Great New Greek Restaurant/Food Stall

Jimmyd

First of all I must say that I really don't know much about Greek food, but I do believe I know *good* food when I taste it.

I've passed Acropolis Souvlaki dozens of times--it's just off Soi Buakow opposite Soi PP Massage a few hundred meters south of the Northern (more permanent) market on Soi Buakow, about halfway between North and South Pattaya roads. It's on the west side of Soi Buakow, perhaps 10 meters back from the road. Here are some pics to give you a better idea:

post-10689-0-82935700-1296863299_thumb.j

post-10689-0-30574900-1296863327_thumb.j

My foodie radar went off immediately upon seeing it, but I didn't get around to trying it until last night. Well, I must say, the food is excellent and very reasonably priced. I'm really excited to have another great restaurant on the scene.

I had the Greek Salad and a pork Souvlaki Gyros (like a schwarama). The Gyros was much better than any schwarama I have ever had. It had a wonderful garlicky sauce on it and the meat was cooked to juicy perfection. It was supertastylicious. The Greek salad was also wonderful--lots of tasty feta and some great, salty olives (calamata?). Careful, the olives were not pitted. :) Here's a pic of the food:

post-10689-0-50536500-1296863704_thumb.j

Here's the menu, notice the cheap cheeps. :D

post-10689-0-01762800-1296863741_thumb.j

Jingthing--great news, it's right on a baht bus route!

Edited by Jimmyd

Hardly qualifies as a "restaurant" but sounds like surely worth a try when one is wandering aimlessly around soi BK with nothing to do. Overall, prices not that cheap...considering you have to sit outside with no air-con and enduring the noise and dust, and battling the mozzies but the sharmas at B 60-70 seem reasonable.

Still have no idea where the place is, however.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Well the Greek salad and the souvlaki (though with Greek food that would traditionally be lamb) are Greek. Perhaps the roast chicken depending on how they do it. Also the meat sticks are probably the same meat that goes into the pitas. Anyway, sounds OK, I will try.

I do really love the spelling for CHEEPS!

(Americans of a certain age will probably smile thinking about the

Cheeseburger Cheeseburger/Cheeps Cheeps Saturday night live sketches.)

Edited by Jingthing

Well the Greek salad and the souvlaki (though with Greek food that would traditionally be lamb) are Greek. Perhaps the roast chicken depending on how they do it. Also the meat sticks are probably the same meat that goes into the pitas. Anyway, sounds OK, I will try.

I do really love the spelling for CHEEPS!

(Americans of a certain age will probably smile thinking about the

Cheeseburger Cheeseburger/Cheeps Cheeps Saturday night live sketches.)

I really do not see Greek food in the pictures. Is it just me?

I do not see Greek bread, real souvlaki, gyro........well, maybe the salad might sort of qualify as Greek.

Still, it looks better than McDonalds.

Speaking of a find, carefully compare the amount of feta cheese in the menu picture (which shows whole cubes of the cheese) vs. the actual Greek salad as served (which shows some sprinkled up cheese). Yes, I know, feta cheese is very expensive in Thiland, but just saying, the menu picture doesn't deliver.

Speaking of a find, carefully compare the amount of feta cheese in the menu picture (which shows whole cubes of the cheese) vs. the actual Greek salad as served (which shows some sprinkled up cheese). Yes, I know, feta cheese is very expensive in Thiland, but just saying, the menu picture doesn't deliver.

Menu pictures not matching the actual meals served is hardly something new - bottom line is somebody (Jimmy) has tried it and says it is worth a visit and with so many different choices and options in Pattaya a good recommendation is worth having.

Mate of mine told me about it a few week's ago said what a great nibble on the way home, had had a kebab I didnt try it, as last time I had one of those I was still paying for it several day's later. He has had quite a few since then no prob's. Next time I'm down there I'll give it a try. Thank's for the imfo. If I'm not wrong it's just by the side of the crappy carpark.

I had the pitta burger last night and it was very nice so nice I had to order another 1 and 3 changs to wash it down of course.

Thanks for weighing in--nice to know I'm not the only one who likes it.

I'll have to try the pita burger.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd just like to re-report that I've been to this place many times since my original post. It may not be a Greek restaurant in the strict sense, but the food they serve is very good and unique in the area. It would be nice if some others try it and chime in with their opinions.

Remember kids, the more good food options we have in the area, the better!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...