Uk Visa Please

My Thai other half and I (from UK) have been to England on a six month tourist visa. Now back in Thailand again we want to go back to the UK for two years or more. Do we need to get marred to do this? Is there another way. We want to get marred but we don't want to do it for visa reasons. We want to do it when we are ready. What is the best visa to apply for? I have a house in the UK my other half has money in the bank. We will both want to work in UK. Maybe have babies there etc.... Anyone can help???? Just need to know what visa it is I need to apply for :) Thank you

As a visitor he will only be able to stay in the UK for a maximum of 6 months per visit and, unless there are special circumstances, a maximum of 6 months out of any 12 and he will not be able to work or study.

For a work or study visa he will need to be sponsored by an employer or a recognised educational establishment.

So, from what you have said, none of these would be suitable.

The only way, in my opinion, is for him to apply for some form of settlement visa.

How long have you been together? If you have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage outside the UK for at least the last two years then he can apply as your unmarried partner (the time spent in the UK on your recent visit would count towards this).

See Unmarried and same sex partners.

Alternatively you could marry and he then applies as your spouse.

See Spouses.

Whichever you go for he will have to provide evidence that he satisfies the English language requirement and a a certificate confirming that he is free from infectious tuberculosis with the application.

You will also need to show that you satisfy the Maintenance and accommodation requirements.

Whichever one you go for it will be valid for 27 months and he will be able to work.

After he has been living with you in the UK for 24 months he can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. This is indefinite, but would lapse were he to spend a continuous period of two years or more out of the UK or it could be canceled if it became apparent that he was no longer resident in the UK and only using it for visits.

However, once he has lived with you in the UK for at least three years, and has ILR, then he could apply for British citizenship (both Thailand and the UK allow dual nationality) and once he has that he can enter and leave the UK as often and for as long as he wishes; the same as any other British citizen.

Does the three years start From the first entry into the UK. My wife cameto the UK on a six month Holiday visa, she went home, I married her and she came back to the UK on a settlement visa. So hence my Question , does the three years start at the first visit date.

Does the three years start From the first entry into the UK. My wife cameto the UK on a six month Holiday visa, she went home, I married her and she came back to the UK on a settlement visa. So hence my Question , does the three years start at the first visit date.

Starts from first entry to the UK.

Allowed 270 days in total, 90 in the last year, out of the UK.

RAZZ

In addition to the maximum 270 days in the last three years with a maximum of 90 days in the final year out of the UK that Razz mentions, she must also have been in the UK on the exact day three years prior to applying. She must also have no time limit on her stay in the UK; i.e. ILR or the equivalent.

Provided she can meet the above then, yes, time spent in the UK as a visitor, or other form of visa, does count toward the residential qualification for naturalisation.

Yes time spent on a tourist visa counts (subject to satisfying other criteria).

He could well go as a student first, work 20 hours per week (full time in holidays), as long as his course it at least degree level or equivalent (foundation programmes included).

The OP says her boyfriend has money in the bank, so getting a study visa shouldn't prove difficult. You could then get married in the UK and he could switch to a settlement category when you are good and ready. He could continue to extend his student visa until such time.

Or after his studies he could switch into a work based category, if he were to qualify. Tier 2 would be available if he could secure a job offer, otherwise it would be Tier 1 (General) which has quite tough criteria.

The settlement route is not the only option available to you.

He could well go as a student first, work 20 hours per week (full time in holidays), as long as his course it at least degree level or equivalent (foundation programmes included)

And as long as he is sponsored by a recognised educational establishment and can show he has the funds available to pay for his course and cover his living expenses in the UK!

The settlement route is not the only option available to you

Indeed, but in their circumstances I reckon it's the simplest.

He could well go as a student first, work 20 hours per week (full time in holidays), as long as his course it at least degree level or equivalent (foundation programmes included).

The OP says her boyfriend has money in the bank, so getting a study visa shouldn't prove difficult. You could then get married in the UK and he could switch to a settlement category when you are good and ready. He could continue to extend his student visa until such time.

Or after his studies he could switch into a work based category, if he were to qualify. Tier 2 would be available if he could secure a job offer, otherwise it would be Tier 1 (General) which has quite tough criteria.

The settlement route is not the only option available to you.

Hey thanks so much for your time. I am gona give it all some thought! Thank you again :)