Jump to content

Where To Get A Copy "Certified"


Recommended Posts

I need to get a copy of my wife's passport "Certified" to send to the IRS. I understand the US embassy provides notary service but the instructions on the IRS form state.

Consular offices at U.S. Embassies and Consulates overseas may not certify true copies of foreign public documents and will refer applicants to

the foreign authority that issued the document.

National identification card (must be current and Have the copies notarized by a foreign notary. However, contain name, photograph, address, date of birth,

foreign notaries are only acceptable as outlined by the Hague and expiration date)

Convention. The Hague Convention provides for the simplified certification of public (including notarized) documents to be

used in countries that have joined the Convention.

The situation is I am filing for an ITIN for my wife and children. My wifes passport is all the is need for her.

My children have Military ID and translated copies of birth certificates.

I need all of these documents "certified true copies"

Were have people had this service provided in the recent past?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It needs to be done at the US Embassy. They make the copy and stamp it with their certification. I did this for my wife for the same purpose a couple of years ago. Same price as getting something notarized,

Anything done by a Thai "lawyer" would probably not be accepted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...