone doing their property justice with the camera.

I wonder if the price includes all the furniture and design nic-nacs? I can imagine the house would look quite different with all that stuff stripped out.

Any idea of the total land area and the total area(s) of the living space? The website provides not a clue....

Due diligence needs to be carefully performed since the couple is apparently in financial distress. It is not clear if the property is entirely separate from the "bankrupt" businesses. Personal liability may arise from the failed businesses and/or divorce. But then that's what lawyers are for.

Edited by InterestedObserver

The land size is not too far off a rai i believe. Land prices in that particular village are high, It's the hub of teak furniture in Chiang Mai. It's not a little village in the sticks. Baan Tawai.

http://www.ban-tawai.com/attraction.php

Yes i think the furniture, or most of it is in with the house.

InterestedObserver due diligence should be taken in the purchase of any property, as i wrote earlier "bankruptcy" is probably the wrong term.

Edited by classic-chassis

I just had a look on the website, wow, it's beautiful!

I'm not gonna buy it, but it does look really nice, if someone were already in the market for a home and had that kind of money, it would definitely be worth a look!

The place is a real bargain at that price, a decent sized plot of land as well.

How close is the nearest Starbucks and good Italian resto/pizzeria...if it's more than 5 kilos, forget about it. Also, with all that standing water and ponds around the house, looks like a real malaria and dengue situation to me...maybe that's the real reason they are dumping this house.

How close is the nearest Starbucks and good Italian resto/pizzeria...if it's more than 5 kilos, forget about it. Also, with all that standing water and ponds around the house, looks like a real malaria and dengue situation to me...maybe that's the real reason they are dumping this house.

Forget about it in general of just forget about time wasters? You can presume all you like my friend, that's you prerogative, you're wrong though.

Me thinks you're a concrete type of guy with western import food super market on your doorstep, air con 24/7 and don't speak a word of the local language after years of living here, who moans none stop about the "dumb" locals and hot weather. Maybe that's the real reason you post pointless nonsense, i may be wrong though but that's my prerogative.

O dear o dear

I agree that earlier writer is way out line with his criticism. He tells us a lot more about himself than he does about what he is criticizing. If he can't deal with life more than five miles from a Starbucks, one wonders what he is doing in Thailand. However, I suspect I already know. There are lots of people who come here for the cheap standard of living, women, etc., who have spent years in Thailand and speak about a half dozen words of hardly recognizable Thai. The odd thing is that he thinks everyone else is like him. We are not. The thing that is not odd is that he is complaining, because generally people who live in Thailand and can't be five miles from a Starbucks are a rather miserable lot. Anyway, I myself think the house is gorgeous, and an amazingly good deal, and would love to buy it. I have my own coffee grinder.

Really beautiful house. It's not for everybody, but a true artist's house. Amazing!

Nice but imagine not keeping up with the maintenance, watering the plants etc.... full time job keeping it in good condition i.e. thepaintings will fade the plants will die.

Still a nice house if you have the time to maintain the upkeep.

Bankruptcy AND divorce . . .double tradgedy, it doesn't get much worse.

The effort, time and expense of putting that house together must have been a labour of love and blind faith, creating their own little garden of eden and dream house, heartbreaking for them both, I'm sure.

As for the practicalities of selling a property like this, which is such a personal statement regarding design, and I imagine high maintenance with all that timber. One can only hope that they find a suitable bohemian buyer who falls in love with it and has the cash to buy it.

The land size is not too far off a rai i believe. Land prices in that particular village are high, It's the hub of teak furniture in Chiang Mai. It's not a little village in the sticks. Baan Tawai.

http://www.ban-tawai.com/attraction.php

Yes i think the furniture, or most of it is in with the house.

InterestedObserver due diligence should be taken in the purchase of any property, as i wrote earlier "bankruptcy" is probably the wrong term.

Absolutely beautiful!

A lot of work and money has gone into creating this home, the owners must be very sad to let it go.

If I had a spare 3.9 mill I would definately be interested. :)

One can only hope that they find a suitable bohemian buyer who falls in love with it and has the cash to buy it.

All those "bohemian" buyers did their Thailand thing in the 60's and 70's and are now in their 60's, and after going through their own bankruptcies and divorces, are living off old age pensions in the UK and Social Security in the States and are not in the market for properties on the Thailand circuit anymore :whistling:

One can only hope that they find a suitable bohemian buyer who falls in love with it and has the cash to buy it.

All those "bohemian" buyers did their Thailand thing in the 60's and 70's and are now in their 60's, and after going through their own bankruptcies and divorces, are living off old age pensions in the UK and Social Security in the States and are not in the market for properties on the Thailand circuit anymore :whistling:

Or Not